William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crm2317 said:
On the radio today it was saying that the bookies have stopped taking bets on the wedding being on the 19th of July because it seems so certain. Seems a bit early to me unless someone from the royal household or a friend has blabbed:flowers:

yes, the rumor now is than the wedding will be the july 19 but still nothing about the futures titles:rolleyes:

But July 19th is a Thursday, seems like an odd day for a wedding. You would think it would be on a weekend.

Oppie said:
But July 19th is a Thursday, seems like an odd day for a wedding. You would think it would be on a weekend.

I wonder when they will start to kill animals and read the date from the animal's livers, like the Romans did.... Can imagine the headlines:
Roman Mystic discloses The Secret:: Royal Wedding will be on the....:lol::ROFLMAO:

If Prince William and Kate haven't really made up their mind whether they want to be together (marry), all these rumours and pressure are going to put a real strain on the relationships.
They may love each other, may like each other and be friends, but if they are unsure of future marriage, there is a chance they might break up (I don't want that at all).

I know I would stand all that, if I weren't really, for 100% sure of my feelings. I would definitely not tolerate paparazzi in front of my house.
So I'd say if they will still be dating in 2-3 months, they are pretty sure of their feelings and plans.

Oppie said:
The bookies would lose so much money, I think we can be pretty sure it will not be on July 19th, which as you say is a Thursday.

Charles and Diana were married on a Wednesday!

I was wondering about that. It would just seem more logical to get married on a weekend though. I guess Charles and Camilla were aiming for a friday.

I think it would be funny though if the guy got bad info and someone else gets married that day. (Peter Philips or a minor royal)

I don't think it matters what day of the week they get married on. Whatever day it is, it will be a huge event. For logistical reasons, ie., shipping guests in from across the globe, the weekend would be better sense.

That is if anyone actually bothers to go. You never know, the Royal Houses of the world might be washing their hair that day.

BeatrixFan said:
That is if anyone actually bothers to go. You never know, the Royal Houses of the world might be washing their hair that day.

You know, I think they might go with greasy hair for one more day. Whether he marries Kate or marries some other lucky lady (well, lucky is subjective here I guess), it's still going to be big news.

I was sort of unsure about this rumour but the bookies must be seriously worried if they are stopping bets because they know it is a cert they will lose a lot of money. But i agree that if this is a rumour it must be putting a lot of strain on their relationship. Plus I read this week that Kate's security has been put up

You know, I think they might go with greasy hair for one more day.
Queen Beatrix wouldn't. She'd at least need a fresh spray on the mighty bouff.

BeatrixFan said:
Queen Beatrix wouldn't. She'd at least need a fresh spray on the mighty bouff.

:lol:

That's true. Although, she could probably stick her head in an open fire hydrant and that hair wouldn't budge an inch.

Most British royal weddings take place on weekdays for some reason.

Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward all married on weekdays and I believe the Queen married on a Thursday as well. i.e. Charles and Anne's first weddings

Interesting, I thought that it would be easier if they took place on a weekend. Does it ususally turn into some sort of holiday. With the amount of people that watched Charles and Diana wedding, that would be a lot of people calling in sick.

Well not nessecarily. Let's not assume as many people want to see it. Times are very different now.

Oppie said:
Interesting, I thought that it would be easier if they took place on a weekend. Does it ususally turn into some sort of holiday. With the amount of people that watched Charles and Diana wedding, that would be a lot of people calling in sick.

Actually Charles and Diana's wedding was a public holiday, if I remember correctly. Andrew and Sarah's wedding was not.

BTW, the story about the bets being off for William's and Kate's wedding made it to the front page of CNN. That's quite an achievement, although I don't know if its a good one.

BeatrixFan said:
Well not nessecarily. Let's not assume as many people want to see it. Times are very different now.

It's Prince William, and unless he marries some absolute dissolute and gets kicked out of the line of succession, people will watch.

free day for anyone! ha ha, if william marry would be in london, but in wenstminster or st. paul? both have bad memories for william

I assume it'd be at Westminster Abbey. St George's Chapel would probably be too small, and there'd be no sense in inviting comparisons with his parents' wedding by getting married at St Paul's.

Elspeth said:
I assume it'd be at Westminster Abbey. St George's Chapel would probably be too small, and there'd be no sense in inviting comparisons with his parents' wedding by getting married at St Paul's.

yes, you're right st. george and the chapel of st. james palace are very very small, I think the queen will do a wedding for william so espectacular like the charles and diana was.

Elspeth said:

I would think the future King and Queen of England would marry at Westminster Abbey. Harry might get married at St. Paul's, though.

One of the Sunday papers here in Sydney has "Princess in Waiting" taking up half the front page, with a further two pages of "When Will the Prince Pop the Question?" and "Speculation Mounts Over Engagement."

Clarence House denies marriage rumors, again

not that it makes any difference to the media :rolleyes:

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=642&id=34062007

SPECULATION that Prince William will marry his long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton in the summer was intensifying this weekend.
William Hill closed its books to bets on the big day being July 19 after a large number of punters placed up to £1,000 on the couple choosing the summer date to tie the knot.
Despite the bet frenzy, a Clarence House spokesman said: "There are no plans for a royal wedding. Prince William will be with his regiment on July 19."

I wish people would just leave these two alone.

They will spring it on us when they are ready, not when they are told to be ready.

However, I must admit, I can't wait for that day, if it ever does come with Kate or with whoever.

I will probably get up at 4am and watch, just as I did with Diana's wedding.

I'm pretty sure that there will be crowds out for the wedding, and a huge TV audience.

Every time in recent years that the media has said 'no-one is interested in the Royals' they have been proved wrong. Think of the Queen Mother's funeral, the Queen's Golden Jubilee, even the more low key Queen's 80th birthday - full of loyal support.

When Pr William marries, the world will be there. But I wish the media would back off a little. Pr Charles was bounced into marrying Diana - and look what a disaster that was. Better give William space to decide on the right person and for the right reasons.

Alison20 said:
Pr Charles was bounced into marrying Diana - and look what a disaster that was.

Precisely why William should marry who he wants, when he wants. I am more than 100% certain he doesn't want his marriage going down the same road that his parents' marriage did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom