The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is a house being constructed for William on the Highgrove estate that was planned for some time. It's not an indication of a marital home for him and Kate.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswallan
I thought the grand house was for Charles and Camilla? Oh I am confused.
What house? Camilla retained her private estate and Charles already has Highgrove. In addition, he took over Birkhall and Clarence House after the death of The Queen Mother and this is on top of his apartments and offices at St. James Palace.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Gentry

Can never have too many places to call home.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
There is a house being constructed for William on the Highgrove estate that was planned for some time. It's not an indication of a marital home for him and Kate.
This one is not at Highgrove, but nearby. And the venerable Times is the one reporting this as a "love nest":

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...508490,00.html

Ditto for the Independent:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...cle2081685.ece

HMMMM.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Think we may hear an annoucement soon :)
Old 12-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
What house? Camilla retained her private estate and Charles already has Highgrove. In addition, he took over Birkhall and Clarence House after the death of The Queen Mother and this is on top of his apartments and offices at St. James Palace.
There is also the house and farm they have purchased in Wales.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
This one is not at Highgrove, but nearby. And the venerable Times is the one reporting this as a "love nest":

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...508490,00.html

Ditto for the Independent:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...cle2081685.ece

HMMMM.
FWIW, it's quite a long time since the Times could plausibly be referred to as venerable.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Administrator

So much for those rumours...

So, the crescendo of speculation and breathless anticipation of Kate/Catherine appearing at Church at Sandringham, together with the imminent engagement announcement have... come to nought.

How soon before it all hypes up again for another (anti-) climax?
Old 12-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Administrator

A dictators behaving badly digression...

With more substance than a failed imminent-engagement rumour, but with no relevance whatsoever to the thread topic...

Since the subject was raised at post #29 and discussed at #32-38, and for those interested in the appalling Ceausescus of Romania, Larzen has quoted from a new biography of King Harald V in the Royal Library thread:

The King also talks about state visits, the most difficult one was the one from Ceausescu. It all started badly, the dictator had told the palace he would like a white Mercedes as a welcoming gift so when he got a book with pictures of the western fjords he was not amused. He also wanted to stop the tram outside the palace because he found it so noisy, and all the staff had to walk without shoes because he could not stand the noise of shoes on the wooden floors. He and his wife left one day early.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Nobility

As to the engagement rumors, we're a patient "lot," Warren.

(I'm not English/British so the quotation marks made me feel less phony by using that term.)
Old 12-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
So, the crescendo of speculation and breathless anticipation of Kate/Catherine appearing at Church at Sandringham, together with the imminent engagement announcement have... come to nought.

How soon before it all hypes up again for another (anti-) climax?
Well, there is always the new year!
Old 12-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Royal Highness

well the rumour about xmas at sandringham was renegged back a couple of weeks ago so we knew that wasn't going to happen but the engagement rummour....i feel bad for all those that waited with baited breath.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dont feel bad for me I Still see a Wedding on the Cards :)
Old 12-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1
I just heard on the news that Kate spent a night at Buckingham Palace over the weekend after celebratory drinks on Friday night. Apparently Kate is the first non spouse to stay at the palace suggesting that an engagement announcement may be imminent.
We will wait and see???
Not so. Sophie Rhys Jones lived at the Palace long before her engagement to Prince Edward was announced.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Nobility

I think that an engagement is not eminent, but very probably. I'm not looking for an announcement prior to the end of 2007, maybe not until 2008. I do believe that marriage would not interfere with William's ability to perform his duties, though. Many officers are married and perform their duties perfectly well.
I don't believe that the two things are mutually exclusive. I am very interested in what 2007 will bring in terms of the relationship between Prince William and Catherine, though. I'm hoping that we will see their relationship unfold even more over time. There have been many small giveaways, the main one being Prince William's stability with Kate. He has remained constant with the young lady for quite some time now. It could be that he has found the right girl for him.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Is she his only prospect? Is she the best he can do?
Old 12-29-2006, 05:20 PM

Yes. That girl with three heads, a hunchback, one leg and breath that smells like Roseanne Barr's armpits got married last summer apparantly.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
I don't think Catherine is William's only prospect, but it's obvious that right now she is most certainly the person he prefers. Who he wants should count for something, I would think. Both princes are free to date whomever they choose, and for now it seems that Prince William has chosen to date Catherine just as Prince Harry has chosen to date Chelsy.

BTW, BeatrixFan, you are hilarious!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette

What do you mean by 'best'? That seems to me as if you have some criteria to determine a person's worth with regard to marrying William.

The only criteria, I believe she needs to fulfil, is that he loves her and wants her to share his life with him. If she agrees then she is the 'best' he can do.

A pity that his father couldn't get that say in his choice but it is clear, at least to me, that Charles is insisting that his sons be able to choose from the entire world and not have a criteria placed upon their choice as he had, with such disastrous consequences for himself, his wife and the entire Royal Family.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Courtier

I haven't heard of William being with anyone else. I think he is married to Kate in his heart already, but don't want the pomp and circumstance of a full blown wedding just yet. Especially, if the British government pays for some of it and there are problems with the Blair government and Iraq War situation.

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press