William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,guys!I've read so many times that if the couple is separated,we'll find out soon when we see William with another girl.Why just "another girl"?Is it impossible to see him with a "royal girl" this time?It would be the couple of the decade!!lol

As there are really very few 'royal girls' availabe I doubt it but even then a 'royal girl' would also be 'another girl' as it would be different from his present girl.

Hi,guys!I've read so many times that if the couple is separated,we'll find out soon when we see William with another girl.Why just "another girl"?Is it impossible to see him with a "royal girl" this time?It would be the couple of the decade!!lol

Did you say decade? I would say it would be the sensation of the century.
But as IluvBertie said, it would be just "another girl". I am starting to think that this silence means something, a Christmas announcement? I hope not, and I am not ashamed to say I hope not, but this silence is making me nervous.:ohmy:

The recent silence makes me, too, think something is in the works. My guess would be a December announcement and late Spring wedding at St. George's Chapel. Time will tell (or not). :)

I think you have a good point about William: he may be happier with a scaled down wedding. I also think that a less lavish event might be more appropriate for today, and not just because of the economic conditions. Attitudes to the monarchy have changed over the last 27 years since Charles' first wedding, and I don't think there would be anywhere near the interest there was then, with all the street parties, etc. And there is also the fact that the fairytale element has gone, permanently I think. Everyone now knows that heirs to the Crown - and their brother and their sister - can get divorced and remarry, so it might not be forever after, and I think that will make a considerable difference.

I don't think that any member of the RF's personal plans, such as the wish to get married, should be postponed because of economic circumstances; if they want to get married, they should get married. I agree with others who have said they should tailor the occasion to meet the economic mood.

I agree with you but I think everyone is missing out on the biggest point. Even if they do scale down wedding celebrations the biggest cost for royal weddings is security that the government must fund. With the current economic plan just announced by Brown & Darling, there is really no wiggle room for an extra $30 million for security for someone to say I do. The royal family isn't wealthy or liquid enough to pay for something like that themselves.

Looking at it statistically, let's look at other people in the same situation as William. Felipe, Frederik, Victoria...all of them have married in their thirties (or not at all yet in Victoria's case). If you look at William's circle all of them very late 20's to 30's. He's committed to a job for the next 5 years.

Also, there were a few posts saying that if they have broken up it would be in the papers. I don't know...to be quite honest I don't think anyone would care. Firstly, people's discretionary income for buying magazines is depleting quickly, they've broken up once which was a huge story, the second time not so much.

I personally don't think they've broken up. She's too easy for him. At this stage when he's committed to the military how is he going to meet anyone? It would be a lot of work and she appears to jump through hoops for him. I think once he starts full time royal rounds in the future he will meet someone else and as they've said previously do a Viscount Linley.

Either we're getting an announcement very soon or it's because they've both been busy with work recently, I don't believe they've broken up cause we would have heard something by now.

I agree ghost. Wake up earlier to try to get me to fall for a media blackout. :lol:

Either we're getting an announcement very soon or it's because they've both been busy with work recently, I don't believe they've broken up cause we would have heard something by now.

It must be a busy time for Party Pieces, all those crackers and paper hats etc. to be sent out.

They might stay unmarried far as long as possible, given the media circus that followed Princess Diana post-engagement. If my memory serves me correctly, the media circus followed her for the rest of her life until she was killed being chased by the people who take the photos to go with the stories.

It must be a busy time for Party Pieces, all those crackers and paper hats etc. to be sent out.
And all those pounds to take to the bank so that their family can enjoy the fruits of their labor.:)

As long as the fruits of their labour isn´t the crown of England I am ok.

Pity for you then.:) I'm ok either way, since my well being doesn't depend on what these people do or don't do.

Well it doesn´t for me either, it is just that I would find it very sad for yet another royal family to disappear into oblivion, it is mainly a love of history and tradition that gives me the interest, not the "love story" of the century for sure.
Living where I do I have seen the late King of Italy´s house turned into a luxury hotel, I have also seen what has happened to the other royal houses and the families who were living here.
A shame from my personal point of view.

Pity for you then.:) I'm ok either way, since my well being doesn't depend on what these people do or don't do.

Hummm...I can't think of many people whose well being would depend on what these two do. :)

I think a wedding within the next 2-3 years would be unlikely. As gabby_windsor pointed out, too expensive. And I just can't see them settling down so soon. They don't seem ready, given the partying etc.

And as Lighthouse said, the role of the paparazzi may have something to do with this delay, although my personal opinion is that Kate would be better off once they're settled and married. The press might not be so crazy about her then because there is no need to speculate on their romance. Only need to speculate whether she's pregnant or not. But they seem to be doing that already anyway! I think once they become a 'boring old married couple', life will be easier for them because they will get less trouble from the press.

That's what people thought would happen with Charles and Diana, too.:ermm:

I think once they become a 'boring old married couple', life will be easier for them because they will get less trouble from the press.

I have been out of here for a while so explain please what does "do a Viscount Linley mean?

I have a question..

Is Kate Middleton really, truely, fuly a "commoner"? If so, and if she marries Prince Wiliam, and he succeeds to the throne, then she will be the first truely peasant Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland.

Elizabeth Woodville, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Katherine Howard, Katherine Parr, Anne Hyde, Elizabeth Bowles-Lyon, were all born into millionaire aristocratic fortunes, and almost all of them trace back to royal lineage. Although not consorts, Diana Spencer, Sarah Ferguson, Camilla Parker-Bowles and the present Countes of Wessex are also likewise aristocrately born and trace back to royal blood, even if only illegitimately.

Someone has mentioned that the BRF is not "liquid" in money,that's why a big-scale wedding would be out of the question.Can this be possible?Persuade me,please!
And by the way,Ireland is a free democratic country.Maybe you wanted to say something else,right Velasco?

Another thing.

I've been living outside of the UK the last few years and I have been taken rather by surprise these last few days as I have google'd and wikipedia'd the royal house. I had heard of Charles-Camilla marriage, and of her becoming Duchess of Cornwall, and had also heard of Kate Middleton previously but never really taken it very seriously. I'm shocked at how quickly Charles and William have aged! And also shocked that this rather plain girl might one day become Queen-consort. Its amazing how things change in just a few years.

IMHO whomever William marries will have to be both beautiful, charismatic and extremely intelligent, be humble/sweet enough to endear the British public but savvy enough to "market" herself successful and play the press to her advantage. Inevitably, next Princess of Wales will be compared to Diana, or worse yet, what Diana could have been, as Queen-Consort. I really don't think Kate Middleton has what it takes to fill such big shoes. She is good looking, yes, but I don't know...can't put my finger on it...she just lacks something. The X-Factor, lol. She lacks charisma, I think, which the next Princess of Wales/Queen-Consort must have if the monarchy is to have any extended future. Prince William is quite boring and he needs an interesting wife, someone in the mold of his mother, of Grace Kelly, of Mrs Sarkozy. Someone beautiful, elegant, glamorous; who is an adored, trendsetting, A-list celebrity par excellence yet still as exalted and dignified as royalty should be.

Someone has mentioned that the BRF is not "liquid" in money,that's why a big-scale wedding would be out of the question.Can this be possible?Persuade me,please!
And by the way,Ireland is a free democratic country.Maybe you wanted to say something else,right Velasco?

Isn't the Queen still Queen of Ireland? Northern Ireland, at least?

Even if she isn't..all of the other Queen-consorts that I cited would have been Queen-Consort of Ireland anyways ;)

As for money... I'm sure that between them Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, and the Middletons (they're millionaires, right?) can pull enough money together to provide for a proper wedding from their own pockets. Anything the government put towards it would just be a bonus really. I mean, just the yearly incomes from Duchy of Lancaster and Cornwall mean Prince Charles must have a huge liquid income per annum, certainly enough for a marriage.

Kate is a rich girl she isn't some poor working class woman. Her family are self made millionaires so she maybe common but she is not by no means poor.

Thanks for that clarification.

So basically, she's rich - but she's still a peasant. A daughter of the bourgeousie. :ROFLMAO: Doing quite well for herself, the first bourgouise Queen of England ;)

Isn't the Queen still Queen of Ireland? Northern Ireland, at least?

Even if she isn't..all of the other Queen-consorts that I cited would have been Queen-Consort of Ireland anyways ;)
I have written and deleted this post so many times because I dont want to start an argument on politics but please remember that Northern Ireland is regarded by many Irish as being under an occuping hostile military force. Yes the Queen is still its head of state and god save the peace process long may it continue. But Ireland does not have a queen/king and has not for many years. OK I think thats my least political draft so I will post it and please :flowers:I dont want to drag this thread into a political debate that has been ongoing for several hundred years at this point with no clear winner just lots and lots of losers on both sides.:nonono:

Oh sorry - didn't realise it was such a big deal.:ohmy::ermm:

I wasn't attempting to involve politics in the matter, it just came out naturally to say Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland, since most English kings and their consorts have used those three royal styles over the last centuries, plus France (or what's left of English-held France, namely the Channel Islands) and in more recent times India.

He went out with Susannah Constantine for years, then broke up with her (or she with him) and seemed to get engaged to Serena Stanhope not long after that. Serena Stanhope is the grand-daughter of the Earl of Harrington, and so I think that some are hoping that William and Kate will end and William will find a nice aristocratic girl.:) If not, at least that he'll find someone besides Kate.:ermm:

I have been out of here for a while so explain please what does "do a Viscount Linley mean?

Another thing.

I've been living outside of the UK the last few years and I have been taken rather by surprise these last few days as I have google'd and wikipedia'd the royal house. I had heard of Charles-Camilla marriage, and of her becoming Duchess of Cornwall, and had also heard of Kate Middleton previously but never really taken it very seriously. I'm shocked at how quickly Charles and William have aged! And also shocked that this rather plain girl might one day become Queen-consort. Its amazing how things change in just a few years.

IMHO whomever William marries will have to be both beautiful, charismatic and extremely intelligent, be humble/sweet enough to endear the British public but savvy enough to "market" herself successful and play the press to her advantage. Inevitably, next Princess of Wales will be compared to Diana, or worse yet, what Diana could have been, as Queen-Consort. I really don't think Kate Middleton has what it takes to fill such big shoes. She is good looking, yes, but I don't know...can't put my finger on it...she just lacks something. The X-Factor, lol. She lacks charisma, I think, which the next Princess of Wales/Queen-Consort must have if the monarchy is to have any extended future. Prince William is quite boring and he needs an interesting wife, someone in the mold of his mother, of Grace Kelly, of Mrs Sarkozy. Someone beautiful, elegant, glamorous; who is an adored, trendsetting, A-list celebrity par excellence yet still as exalted and dignified as royalty should be.

As the last person to use the Princess of Wales title had all those things and nearly destroyed the House of Windsor I suspect William will go for boring and safe rather than charismatic and dangerous.

Hummm...I can't think of many people whose well being would depend on what these two do. :)
Are you kidding?:ohmy::eek: There are websites out there where young girls and sadly women do nothing but stick pins in Kate Middleton dolls all day long.:nonono: And that's putting it mildly. You don't see it here in blatant and appalling forms because the mods won't allow it.:flowers: God love them.

As the last person to use the Princess of Wales title had all those things and nearly destroyed the House of Windsor I suspect William will go for boring and safe rather than charismatic and dangerous.

William strikes me as a person who has been clamoring for stability his whole life, and I'm sure his choice of a partner will reflect that desire to have a calm and uncomplicated personal life. That, in turn, could only benefit an institution like the monarchy, which is often served well by stable and calm people, I think.

I agree. Sometimes what might appear to be "boring" is actually "stable and calm." So many exciting, glamourous people have ended up in bad ways.:ermm:

William strikes me as a person who has been clamoring for stability his whole life, and I'm sure his choice of a partner will reflect that desire to have a calm and uncomplicated personal life. That, in turn, could only benefit an institution like the monarchy, which is often served well by stable and calm people, I think.

I get that impression of him as well. And Kate's family is close knit from all that we can tell, with two parents who appear to work well together and have a stable, loving relationship. A very nurturing family, something I would think is probably appealing, reassuring to William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom