The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I can't find any article covering this interview where Diana talks about taking cookery lessons, (which she had of course already done), perhaps you may be able to find a link.
Here we go - it was re-aired as a part of the BBC's wedding coverage:

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Diana looked so "coy" back then, after so many years it is strange to see her as a young engaged girl before the wedding. How she changed! Lovely voice. Prince Charles looking so young too.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

She really did change so much as she grew older (grew up, really -- it's hard to believe sometimes how very young she was when she married).

So, anyway, do we think that W&K would do a similar interview should they get engaged? I would imagine that this kind of tightly controlled press piece would be William's preference. But I wonder if it would be the BBC this time or another network.

HM The Queen
Old 09-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Thanks for that Ella Kay, she said she had already taken lessons for cookery which is probably why I don't recall her saying she would take cookery lessons. She would of course have known that her days of doing the cooking were over.
Quote:
So, anyway, do we think that W&K would do a similar interview should they get engaged? I would imagine that this kind of tightly controlled press piece would be William's preference. But I wonder if it would be the BBC this time or another network.
If and when, I think it would be expected of them, although I think the controls put in place will be greater - they wouldn't want a 'whatever in love is' moment! The BBC might not get the exclusive this time.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
The BBC might not get the exclusive this time.
uuuhhh what szenario are you thinking of skydragon

If the Beeb doesn't get it who should? For those who can't afford pay TV there is Channel 4, maybe a go-live during Big Brother? All others can choose between E! Entertainment or The History Channel, with a highlight summary on Sky News.

Oh my gosh please let's have those oldfashioned royal correspondents from the BBC and let them ask some modern society questions like have you done internet chatting when you were dating or did William propose in person or via email?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
uuuhhh what szenario are you thinking of skydragon

If the Beeb doesn't get it who should? For those who can't afford pay TV there is Channel 4, maybe a go-live during Big Brother? All others can choose between E! Entertainment or The History Channel, with a highlight summary on Sky News.

Oh my gosh please let's have those oldfashioned royal correspondents from the BBC and let them ask some modern society questions like have you done internet chatting when you were dating or did William propose in person or via email?
With Freeview, the choice is there for them to make. Sky news (a free channel) got Harry's 21st interview, ITV, STV, Channel 4 & 5, Grampian, the list is endless.

I understand Tom Bradbury at the BBC knows William personally. I think a couple we can be sure won't get an exclusive - Richard Kay & Katie Nicholl(s).

Perhaps we should have a thread with suggested questions such as - 'Do you love one another', 'are you happy together'!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd be surprised if anybody other than the BBC were given the exclusive. After all, as inconceiveable as it seems these days not everyone has Sky, cable or a Freeview box.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I'd be surprised if anybody other than the BBC were given the exclusive. After all, as inconceiveable as it seems these days not everyone has Sky, cable or a Freeview box.
If you have digital TV, then you can get SKY news, you do not need a freeview box. As Analog has already been switched off in many places, by the time of an engagement interview (if there is one), digital will rule and Sky will be in the running. After all, I don't think the beeb has been fully forgiven for the secret interview it did air!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

See here's my thing too the whole why doesn't he show more affection, while I would perfer to see them being more touchy I know alot of people who just aren't very touchy with each other doesn't mean they don't love each other, or maybe William is just the type of guy that doesn't like showing his feelings to the whole world again doesn't mean they aren't in love, but I do get why people don't like the fact they're very reserved. Again we barely really know the couple apart from what we see in pictures.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Majesty

Thank-you so much for this link, Ella Kay! I'd never seen the entire interview and so was very pleased to look at it. It's bitter-sweet, of course, because both Charles and Diana were young and appeared to be sincere--Charles looking forward to having Diana's company during his appearances, and Diana wanting to be a "good wife."
Quote:
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Edward and Sophie also gave an interview. It's included on the wedding DVD.
And also Andrew and Sarah. The one from Edward and Sophie was even broadcasted on german TV in 1999.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little star View Post
I found this section on the switch over.

What is digital switchover? : Directgov - Home and community
Old 09-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Commoner

honestly when i look at miss kate and prince william, i don't see a couple in love...i mean i know prince william has requirements like getting married and his wife producing an heir but still...can't we have a royal couple who looks in love?
Old 09-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I guess I'm just not sure what you think a couple needs to do to "look in love," MissSimone. The two of them appear together at public events, go on holidays together, have been seen with each other's families, and have been photographed kissing and touching. What must they do to really seem like they're in love?

HM The Queen
Old 09-13-2008, 11:47 PM
Serene Highness

I think looking "in love" is very subjective...
Old 09-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I suppose it is subjective but when you see a couple in love you usually notice, they haven´t eyes for anyone else and have a certain look about them. Prince William and Kate do not have the body language either. No one could doubt that the Queen was head over heels in love with Prince Philip, even now so many years later looking just at photographs you can see it. Remember the look on Alexandra Manly´s face at her wedding, the marriage didn´t last but that look was one of unmistakeable love.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I suppose it is subjective but when you see a couple in love you usually notice, they haven´t eyes for anyone else and have a certain look about them.
Oh dear, most of the couples I know are in trouble then!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh dear, most of the couples I know are in trouble then!
Sky I am talking about when they are dating or just married, even just on their wedding day.
NOT just before they marry or even the day after.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

william comes across as very reserved and not given to public displays of affection...he seems to take after his father this way, and completely unlike his mother who was very tactile but who knows what he's like in private.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well, my mom always said that you expect couples in love to at least look at each other once in awhile even if they're both shy.

Mom was struck at the engagement interviews of Charles and Diana by how little Diana actually looked at Charles whereas he was looking at her a lot. During the wedding she didn't seem to look at him a lot either and one of her biggest most radiant smiles came when she was halfway down the aisle and Mom said, she's still not looking at him, she's looking at the congregation.

I don't know how much William and Kate look at each other in public but if they can't do that, I'd be worried about them. It's natural for couples to steal little looks at each other even when they are in public.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press