The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

She is hardly a professional girlfriend, nor does she appear to go for photo op's, in fact she went to the complaints committee to stop the intrusion. Diana on the other hand, apparently posed extensively for her father and the press, even before the marriage. Catherine won't pose, won't tell all to the press and that is why some take the opportunity to 'run her down'. The other girl seems too much of a hoyden to settle into royal life and William, simple or not seems to prefer Catherine!

If Catherine already knows she and William are to marry, she will probably have been advised to stay out of the headlines, study all the material given to her regarding her future role as wife to a prince, whilst helping her parents with their business. If she has decided not to marry William, she could in fact be learning the ropes at the family company.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Nobility

In a nutshell that is exactly what is going on.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post

If Catherine already knows she and William are to marry, she will probably have been advised to stay out of the headlines, study all the material given to her regarding her future role as wife to a prince, whilst helping her parents with their business. If she has decided not to marry William, she could in fact be learning the ropes at the family company.
I agree completely with Skydragon. I think when the engagement is announced and the details are revealed (ie friends, family will be given the all clear to talk) we will find that they have been engaged for at least a year or more and she has been in "training" for her role during this limbo time.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Majesty

This scenario has been reported in Australian women's magazines regularly over the last year or more and seeing as the New Idea, which is one of these magazines, did publish the story about Harry in Afghanistan back in January, months before the rest of the world broke the story, I am inclined to not always dismiss these stories.

I do hope that they get married or what little respect for William I have now will drop to none as he has strung her along for all these years.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps it is because this romance has been playing out on a center stage infront of everyone. In the real world however a young man of 26 who dates someone since he was 20 would not be expected to marry his sweetheart because they have been together all these years. I truly hope he gives himself some time since he needs to be sure this is for a lifetime. I do not believe the BRF needs more divorces.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
She is hardly a professional girlfriend, nor does she appear to go for photo op's, in fact she went to the complaints committee to stop the intrusion. Diana on the other hand, apparently posed extensively for her father and the press, even before the marriage. Catherine won't pose, won't tell all to the press and that is why some take the opportunity to 'run her down'. The other girl seems too much of a hoyden to settle into royal life and William, simple or not seems to prefer Catherine!

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think she does 'pose' in Hello and other publications. And coming out of clubs drinking is not staying out of the headlines. I know princess is a big job but would a college educated woman have to stop all work and meaningful function for one year before her wedding in order to 'prepare' for princess work?
Old 08-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

Royal protocol is not a simple matter to be mastered in a few weeks. Any gaffe that she would make is instant media fodder. Quite frankly it would be refreshing to find out that BP is taking the time to teach her the ropes prior to full exposure instead of throwing her to the wolves once the engagement is announced.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Nobility

But an entire year??? Most of us-even with complex jobs work during our engagement year.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Serene Highness

It would necessitate quite a bit of studying of diplomacy, procedure and history, not unlike university study. I would imagine that she is not at it 8 hours a day either.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreats View Post
But an entire year??? Most of us-even with complex jobs work during our engagement year.
But, to be fair, most of us never have been/never will be engaged to the second-in-line to the British throne.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

If we judge from the recent articles close to any outing of Catherine is worth being reported. That means that if there are no reports, there was no outing. So for me Catherine stopped going out, she does it occasionally with William, but most of the time she sits at home, doing whatever she does there.

Windsor Castle, Bagshot Park or Highgrove eg are just a short drive down/up the M4 from Bucklebury and I think we all read in the endless Diana-bographies how young Lady Diana would drive away in her own car, got rid of the journalists following her and would meet up with a car send by Charles which took her to one of the Royal residences without the media realising what was happening. So Catherine could well be attending the "princess school" at the moment, being instructed like Diana was by one of the queen's or Camilla's ladies-in-witing.

IMHO they will announce the engagement, if there is any, at the last possible moment, let's say: on they day they have to inform the police that they need extra policeman to guard the road from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreats View Post
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think she does 'pose' in Hello and other publications. And coming out of clubs drinking is not staying out of the headlines. I know princess is a big job but would a college educated woman have to stop all work and meaningful function for one year before her wedding in order to 'prepare' for princess work?
Perhaps notice has been taken of all the criticism on here and elsewhere, that neither Diana or Sarah were properly prepared for their future roles and it is for this reason that Catherine might be receiving in depth instruction. It could also be that because of the hounding and criticism the girl is receiving, (unjustly IMO), she has made the decision to live and work with her parents, in order not to fuel the fire.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that Catherine is being very discreet about everything and working with her parents is part of this discretion. If an engagement is in the offing, I agree as well that she might be receiving indepth training. With the internet, she could study at her own pace and in her own premises with no outsiders knowing about it.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that Catherine is being very discreet about everything and working with her parents is part of this discretion. If an engagement is in the offing, I agree as well that she might be receiving indepth training. With the internet, she could study at her own pace and in her own premises with no outsiders knowing about it.
I doubt that somewhere on the net the kind of insider information is to be found that a Royal bride needs. But seriously: we know that she is working for her parents at the moment. So she probably enters their business premises. Her parents have a mail-order business. Thus I guess a lot of vans are leaving the premises daily carrying parcels. Who knows if Miss Middleton is not leaving hidden within such a van in order to drive somewhere unknown to do whatever she wants to do or needs to do. I mean: look beyond the surface and beyond that stupid cliché of a gril sitting on a sofa all day doing nothing while waiting for her prince to propose. Come on! She is not a Big Brother contestant and not living on the dole, she has an univeristy degree and probably a future in the limelight. So the probability is very high that she does something for her future. I have no idea what she does exactly but all kinds of ideas and none of them has anything to do with a lazy freebee collector. And I doubt William would have taken her if she was such a person as I'Ve read reports that he has inherited from his father the love of thinking about deep, thoughful ideas. So I guess he likes to discuss them as well. Surely Catherine must for that reason alone be someone who is rather quick witted nad neither intellectually stupid nor lazy.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

That's not what I had in mind, believe me. I was envisioning a system where she could download reading and archival material sent to her from Buckingham Palace. For that matter, they could be sending her material via courier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I doubt that somewhere on the net the kind of insider information is to be found that a Royal bride needs.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Gentry

I can't really see her logging on at home to a website like this:
www.princessintraining.com

I would not be surprised they are taking something to her or someone could be coming her parents disguised as a saleperson or maid or such and they are both being secretly taken somewhere for her to learn the ropes or done right at her parents home.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Nobility

Kate pictured with the Queen

I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question?

I am reading a book on the royal family after Diana and there is a photo in it of Kate with Queen Elizabeth at one of their meetings they have been having.

Does anyone know anything of this?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Are you sure it hasn't been photoshopped?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
I am reading a book on the royal family after Diana and there is a photo in it of Kate with Queen Elizabeth at one of their meetings they have been having.

Does anyone know anything of this?
I think I know which picture you're talking about. Alas, that picture was photoshopped. I remember a forum discussing that picture some time back, and someone actually discovered that it was the body of Melinda Gates (Bill Gates' wife) with Kate's head pasted on it. Apparently, the press did the photoshopping and a naive book publisher picked it up.

Is this the picture you're talking about? This should be the original one.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page1795.asp

As far as I know, despite media reports that they have met, no picture has been snapped of Kate and HM so far.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by putski View Post
Apparently, the press did the photoshopping and a naive book publisher picked it up.
I don't know about the book publisher being "naive". To get the photo in the book they would have needed to get a copyright clearance and pay the photo agency fee. In other words, it's more likely than not that the publisher knew all along it was a photoshop.

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press