The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Nobility

I think Clarence House and the BP are well aware of the rumors, and use press and public reaction to plan or set a schedule. Is the public ready now? I think Wills and Kate have been ready for some time.

Maybe I'm wrong, but all "establishments" have their own methods of dealing with the press, the public, and "big announcements". Has anyone ever seen the television show The West Wing (the White House "establishment"); if you have, keep in mind that that's just a TV producer's and screenwriter's version of what they think happens behind the scenes. In reality, I bet it's even more calculated.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

^I never thought about it like that but I think that you're absolutely correct.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Me Too I Think in an odd by CH Saying its not true That it actually is. just my two cents.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Oh he's proposing again is he? This is turning into a regular event.

They should put that in the TV Guides.

"BBC 1 -- 8:30pm; Prince William proposes again"
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Has anyone ever seen the television show The West Wing (the White House "establishment"); if you have, keep in mind that that's just a TV producer's and screenwriter's version of what they think happens behind the scenes.
But if it was West Wing then the conversations would be more around the lines of

(Setting walking around the halls of Buckingham Palce)
W: Granny I have to talk to you about a thing
Q : Did you know that corgis decended from Swedish Vallhund
W: Well no,
Q : We should start a project, tracing the orgins of corgis it would be fun, we could translate it into Latin !
W: Actually I came to talk to you about the thing
Q: The engagment thing ?
W: No not the engagment thing
Q: William, your on the side of the better angeles (then says something in Latin)
W: Yeah it's about the engament thing

(all you need is few few baseball metaphors and a reference to Judaism and you get a scence from the West Wing)

Speaking of West Wing (although somewhat off topic) there was an episode where the Queen was coming and she couldn't be seated with the Swedish ambassador because they had "a thing", almost fell off my chair laughing at that. Oh and the British ambassador was going to set up Donna with the Earl of Ulster, except on the show he was three.

Map for the British Royals
Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM

Just watched a programme on BBCFour about the abdication. It showed front pages from 1936 saying, "WEDDING NEXT YEAR" and "KING TO MARRY WALLY" and "WALLY TO BE DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH". Oh how we laughed.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Courtier

I think I might have mentioned this before, but someone on this board has a key chain of Willem Alexander and one of his past girlfriends.

Map for the British Royals
Old 12-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Just watched a programme on BBCFour about the abdication. It showed front pages from 1936 saying, "WEDDING NEXT YEAR" and "KING TO MARRY WALLY" and "WALLY TO BE DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH". Oh how we laughed.
Well, at least 2 of those front pages turned out to be true prophecies, eh?

Old 12-14-2006, 01:03 PM

Well yes but the stories suggested that he'd be King when they married next year so not quite the true prophecies they might have been.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well after Kate's red coat at William's passing out, my opinion is changing. I think its possible they are setting her up for an engagement announcement.

The reason is that Kate is really smart about keeping a low profile; even when she's out in public with William, she takes care to give off the impression of an ordinary girl who one may not recognize without being told who she is.

But the red coat among a sea of dark colors was bound to give photographers a really compelling and attractive photo op to splash the front pages with.

If Wills and Kate wanted to keep their relationship private much longer, this was the last thing I expected them to do. And while the Royal Family may not be a public relations saavy as the former Princess of Wales, they do know the effects of wardrobe colors on the press photographs. They plan their wardrobe color coordination for public events very meticulously to show attention to whatever they want to get attention.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

i really think the fact of kate attending the sandhurst graduation and of her being invited to sadringham says a lot. i'm convinced they are going to announce their engagement soon. the only reason i think they might not is because they are still too young and william mentioned repeatedly that he wanted to marry after a while (but... didn't diana also marry at a young age?)

i'm going to think wishfully and i'm convinced they will announce their engagement soon. it will definitely be the event of the year for the whole world, for royal watchers and for non-royal watchers considering the royal family of britain is known all over and is by far the most known of them all...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

http://www.cnn.com/
has a video and called kate his "lady in waiting"
don't watch it beatrixfan, i worry about your blood pressure :)
its all sugar and fairytale (with a shot of the fur hat i might add)
Old 12-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Yes, I saw that video and quite frankly I was disappointed.

Already CNN is playing up the 'fairytale' princess aspect and comparing her to Diana. They're also predicting a media frenzy as big as Diana.

Plus a reporter responded quite arrogantly when he was asked whether they were harassing her too much. He didn't deny it but he said it was their right because she could be their future Queen.

Given the timing of Diana's inquest report, I find the suggestion to be absolutely heartless and tasteless.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Already CNN is playing up the 'fairytale' princess aspect and comparing her to Diana. They're also predicting a media frenzy as big as Diana.
Plus a reporter responded quite arrogantly when he was asked whether they were harassing her too much. He didn't deny it but he said it was their right because she could be their future Queen.

Given the timing of Diana's inquest report, I find the suggestion to be absolutely heartless and tasteless.
Sadly nobody has learned from the tragic marriage, life and death of Diana. They will all go out and buy the magazines and papers that contain the 'latest' picture or news story, (some true, most not).

The media will see that as the approval of the masses and hound this young woman, lets hope this time it is not to her death!
Old 12-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Majesty

Well said Skydragon.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

the comparation cannot be avoided, diana was a priness of a fairytale, have a hard life, and a tragic death when she was young, the comparation is just part of a process.
diana was comparate with the queen elexandra the last princess of wales before to her, is all part of the media.
william is a prince very very popular and if he will marry the comparation with the wedding of his parents is obvious.
don't forget than charles and diana's wedding was 'the wedding of the century' many people wait the same for the william's wedding for all the thing than happend in william's life since he born
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Courtier

The royals themselves have learnt a lesson from the disasters with Sarah and Diana. Royal partners are included in events it doesn't necessarily mean an engagement is about to be announced. Sophie Rhys Jones was included in royals event and publically photographed with the royals, including their Britannia holidays from 1994 ( She and Edward got engaged and married in 1999). Just because Kate was at the passing out ceremony doesn't mean that there is to be an engagement within weeks. If they stay together expect it within years.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Courtier

Interesting how one person in the CNN video predicts Kate will be as big a star as Diana just by marrying William (if she does). It's as if the media thinks it can manufacture that kind of international superstardom if the public doesn't feel it for that person. I think the media will be disappointed and this reminds me of the marketing of Jude Law as the next big star in the U.S. -- sexiest man alive and all that or like every British actress being the next Kate Winslet yet she remains the standard bearer. The way the mass public takes to a public person can't be manufactured. It has to come from the heart.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was press manufactured with Diana, so what has changed and if you look here, some are already saying she has captured the heart of the British.
Princess Catherine certainly has a nice ring to it!
Old 12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Courtier

We are not in disagreement. It has to come from the heart of the people as I've said. However, I think Diana was unique and someone like her only comes along once in a generation i.e. JFK, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, Jackie O. It doesn't mean Kate won't be adored by her countrymen.

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press