William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that they will marry nexy year or the year after and start their married life in the relative quiet of RAF life away from all the camaras. They may even start their family and have a few precious years as a normal family (like The Queen).

:flowers:
Yes, I think you are right, William avoided these clubs but she was there often...and she knew that his friends would tell him all about it.
Those short shorts were definitely too short for a girl hoping to be a Queen, she didn´t know she was going to photographed sprawled out like that but it wasn´t a very wise choice, but if I remember rightly she first attracted William´s attention when she modeled underwear at the University!
Well to be fair it was a 80s disco so she was appropriately dressed as always. And as to her on the floor say a special prayer of thanks it was not me you were seeing from that angle:ROFLMAO: She got up laughing and personally I dont judge people for falling, its what you do when you get up that counts:flowers:

:flowers:
Well to be fair it was a 80s disco so she was appropriately dressed as always. And as to her on the floor say a special prayer of thanks it was not me you were seeing from that angle:ROFLMAO: She got up laughing and personally I dont judge people for falling, its what you do when you get up that counts:flowers:

I agree it would have been the wrong thing to get up and cry and she did the right thing getting up and laughing it off ....... I hope she didn´t send a solicitor´s letter to the newspapers though, they seem not to like that kind of thing.:ermm:
I too, would rather not be seen from that angle, I agree for an 80´s disco it was appropriate but for a "wannabe" princess it wasn´t that appropriate but she wasn´t counting on falling. I wonder what Prince William would have done, I remember when a heavily pregnant Sarah Ferguson fell when she was with her husband he just gaped and someone else helped her up, I think it just took him so much by surprise he became petrified. Which I think only shows that except from horses no one expects royalty to fall. :whistling:

I remember reading at the time, perhaps in MAJESTY MAGAZINE, that the Royal is supposed to keep heading towards where he's going no matter what happens, and the security people take care of what's going on in the meantime. So even that he stopped and looked was unusual considering his training.

I remember when a heavily pregnant Sarah Ferguson fell when she was with her husband he just gaped and someone else helped her up, I think it just took him so much by surprise he became petrified. :whistling:

I remember reading at the time, perhaps in MAJESTY MAGAZINE, that the Royal is supposed to keep heading towards where he's going no matter what happens, and the security people take care of what's going on in the meantime. So even that he stopped and looked was unusual considering his training.

I believe, it may have been another incident, when Sarah came out of the hospital after the birth of one of the girls, someone called her over, she went and tripped.
I do not care how much training they get. If one's loved one is flat in the middle of the street, the least one can do is give them a hand......:bang:

The incident that I remember is the one when they were coming out of a nightclub, Annabelle's, I think.

I think that anyone who has protection officers or other security should obey the advice or orders of their security personnel. :flowers:

I believe, it may have been another incident, when Sarah came out of the hospital after the birth of one of the girls, someone called her over, she went and tripped.
I do not care how much training they get. If one's loved one is flat in the middle of the street, the least one can do is give them a hand......:bang:

Right and if she doesn't get pregnant within the first year speculation about her health and her ability to conceive will start. Certainly not a nice situation to be in either.

This is so true...:rolleyes:

The incident that I remember is the one when they were coming out of a nightclub, Annabelle's, I think.

I think that anyone who has protection officers or other security should obey the advice or orders of their security personnel. :flowers:

I agree. However I do not think anyone has more protection that the Queen herself. Still, I remember her chasing after William at Sarah & Andrew's wedding. When their carriage was pulling away after the reception at Buckingham Palace. P William started to run after them and Queen in a hat and carrying her handbag ran after him like a mad woman. Her insticts told her to protect that little boy from harm. She did not stand still waiting for the body guards to do their job.
There is a fine line those who love will never go over for anyone's sake, much less their security detail.:flowers:

Very grand having your private protection officer. Just as well Prince William and Prince Charles are paying as this does not come cheap. If she is busy with Party Pieces will the guard stand out side the Middleton house?

I didn't think she could get one unless they were engaged. I mean I barely even see any pap pics of her unless she is outside a club, she doesn't seem to be pursued as much anymore. Unless she gets threatening letters or people stalking her outside her parent's house.

She can't have one funded by the public unless they're engaged. But Prince Charles and Prince William can hire one for her on their own, as long as they're paying for it.

I never thought The Telegraph in the same light as Daily Mail. That's why I was surprise to find this item there instead of Sunday Mail or others. Still, it seems the idea of a protection officer for Kate has been floating around for awhile. Probably because of the source, I don't know whether to take it seriously or not.

I don´t either. It will be a huge expense and so far I can see no need for protection for the girlfriend of a Prince. It would be unprecedented I think (?) unless you want to count Mrs Simpson as she was at the time, but she had had death threats, serious ones or not, and she and Edward VIII got into a panic.
I think in this case if she doesn´t want to be hassled it should be her rich parents´ who pay the bill. Unless she has some threats to her life and not just that she doesn´t like to be photographed lying spreadeagle on a skating rink.

The media wrote enough embarrassing and negative things about her that a mentally ill person might start to stalk her at any given moment or do even worse. Plus she might be appearing to be a much easier target for terrorists than any of the Royals. "Mandrake" seems to be very well connected indeed and if he writes this, I think there is some truth in it. Plus I don't think he would write this if Clarence House did not want him to write about security arrangements. If Charles was opposed to the publishing of this information, the Telegraph wouldn't be printing it.

As I have said before, I am convinced we'll see them officially engaged as soon as Charles has celebrated his birthday. IMHO William officially asked her in Mustique after asking her father first. I recall having seen pics of them wearing some sort of fashion bracelets which were said to be symbols of an engagement by the paper. Maybe they really were.

I agree that it sounds as though they are going to get engaged, but any person in the world can be stalked by anyone mentally unstable or not. If they are going to pay out serious cash to stop anyone, real or imagined from getting near her - it is up to the RF. But at the moment they are talking about cutting down on expenses.... Right it is his own money, probably the money left to Prince William by his mother and perhaps his grandmother.
At a time when it is being said that the Queen is living in more than one palace and that it is time for her to start paying out of her own fortune, it is not a very good time for Miss Middleton to do a Princess Diana and want to be guarded from photographers or whatever, even if it is from the RF private fortune.
I really can´t agree that a few newspapers saying Waity Katie and showing her sprawled and saying she needs to get a proper job is putting her in danger from lunatics though.

No one will ever know if Kate has done a Diana, as you call it (though I thought Diana actually gave up police protection!) or whether it is more a case of CH having taken a view that she needs to have some protection becuase of her relationship with a senior member of the royal family. Similarly, we will never know what caused CH to change their view of the potential risks of Kate notbeing protected - they may be acting on good advice. If Kate is actually going to get some protection (and we have all read about htis in the past!) and that is paid for by the private funds of the royal family, thats great - and more importantly, in my view, thats not really any of our business! What they do with their money is really of no concern to any of us. As taxpayers, if the royal family are spending vast sums of public money injudiciously, then we can quite justifiably have a moan. I don't think we are in a situation like that at the moment.

Diana called off(or it was removed from her) her protection when she stopped being a member of the royal family and so far Kate is not a member of the royal family. It was said that Prince Charles went ahead sooner with his wedding plans when he did because there were some complaints about protection costs for Camilla. It seems they are not going to repeat that mistake and they are going to pay for protection for Kate Middleton themselves - if the stories are true and they may well not be.
Perhaps what is being discussed is future plans for her protection when or if she does become a member of the family or the fiancée of Prince William.

It would be highly unlikely that Charles would have hastened up plans to marry Camilla because of concerns about the cost of Camilla's security. If there were criticisms about Charles and Camilla, they hardly centred around his paying for her security from his private funds! Charles leads an expensive lifestyle, and I am sure his having 4 homes for his own use, a harpist, ...... would attract more criticism than his paying for security from his personal funds for his companion.

In my opinion, C&C married as soon as it was felt the public, the Queen and the Archbishop of Canterbury were ready to accept it. It has often been reported that the immediate impetus for Charles to marry Camilla was provided by the snub by the Duke & Duchess of Westminister (I think!) in relation to where C & C might be seated at the wedding of their son. anyways, we are unlikely to get to know the exact reason.

Well it was just coincidence that when the subject of Prince Charles paying Camilla´s expenses was due to come up the wedding plans were made public straight after. OK I believe in coincidences.
I think he did exactly what he wanted to do and I think he did the right thing. Camilla definitely is the right person for him. Who said, by the way, he was paying for Camilla´s security from his private funds? What is being said now is that Prince William and Prince Charles will be paying for Kate Middleton´s security from private funds..... I thought that Camilla´s security was the same as Prince Charles´s I won´t argue about it as I am not sure, but that is what was said at the time.

People thought that the Royal Family pushed ahead the wedding of Charles and Diana because the press was hounding her so badly. She did have to quit her job at the kindergarten although it was only 2 or 3 days a week.

I think in this case, they would not rush to get William married to Kate just because of the press.

But it will be interesting to see what if anything they will do regarding her press attention.

At some point, you have to wonder whether any woman would be willing to put up with the press scrutiny and intrusions that a girlfriend of William gets and so if he breaks up with Kate, its hard to imagine someone else being willing to take a chance on him, crown or no crown.

Agreed. There seem to be enough people out there who "hate" her without even really knowing her that it seems possible that she might have received threats already from the lunatic fringe, let alone threats from domestic and foreign terrorists that police would be in a position to know about.:ermm:

The media wrote enough embarrassing and negative things about her that a mentally ill person might start to stalk her at any given moment or do even worse. Plus she might be appearing to be a much easier target for terrorists than any of the Royals.

Agreed. There seem to be enough people out there who "hate" her without even really knowing her that it seems possible that she might have received threats already from the lunatic fringe, let alone threats from domestic and foreign terrorists that police would be in a position to know about.:ermm:

What on earth would be gained by threatening the girl friend of a member of the royal family? I do think this is an exaggeration. Also this "hate" business is an exaggeration, people who don´t know her from Adam or Eve can´t hate her. There are lots of people who don´t think she is a suitable candidate for Queen of England but that is a hugely different story that doesn´t mean they hate her it just means that they would like to continue to think of the royal family as being just that, royal, and although these days many royal families have members marrying commoners the British royal family has always seemed a little different. As Bagehot said "a family on the throne...brings down the pride of sovereignty to the level of petty life".

I don't know, Menarue ... there are some places on the 'net where some posters' hatred of Kate is pretty fervent. They really do discuss her and the Middleton family as if they knew them personally. I'd be unnerved if I were Kate.

i don't think the ppo's are used to deter the photographers. they are there to protect the life of the principal and since having your picture taken is part and parcel of catherine's life at the moment, my guess would be that(if the story is true) there must have been some kind of threat.

I agree. However I do not think anyone has more protection that the Queen herself. Still, I remember her chasing after William at Sarah & Andrew's wedding. When their carriage was pulling away after the reception at Buckingham Palace. P William started to run after them and Queen in a hat and carrying her handbag ran after him like a mad woman. Her insticts told her to protect that little boy from harm. She did not stand still waiting for the body guards to do their job.
There is a fine line those who love will never go over for anyone's sake, much less their security detail.:flowers:

Yeah, it was Sarah & Andrew's wedding but I don't think it was William, it was a pageboy.

But you're right, the Queen sure ran fast! :D

I believe William should marry Kate Middleton at his earliest convenience and that they should live at Buckingham Palace to continue the work of the Queen.

Perhpas Charles will not be King but you may hand it all over to William...............I hope I have not offended anyone but these are my current thoughts.

Yeah, it was Sarah & Andrew's wedding but I don't think it was William, it was a pageboy.

But you're right, the Queen sure ran fast! :D

Wasn't William a pageboy in that wedding? Or was it a different one who made a break for it?

At first I thought it was a prince but later I read it was another pageboy. Pity I can't find the video on Youtube. Its quite cute.

If you do find the video, ysbel, let us know -- it sounds adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom