The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Nothing new. Still rumours.

It doesn't look that Camilla hate Kate or Kate hate Camilla. For her as for the mother (not wife) the most important are her own children. She could give advise to her step-sons if she have it and if she want do that.
Give me one realy good reason why the boys should look for that if their step-mother like or not their girl-friends or future wives?

Old 08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hopefully they respect their father enough to expect him to approve of their future wives. As an extension, his wife, their step mother is entitled to her opinions and could influence his opinions one way or the other.

Hopefully they will find whatever girls William and Harry choose acceptable to be so close to the throne.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
She probably didn´t (that is if she really did say that) know it would be public as she was supposed to have said it to a friend... I think if she did say it she was probably just echoing what most people in the royal circle think.
You hit the nail on the head. I do not believe she has the sort of friends who give interviews to the tabloids.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Richard Kay's at it again over at the Mail, with a pretty intrusive (IMO) profile of the Middleton siblings. But even more strange is his claim at the end of the article that the Queen and Carole Middleton did have tea during Royal Ascot. I thought it was a pretty general agreement that none of the Middletons went to the races? He and his co-writer are offering this "meeting" as further proof that an engagement is on the way.

Wild side of Kate's family: Meet the Middletons who'll give the Queen vapours | Mail Online

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-09-2008, 03:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Richard Kay's at it again over at the Mail, with a pretty intrusive (IMO) profile of the Middleton siblings. But even more strange is his claim at the end of the article that the Queen and Carole Middleton did have tea during Royal Ascot. I thought it was a pretty general agreement that none of the Middletons went to the races? He and his co-writer are offering this "meeting" as further proof that an engagement is on the way.

Wild side of Kate's family: Meet the Middletons who'll give the Queen vapours | Mail Online
I have just read this. Strong stuff. Durham coal miner descended. Also her wanting to be a photographer but wanted impossible conditions when she wanted a job. She now takes photographs of cakes that her brother has iced.... interesting.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I have just read this. Strong stuff. Durham coal miner descended. Also her wanting to be a photographer but wanted impossible conditions when she wanted a job. She now takes photographs of cakes that her brother has iced.... interesting.
Yes, but anyone here at the forums could have written that article as there was nothing new in it, absolutely nothing. Just a boring repetition of "facts" that were in all probability made up by the same people who "researched" this text.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Yes, but anyone here at the forums could have written that article as there was nothing new in it, absolutely nothing. Just a boring repetition of "facts" that were in all probability made up by the same people who "researched" this text.
I had no idea about the cake icing.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post

it seems like the article is desperate to find anything negative about the family, they bring up the gum chewing, the partying, the drinking, the fact that james dropped out of university. it reads like a sad attempt at trying to create scandals and trying to put them all in a bad light. they seem like a perfectly nice, normal family with nothing to hide and THAT'S refreshing.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Nobility

The day anyone takes this kind of an article serious is the day that pigs fly. Just another hatchet job from some professional royal gossip whose nose is out of joint because he can't get anything out of anyone who is in a position to know anything about Kate and William's plans. And he also doesn't seem to be able to get his facts straight. Was she or was Mrs. Middleton not in attendance at Royal Ascot? LOL
Old 08-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps the interesting part is not what is written it is the message that not everyone is enchanted by the fair Kate..... Until recently she seemd to be the darling of the tabloids.....
Old 08-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
I believe the last time summer vacation photographs of them were seen was some time during the summer of 2006.
It's a good thing the paper may have actually bothered to check some dates. Oh Dear, it's been two years? This can't be after all the claims of Kate always being on holidays.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Commoner

For information: The magna carta law

In reply to verdana's message,the magna carta law is entitled to prevent all royal families to marry a non anglican. As for the information regarding the opposition of Camilla in respect to the choice of william, everything has been clearly explained on papers, let it be local and international press.

Nazma FOURRE
Old 08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Magna Carta?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Courtier

There's plenty of trashy and/or bad seeds in the Queen's family as well so I don't see why these tabs forget that. Only when they want to act snobby and put Kate in her "middle-class" place...so ridiculous.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazma FOURRE View Post
In reply to verdana's message,the magna carta law is entitled to prevent all royal families to marry a non anglican. As for the information regarding the opposition of Camilla in respect to the choice of william, everything has been clearly explained on papers, let it be local and international press.

Nazma FOURRE
actually it wasn't the magna carta but the act of settlement and technically they're not prevented from marrying roman catholics - they can still marry them but they must relinquish they're place in line to the throne if they choose to marry an RC.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Courtier

I have to say I think James sounds interesting, there were some people over at TFS who wrote stories about him that defintiely go hand and hand with this article. It'll be interesting to see how public he becomes...
Old 08-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Perhaps the interesting part is not what is written it is the message that not everyone is enchanted by the fair Kate..... Until recently she seemd to be the darling of the tabloids.....
And she will be once again upon announcement of her engagement. She conducts herself brilliantly and will make a lovely addition as a banner member of the royal family. They all are indeed lucky to have her. I'm confident this will be proven to be true in years to come, long after those who constantly wail about her lack of employment have grown up, married, raised their own children, and understood that real life for royals is very much different from what the tabloids and pictures tell us.

TFS???? I'm rolling with laughter. LMAO
Old 08-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
it seems like the article is desperate to find anything negative about the family, they bring up the gum chewing, the partying, the drinking, the fact that james dropped out of university. it reads like a sad attempt at trying to create scandals and trying to put them all in a bad light. they seem like a perfectly nice, normal family with nothing to hide and THAT'S refreshing.
Which is interesting since before the breakup, the Daily Mail was mostly positive about Kate.

It makes you wonder about the paper. Did they try to get in her confidences and steer her public career and did she refuse? And so are they having their revenge? Asserting their power as the one and only who can make or break a royal?

I don't know; I'm only guessing but its been awhile since the Daily Mail had an inside connection with a senior royal. They must be missing it.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Nobility

That sounds about right ysbel. It's childish.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I just finished reading the Bradford biography of Diana, and I can't help but think of that every time I read a Richard Kay article. It was shocking to me how involved the press and the family were in the '90s, and it seems like maybe some of the petty jockeying for stories is still going on. The Sun managed to scoop them on the holiday pictures, and now we've got this kind of press coming from the Mail.

I agree with Luv2Cruise. It's childish. I'd guess that the papers are trying to get an inside line with Kate, and she's not biting.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press