William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we judge from the recent articles close to any outing of Catherine is worth being reported. That means that if there are no reports, there was no outing. So for me Catherine stopped going out, she does it occasionally with William, but most of the time she sits at home, doing whatever she does there.

Windsor Castle, Bagshot Park or Highgrove eg are just a short drive down/up the M4 from Bucklebury and I think we all read in the endless Diana-bographies how young Lady Diana would drive away in her own car, got rid of the journalists following her and would meet up with a car send by Charles which took her to one of the Royal residences without the media realising what was happening. So Catherine could well be attending the "princess school" at the moment, being instructed like Diana was by one of the queen's or Camilla's ladies-in-witing.

IMHO they will announce the engagement, if there is any, at the last possible moment, let's say: on they day they have to inform the police that they need extra policeman to guard the road from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey. :whistling:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.:) I think she does 'pose' in Hello and other publications. And coming out of clubs drinking is not staying out of the headlines. I know princess is a big job but would a college educated woman have to stop all work and meaningful function for one year before her wedding in order to 'prepare' for princess work?
:flowers: Perhaps notice has been taken of all the criticism on here and elsewhere, that neither Diana or Sarah were properly prepared for their future roles and it is for this reason that Catherine might be receiving in depth instruction. It could also be that because of the hounding and criticism the girl is receiving, (unjustly IMO), she has made the decision to live and work with her parents, in order not to fuel the fire. :flowers:

I think that Catherine is being very discreet about everything and working with her parents is part of this discretion. If an engagement is in the offing, I agree as well that she might be receiving indepth training. With the internet, she could study at her own pace and in her own premises with no outsiders knowing about it.

I think that Catherine is being very discreet about everything and working with her parents is part of this discretion. If an engagement is in the offing, I agree as well that she might be receiving indepth training. With the internet, she could study at her own pace and in her own premises with no outsiders knowing about it.

I doubt that somewhere on the net the kind of insider information is to be found that a Royal bride needs. :whistling:But seriously: we know that she is working for her parents at the moment. So she probably enters their business premises. Her parents have a mail-order business. Thus I guess a lot of vans are leaving the premises daily carrying parcels. Who knows if Miss Middleton is not leaving hidden within such a van in order to drive somewhere unknown to do whatever she wants to do or needs to do. I mean: look beyond the surface and beyond that stupid cliché of a gril sitting on a sofa all day doing nothing while waiting for her prince to propose. Come on! She is not a Big Brother contestant and not living on the dole, she has an univeristy degree and probably a future in the limelight. So the probability is very high that she does something for her future. I have no idea what she does exactly but all kinds of ideas and none of them has anything to do with a lazy freebee collector. And I doubt William would have taken her if she was such a person as I'Ve read reports that he has inherited from his father the love of thinking about deep, thoughful ideas. So I guess he likes to discuss them as well. Surely Catherine must for that reason alone be someone who is rather quick witted nad neither intellectually stupid nor lazy.

That's not what I had in mind, believe me. I was envisioning a system where she could download reading and archival material sent to her from Buckingham Palace. For that matter, they could be sending her material via courier.:flowers:

I doubt that somewhere on the net the kind of insider information is to be found that a Royal bride needs. :whistling:

I can't really see her logging on at home to a website like this:
www.princessintraining.com

I would not be surprised they are taking something to her or someone could be coming her parents disguised as a saleperson or maid or such and they are both being secretly taken somewhere for her to learn the ropes or done right at her parents home.

Kate pictured with the Queen

I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question?

I am reading a book on the royal family after Diana and there is a photo in it of Kate with Queen Elizabeth at one of their meetings they have been having.

Does anyone know anything of this?

Are you sure it hasn't been photoshopped?

I am reading a book on the royal family after Diana and there is a photo in it of Kate with Queen Elizabeth at one of their meetings they have been having.

Does anyone know anything of this?

I think I know which picture you're talking about. Alas, that picture was photoshopped. I remember a forum discussing that picture some time back, and someone actually discovered that it was the body of Melinda Gates (Bill Gates' wife) with Kate's head pasted on it. Apparently, the press did the photoshopping and a naive book publisher picked it up.

Is this the picture you're talking about? This should be the original one.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page1795.asp

As far as I know, despite media reports that they have met, no picture has been snapped of Kate and HM so far.

Apparently, the press did the photoshopping and a naive book publisher picked it up.
I don't know about the book publisher being "naive". To get the photo in the book they would have needed to get a copyright clearance and pay the photo agency fee. In other words, it's more likely than not that the publisher knew all along it was a photoshop.

:previous: I'm with you on this one Warren. Naive is definitely not the word that springs to mind in this case. Unscrupulously calculated is more like it and yet another sterling example of the integrity of the press. The photographer that initially photoshopped it and the author who knowingly published it fully intending to deceive the public are both fully culpable. :censored:

The gullable glibly repeat things they have seen or read fully believing that it is the truth, and on they go innocently spreading these lies. Be they photo's or stories a lie is a lie is a lie! :bang:

Picture of Kate with the Queen

Is this the picture you're talking about? This should be the original one.
The Queen presents Bill Gates with an honorary knighthood
I thought there was something off in that photo. The Queen is wearing the same outift as in the photo of her with Melinda Gates.

So I quess that would bring into question everything in the book. (I suppose we will definitely not believe Prince Charles has a son in Canada, eh?!!!!!!!!!!)

Just watched a documentary on Will and Kate's relationship, I totally loved it except the end ruined it all they go up to February 2008 and they end it by going "Chances are the couple are on the rocks yet again and there wil be no royal engagement in the future so who else is there for William?" Pissed me off so much that I just really wanted to come on here and see that they're engaged, obviously that's unrealistic but I can dream can't I? Btw in the documentary they showed a picture of Kate sitting on William's leg/lap (couldn't see it very well) back in 2005 at Kloster, I had never seen that picture before anyone have it?

I know what you mean Ghost night.
It's hardly dair for the couple when their realtionship is possibel going great, that they read articles or watch programs that say that they are on the rocks. Totally unfair.
I've seen parts of that documentary on some website I found, and I haven't seen that picture either. I'll try and remember the website usually theres a watermark on the pic to see what site it came from???

Also i've recently seen 2 article about William and Kate. One saying tha the queen has requested Kate get a charity job to make her more suitable. The other saying that William should get one to because after his stint in the army, navy and air force he will have nothing to do???

xxx

I don't know if it's been posted alread or not, but I don't see it:
Katie is just not waiting: Middleton works nine to five for parents in mundane office job | Mail Online

This seems like a good thing to be out there I think. It may give people a bit more respect for Kate. Or they may think it's all to cover up frivolity. I guess it depends on who's reading it. I liked that people finally saw taht she is working for her parents, because no one bothered to publish those photos of her cleaning out her family's business a few months ago.

I doubt Clarence House of Buckingham Palace have anything to do with Kate or her family, because they are not members of The Royal Family.

This seems like shonky PR and not very subtle either and judging by comments being left by some they are not buying it either. I think the timing of this makes it look bad, it looks like they are reacting far too late. If she is doing what her friends claim, why not get it out when Katie Nichols started it in early June this year. I also thought she was taking pics for her parents not making up catalogues.

Another thing is I wish people would stop making up excuses for her, it doesn't help her one bit. She is a 26 year old woman and not a 6 year old girl. I don't buy the excuse of the paps hounding her at Jigsaw, where are all the pics of her at Jigsaw? We got some of her leaving her flat, but none of her at work. I also don't buy the excuse of why start a career now when she will be marrying William soon. That has been the excuse for the last 4 years and guess what still no closer to engagement.

I think the problem lies with Kate herself, and Belle Robinson confirmed it in her interview. I think Kate wants to work but with her own conditions in place. That being as much time off as neccessary to be with William. The problem for her in wanting that is not many employers will hire her because she would cost them more money than her actually being there and working for them. I think as a last resort she works for her parents, because she gets to do what she wants. I don't think it's fulltime work though.

I just don't get her at all. Look at Chelsy she isn't having the same problem's as Kate, because she hasn't dug herself a hole, that is proving to be too big for her to get out of.

I'm sorry the damage has been done for Kate, once the press starts with the nasty stuff. They don't let go, just look at Fergie and Camilla and the treatment they got in the press.

As if you had believed this when the story had broken in June. :rolleyes: I remember the conspiracy theories about those pictures of Kate carrying boxes at Party Pieces in July only too well. Of course everything that contradicts your view of lazy "Waity Katie" is nothing but PR whereas everything else is of course the truth and nothing but the truth.
It's crazy really. First the Middletons are constantly attacked for supposedly talking to the press in the first place when they apparently aren't supposed to and now they didn't talk early enough? So what is it? And then of course first it's totally wrong for Kate not to work at all (supposedly) and now a parttime job isn't any better either - no now only full time employment outside of the family firm will do.
You should at least be honest enough and admit that the reports about her being totally lazy and doing nothing 24/7 but shop and party were wrong and unfounded. Yet you can't even admit that much which already shows the agenda really. What do you think gives you the right to try and dictate someone elses life like that? Even if she wants to work parttime (which none of us know for sure), so what? Many people do. Are they all lazy useless human beings waiting around for their partners to propose? :whistling:

I'm sorry the damage has been done for Kate, once the press starts with the nasty stuff. They don't let go, just look at Fergie and Camilla and the treatment they got in the press.

It's just that Fergie actually did things you better not do when a member of the RF and Camilla had Diana as her enemy, feeding her journalist friends with stories and emotions against her.

But who in his right mind wants to do anything against Catherine Middleton? What does she do to deserve this spite? What does she do to give people the right to intrude recklessly into her private sphere and to bash her merciless?

In the beginning I was quite neutral when it came to Catherine Middleton: she has been William's girlfriend, she has shown nice manners and a recommendable discretion, so she was okay but not really interesting to me. But since I realised how much dirt people throw at her, people who have no more knowledge of her than I have, I feel pity and sympathy for the girl. And realised that the same kind of people who yelled in Rome's arenae are still around, only this time as readers of tabloids and posters to internet forums.

That is an honest opinion I always give honest opinions, and if anyone choses to see it as anything but, thats their problem. Why is it when anyone has a different opinion of Kate that isn't praising her they get attacked? I also never said she was lazy I just said Kate does want to work, but I think her conditions for anyone who might be thinking of employing her is a problem. Blaming others for their problem's is not a very honest thing to do, now is it? Only Kate is the one who can fix her own problem's no-one else can.

I think people need to wake up and stop making excuses for her, she isn't a child, but an adult who makes her own choices.

Thats all i'm going to say on that matter.

But why should it be a "problem" if she only seeks part time employment? Why is anyone who tries to explain that it is her life and her decison making "excuses". She doesn't need "excuses" because she's not doing anything wrong. :bang:

Even if she wants to work parttime (which none of us know for sure), so what? Many people do. Are they all lazy useless human beings waiting around for their partners to propose? :whistling:
I don't know any young women of the same age with a part-time job. Moreover before people start trotting out the stupid jealousy argument all the people I am refering to are of a similar background to Kate.

If Kate or anyone who advises her will think that people will have a different opinion of her just because she claims to do some editing work on the catalogue of her parents' internet company they are wrong. It doesn't touch the actual problem, the lack of focus in her life and that's - thanks for pointing out Kezza - Kate's problem and not caused by the paparazzis or implications of dating a prince.

I don't mind what other young women do but I have a problem with the aspirant for the wife of the future King in the 21st century not having any visible focus or direction in her life apart from getting the ring on her finger. She could do or could have done anything with her personal life at this stage, if only she wanted. Nobody prevented her from anything.

I didn't call anybody jealous and I don't think anyone is. I just do not see why anyone should impose their aspirations in life and their life plan onto someone else. Maybe I'm just too tolerant.
Why does it seem so important to everyone that Kate has a job or career? I thought the Western world was proud of the fact that everyone is free to live their life as they please as long as they do not break any laws. As far as I know there is no law in the UK that obliges 26 year old women who are dating an heir to the throne to hold full time employment at best in an occupation that has beforehand been approved by public ballot. She isn't a career woman - so what? Why should having a career be a necessary qualification for a royal bride?
How would any "career" Kate had now make a difference in her life as a royal? Wouldn't it rather hinder her smooth integration into the family if she wanted to be a lawyer or doctor instead? So if she had any such aspiration what's the point if she then had to give it up. Isn't William better off with a woman who wants to be his wife than someone who'd reluctantly give up her own dreams for him? Or is it just the romantic idea for her to give up her life for love that cannot be fulfilled now? Since when is it wrong to want to marry and possibly have children?

I'm sorry but I simply can't follow that very onesided view of what life should be like. I'm far too much of a "live and let live" kind of person.

Isana you are right . You did not call anyone jealous but I will ,it is ABSOLUTE JEALOUSY. How does anyone know that Kate does not want to work. I know it is hard for us to believe but I think we see about 2% of her life the other 98% we have no idea. A lot of children work for their family firm , what she is doing is not unsual. Holly Brandson left her medical studies to work for her dad's company I guess she is lazy too. Women unfortunately are always so upset and jealous of other women if they think another women is prettier , thinner or maybe have a great boyfriend. Very sad indeed. This young woman has done nothing to warrant these nasty and vile attacks. So, the only explanation is really jealousy.

I understand the point that people should be respectful and appropriate when expressing their opinions. However, as much as I enjoy these boards, I wonder why people tend to jump all over a poster who expresses any kind of criticism. As long as things are expressed politely, why is it that any kind of negative comment is jumped upon: where are the facts, the proof, etc.? People can agree to disagree, and that's okay. This board is not supposed to be an encyclopedia filled only with statements that have been extensively fact checked. I also question why criticism of Kate Middleton is immediately viewed as evidence of jealousy. I liked and admired what I knew of her at first -- her discretion, her behavior, etc. I started to have a less favorable opinion of her when, after complaints about press harassment, she was constantly seen in paparazzi frequented nightclubs in short dresses in what I view was an effort to get Prince William's attention after their break-up. I feel that a twenty-six year old woman should be much more independent and have a life beyond making sure that she is available for travels with her Prince. I also want to say that I grew up with independent wealth, went to college, graduate school, had a career, etc. It never occurred to me or my parents that I should take an easy road because "I could." My husband's situation was exactly the same. He "does not have to work" either, but it would never occur to him not to. I am merely adding the latter because I am anticipating the response: Oh, you must be jealous of Kate's financial situation. I assure you, this is not the case. Finally, I want to add that beyond the obvious hype that is printed in the papers, no one really knows very much about Kate Middleton. It is very possible that beyond the media stories, i.e. "does she work or doesn't", or "oh gee, she is at another wedding", she may be a spectacular person -- kind and loving. We just really don't know. If she and Prince William end up getting engaged and married, then time will tell.

I find it amazing that as human beings, we often criticise famous people from what little knowlegde we have of them. Most of our knowledge in fact is from Media and gossip. I'm as guilty as others as I cannot stand Kate Price, but there is no logic behind it other than my prejudices against what I see as her need for attention.

The same can be said for Kate Middleton. What do we really know about her? She may be doing some really positive charity work, she may be employed within a workforce that loyally do not speak about her to those who may contact the media, yet we are often ready to believe much of what is not good, in our eyes, about her.

I must say that I hope William and whoever his future wife is, bring the BRF into the new century. My only criticism of the BRF is that they tend to stick too rigidly to tradition...just my opinion...and that they are missing out on the popularity of a huge percentage of the population. Tradition is good, up to a point. Everything else in this world moves forward and changes at a pace, why not the BRF? I hope we never lose the BRF in my lifetime, but I also hope that when William has his turn to be our Monarch, he get's rid of some of the outdated traditions and we see the BRF move from strength to strength.

As for Diana, I have seen some outlandish criticism of her here and I am astounded. She may not have been be a traditional Royal Family member, but she did more to ensure the support of the common person, than many of the Royal Family. Without our support, the Royal Family may fade away and day after day, it feels like I find myself to be in a growing minority of those who don't want to become a republic.

I agree mostly in what has been said: that we don't know Kate. And that it's quite foolish of anyone to have very strong feelings -- hatred or worship -- for a person you do not know. The media will always have things to say, whether to build her up or bring her down, in order to sell papers. And yes, this girl sells papers. I, on my part, never resorted to name-calling and labeling because I've always thought there's more to Kate than the headlines say. I have no problem with Kate working for her parents because I have done so myself, and found it extremely fulfilling. What she does with her free time is anyone's guess, so why judge so quickly? What I see in Kate is a discreet girl who's been loyal to her boyfriend through the years of scrutiny and speculations. And for this, I believe she deserves more credit than what the media is currently giving her.

Lauraford2, I totally understand your point. I love these forums as I find a lot of sensible people posting. But I think it's hard to understand people's responses to some criticism without going beyond the forums. What I mean is... some people who post the less favorable comments are also quite popular in other forums where the so-called "smear campaign" happens. As a result, people tend to become protective... of Kate, of the sanity, and of the positive culture of these forums.

Excellent post, lauraford.

I used to like Kate but like yourself imo the lady in question has proven to be something of a disappointment. On the other hand, Chelsy has gone up in my estimations.

I don't know any young women of the same age with a part-time job. Moreover before people start trotting out the stupid jealousy argument all the people I am refering to are of a similar background to Kate.
You don't know anyone of the same age/background perhaps, but those of a similar position do and to them, it sounds like unmitigated jealousy and spite.

I know dozens of young women of the same age and over, from the middle, upper middle and above classes, who have never worked, part time or otherwise, who have not felt the need to 'condemn' someone who has no option but to work. It is sad that many on these boards cannot afford Catherine the same courtesy!:bang:

I do have to wonder at the 'stupid jealousy argument' statement, why is it a stupid argument, unadulterated jealousy is what it sounds like to most people!
end of reply

Why do those that condemn Catherine based on the 'nothing' articles they have read, (no proof, no named sources, all speculation, IMO) want to be excluded from any criticism themselves, based on the opinions they put onto these forums?

There is always a motto of the royals that "noblesse oblige" Could it be that some think Kate at this point in her life should show an iota of ambition besides looking good?
With regard to jealousy I agree with some of the posters. It is preposterous to state that those who think she could be involved with something more are jealous of her or horrors, are of the lower classes who resent her access to the royals. Perhaps some like myself would like to see a more productive young lady who may have a royal future ahead of her, apply herself more for the good of others, regardless of what happens in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom