William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we assume this is true (which I do not believe) having Kate accepting William buying her clothes does not make a good impression. What's next?

I tend to disagree. I think it's been done. One of the reasons cited for William's father's second marriage was the question of expenses he was covering. I even read that he paid for her dental work before they married, which was quite evident in the wedding photos.
It may have been 'cited' but was it true? We do know from reading Charles' published accounts that he paid for refurbishing some rooms in CH to Camilla's taste, but nothing regarding any alleged dental work, which if you look at the pictures is not evident at all, however, I would be grateful to see the links to any of these stories, if you would be so kind.:)

This thread is about William and Catherine I believe and what is considered appropriate for an unmarried young woman in society.

Even if we assume this is true (which I do not believe) having Kate accepting William buying her clothes does not make a good impression. What's next?
An engagement ring :whistling: :lol:

Kate is working/helping out her parents in their business, so I'm sure she has enough of her own money to buy her clothes. On another note I love how she and Pippa share a lot of their clothes, they seem like really close sisters.

Well we agree that a young lady should not accept clothes from a beau just because she goes on vacation with him......regardless of whether she can afford to buy her own or she borrows her sister's or friends or whatever.

If Kate actually pays for her clothes- where does an unemployed 26year old get that kind of money for designer labels ? Do her parents have to foot the bill for everything ? If her parents are paying for everything, apartment,clothes,food,spending money what does that say about Kate---who just may end up a Queen---she has strange ethics.
I don't think she is unemployed; whether she's employed to everyone's liking is another issue. I'm sure her parents help her out, but is it so different from some average working class parents helping their children with certain expenses? I'd think it odd if the parents of a young lady dating a future king DIDN'T help her out within their means. How many moms and dads out there would say, "sorry, you're on your own"...???

An engagement ring :whistling: :lol:
Now don't get too excited.... yet! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Kate is working/helping out her parents in their business, so I'm sure she has enough of her own money to buy her clothes. On another note I love how she and Pippa share a lot of their clothes, they seem like really close sisters.
Yes they seem really close, but then again the whole family is.:flowers:

Well we agree that a young lady should not accept clothes from a beau just because she goes on vacation with him......regardless of whether she can afford to buy her own or she borrows her sister's or friends or whatever.
Of course not, unless of course it's an item of clothing given as a birthday/Christmas gift or something like that. I'm sure Kate isn't sending her clothing bills to William and I'm sure if she were the press would be all over it (although that could very well be next weekends story in the DM). Also I'm sure her parents wouldn't allow something like that to happen either, they are quite capable of buy their daughter a few dresses if she needs them.

Now don't get too excited.... yet! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Spoilsport :p

Good so you and I (Odette) agree. Your differences are with Monika. She thinks that William should be buying Kate's clothes...........

I also agree with you both. :flowers: Once they are married, he can buy her as many gowns as he can afford. :lol:

Once they get married he may even buy her jewelry............:lol::lol:

Good so you and I (Odette) agree. Your differences are with Monika. She thinks that William should be buying Kate's clothes...........
Oh no, only the first part of my post was to you, the part about Kate's clothes was just a general observation :flowers:

You try very hard to confuse me. :angel:I read the first part as a response to me the second to Skydragon. Was there anything I missed??????:eek::ohmy:

Oh no, only the first part of my post was to you, the part about Kate's clothes was just a general observation :flowers:
By the time certain tabloids read this forum and rewrite our comments, we will all have agreed that William is buying an entire wardrobe of clothing for her!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Goodness Skydragon, I do not want to be part of any tabloid headline.........:ROFLMAO:

I don't think she is unemployed; whether she's employed to everyone's liking is another issue. I'm sure her parents help her out, but is it so different from some average working class parents helping their children with certain expenses? I'd think it odd if the parents of a young lady dating a future king DIDN'T help her out within their means. How many moms and dads out there would say, "sorry, you're on your own"...???

Well I certainly agree with you there, I believe they are doing their very best to help her get the Prince.

You try very hard to confuse me. :angel:I read the first part as a response to me the second to Skydragon. Was there anything I missed??????:eek::ohmy:
My original post (post 366)- I only meant the ring part to be a response to you, the other part of the post is just my opinion on the whole clothes thing. I though when you said my differences were with Monika (post 371) that you though I my reply was me disagreeing with you when we were both actually saying the same thing and now I'm very confused :eek:...so lets just say we all agree and everyone is happy. :lol:

By the time certain tabloids read this forum and rewrite our comments, we will all have agreed that William is buying an entire wardrobe of clothing for her!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Pay close attention next weekend :lol:

But will he marry her? That is the big question.

I guess it's just a waiting game till they do something one way or another.

That's true for her mothers side, something the DM went into in great detail but what about her father's side. I believe he comes from a middle class family. There never seems to be anything said about her father.

In his family tree there is something about a Pub up in Leeds in the 1800´s but I don´t know what has happened more recently.

I don't see anything about a pub listed (although I could of missed it, there's a lot listed) but it gives a good few of Kate's ancestors and their professions on both sides: Ancestry of Kate Middleton

It seems that there are quite a few solicitors in the Middleton family tree. I suppose that means they will certainly be insisting on a pre-nup!;)

It seems that there are quite a few solicitors in the Middleton family tree. I suppose that means they will certainly be insisting on a pre-nup!;)

LOL, I suppose when the time comes P Charles will call his own solicitor, the one Sir Paul used as well.........:ohmy:

O.K While they are sunbathing in Mustique we are one big happy group here, waiting for developments...........

Well I certainly agree with you there, I believe they are doing their very best to help her get the Prince.
Nothing wrong with that as long as Kate is being treated well. And they would know that from proximity.

I first heard that Kate's mother was half -Jewish on a You Tube forum below a Kate video.
There's no such thing as "half Jewish." If one's mother is Jewish, one is Jewish; if not, one is not Jewish. It sounds like Kate's father has "Jewish sounding," whatever that means, last name. It doesn't sound like Kate's mother is Jewish as her mother is not Jewish.

I don't see anything about a pub listed (although I could of missed it, there's a lot listed) but it gives a good few of Kate's ancestors and their professions on both sides: Ancestry of Kate Middleton

I understood that the George & Dragon Yard in Leeds where Mary Asquith was born 1839 in Leeds was referring to a Pub. It sounds a strange place to be born in, it may be an address but George & Dragon is a very common name for a Pub in England.

Pre-nups are not enforcible under UK law. :D

I understood that the George & Dragon Yard in Leeds where Mary Asquith was born 1839 in Leeds was referring to a Pub. It sounds a strange place to be born in, it may be an address but George & Dragon is a very common name for a Pub in England.
It is very unlikely to be a street address, many of the Public Houses had accommodation, either for the owner/landlord or for travellers. They still do nowadays, some of them call themselves hotels (The George Hotel & Restaurant) others Bed & Breakfast.

Perhaps the baby was born while they were travelling somewhere. Wasn´t Winston Churchill born unexpectedly when his mother was attending an event at Blenheim her husband´s family home? A friend´s child was born in an ambulance on a main road leading to a hospital and when she registered the baby they told her to tick a box beside place of birth that said "other places" I gather the other boxes said, home or hospital. lol.

Prince william should be free to marry kate, in the name of love.

I hope that prince william brought us the queen kate middleton for his mum would have been the happiest woman in the world, has she lived the happiness of her beloved william. Camilla has no right to oppose to this relationship and following up rumours she has been preventing William to get engaged. Has she the right to after all she did to Diana? And besides who is camilla anyway in william's nothing, just merely nothing save bringing up bad memories . William should marry kate and tere is no reason why he couldn't.The magna carta law should be bypassed for once, for the sake of love.It is true that the magnacarta law prevents a royal member of the family to marry a non anglican. But what about love and human rights in this free democratic world. Prince william is a human being, like all of us, save that he belongs to the aristocratic world. This does not mean that he should torture himself in the royal imprisonnement. Life is for once only. For once, the magna carta law needs to be subject to revision and should state these words"Any royal family is entitled to marry an anglican and if is not the case the companion should follow anglican rules". This would indeed be less rigid as law for love is everything and the beauty of love could sacrifice one's religion for another. Forbidding such a love for the sake of monarchy rules and religions, is proned to be a dictatorial world.

Nazma FOURRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom