The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #401  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:14 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
I can see an engagement this year but a wedding uhh no surely they need time to plan it.
__________________

__________________
  #402  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: -, Ireland
Posts: 629
I don't think any of the media were speculating on a wedding this year - just an engagement. Although many of them believe that it won't be till next year when William is finished his military commitment but of course it is all just speculation
__________________

__________________
  #403  
Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
I don't think any of the media were speculating on a wedding this year - just an engagement. Although many of them believe that it won't be till next year when William is finished his military commitment but of course it is all just speculation
I think everyone on here has been speculating on a spring/summer 2009 wedding, following a Dec 25th or there abouts engagement.
__________________
  #404  
Old 06-26-2008, 07:13 PM
blondie28's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Springville, United States
Posts: 393
I still don't see these two as a very good couple, therefore I don't see an engagement. When I see them together I see unequal love. I just don't see them as compatible partners from now until the rest of their lives. I think they can drift apart from one another fairly easily, and can't make up their minds if they really love each other, or are just having fun.
__________________
  #405  
Old 06-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
I still don't see these two as a very good couple, therefore I don't see an engagement. When I see them together I see unequal love. I just don't see them as compatible partners from now until the rest of their lives. I think they can drift apart from one another fairly easily, and can't make up their minds if they really love each other, or are just having fun.
I do not know but when I read and hear about their certain engagement and marriage to follow, the Linley/Constantine romance comes to mind. He was dating her for years and then married Serena.
There may be a deep love between them (W & K) but something in that romance is off a bit or it has been public for so long it lost its sparkle.
__________________
  #406  
Old 06-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
This is my favourite:
Quote:
Presumably the same shadowy informants who now breathlessly believe that the official status of “girlfriend” may finally have been conferred on Kate Middleton.
But I read elsewhere the palace insiders/royal sources/shadowy informants had raised her official status from 'girlfriend' to 'Girlfriend'.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #407  
Old 06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
But I read elsewhere the palace insiders/royal sources/shadowy informants had raised her official status from 'girlfriend' to 'Girlfriend'.
LOL When they elevate the G to an F (fiancee) then I will get excited about this whole affaire.
__________________
  #408  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
so let me get this straight...if your a girlfriend then you're basically nothing but if you're a Girlfriend...then you've moved up a notch...wow. what happens when one goes from being Spouse to just spouse?
__________________
Duchess
  #409  
Old 06-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I do not know but when I read and hear about their certain engagement and marriage to follow, the Linley/Constantine romance comes to mind. He was dating her for years and then married Serena.
There may be a deep love between them (W & K) but something in that romance is off a bit or it has been public for so long it lost its sparkle.

I think I am going to give you my posting proxy...I agree with so much that you post and this is no exception!

I forgot all about the Linley/Constantine romance and you are right...I just assumed it was a done deal....so when the engagement to the Hon Serena Stanhope was announced I was surprised. Pleasantly surprised, I think she is perfect for him.
__________________
  #410  
Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,214
I remember Charles having gotten in hot water because he was just ALLEGED to have said "when I become king." It seems to me that he issued some sort of unofficial denial because the statement sounded so "pompous." Honestly, it's like saying, "When my mother dies..."



Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Can you imagine what would be said if one of them says..........WHEN I BECOME KING? This presumes their father or grandmother or both have to pass before they take over. It is a delicate situation. They know they are next but cannot look too antsy about taking over.
__________________
  #411  
Old 06-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I think I am going to give you my posting proxy...I agree with so much that you post and this is no exception!

I forgot all about the Linley/Constantine romance and you are right...I just assumed it was a done deal....so when the engagement to the Hon Serena Stanhope was announced I was surprised. Pleasantly surprised, I think she is perfect for him.
Apart from the fact the Serena showed up at her wedding day made up like a kewpy doll, she has been a very discreet, elegant supportive wife.

PS Your comment made me blush. LOL
__________________
  #412  
Old 06-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
so let me get this straight...if your a girlfriend then you're basically nothing but if you're a Girlfriend...then you've moved up a notch...wow. what happens when one goes from being Spouse to just spouse?
One then needs to empty all the bank accounts as fast as one can and have her bags ready.........Sounds like she is being replaced by a newer model.
__________________
  #413  
Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,145
Personally I won't believe they are really going to get engaged, let alone married until I see Kate making a dash for the finish line in the Cathedral!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #414  
Old 06-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
... until I see Kate making a dash for the finish line in the Cathedral!
There'll be no dashing anywhere in a wedding dress with long train and attendants, plus tiara.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #415  
Old 06-28-2008, 02:43 PM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,502
I think that Kate's (or Catherine) smile seems to hold a secret that only she(and maybe a few selected others) know. Maybe I'm wrong, or I'm obbsesive about the "body language, and hidden facial expression" course my boss paid for to help me in my PR job
__________________
  #416  
Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
this is interesting auntie...what do you read from it?
__________________
Duchess
  #417  
Old 06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
blondie28's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Springville, United States
Posts: 393
She smiles around her family and friends (because she is comfortable), but never directly into the camera.
__________________
  #418  
Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
She smiles around her family and friends (because she is comfortable), but never directly into the camera.
sorry blondie you are wrong kate does smile and pose for the camera have you look at the dailymail or hellomagazine she enjoy the spotlight light more than anything else,is her only job to give the media something to talk about and let see how all of these play out after these ''so call wedding'' the press wrote about 24/7
__________________
  #419  
Old 06-29-2008, 03:00 AM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
I've seen so many celebs apparently "pose for the camera" when really their not their just being normal.
__________________
  #420  
Old 06-29-2008, 03:56 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
this is interesting auntie...what do you read from it?
I think that she is unofficially engaged to William, and is holding the secret, when she smiles it's as if to say, "I know something you don't "
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009 Warren Prince Harry and Prince William 2017 01-01-2010 11:18 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]