The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I can see an engagement this year but a wedding uhh no surely they need time to plan it.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Courtier

I don't think any of the media were speculating on a wedding this year - just an engagement. Although many of them believe that it won't be till next year when William is finished his military commitment but of course it is all just speculation

Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
I don't think any of the media were speculating on a wedding this year - just an engagement. Although many of them believe that it won't be till next year when William is finished his military commitment but of course it is all just speculation
I think everyone on here has been speculating on a spring/summer 2009 wedding, following a Dec 25th or there abouts engagement.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Nobility

I still don't see these two as a very good couple, therefore I don't see an engagement. When I see them together I see unequal love. I just don't see them as compatible partners from now until the rest of their lives. I think they can drift apart from one another fairly easily, and can't make up their minds if they really love each other, or are just having fun.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
I still don't see these two as a very good couple, therefore I don't see an engagement. When I see them together I see unequal love. I just don't see them as compatible partners from now until the rest of their lives. I think they can drift apart from one another fairly easily, and can't make up their minds if they really love each other, or are just having fun.
I do not know but when I read and hear about their certain engagement and marriage to follow, the Linley/Constantine romance comes to mind. He was dating her for years and then married Serena.
There may be a deep love between them (W & K) but something in that romance is off a bit or it has been public for so long it lost its sparkle.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
This is my favourite:
Quote:
Presumably the same shadowy informants who now breathlessly believe that the official status of “girlfriend” may finally have been conferred on Kate Middleton.
But I read elsewhere the palace insiders/royal sources/shadowy informants had raised her official status from 'girlfriend' to 'Girlfriend'.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
But I read elsewhere the palace insiders/royal sources/shadowy informants had raised her official status from 'girlfriend' to 'Girlfriend'.
LOL When they elevate the G to an F (fiancee) then I will get excited about this whole affaire.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

so let me get this straight...if your a girlfriend then you're basically nothing but if you're a Girlfriend...then you've moved up a notch...wow. what happens when one goes from being Spouse to just spouse?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I do not know but when I read and hear about their certain engagement and marriage to follow, the Linley/Constantine romance comes to mind. He was dating her for years and then married Serena.
There may be a deep love between them (W & K) but something in that romance is off a bit or it has been public for so long it lost its sparkle.

I think I am going to give you my posting proxy...I agree with so much that you post and this is no exception!

I forgot all about the Linley/Constantine romance and you are right...I just assumed it was a done deal....so when the engagement to the Hon Serena Stanhope was announced I was surprised. Pleasantly surprised, I think she is perfect for him.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember Charles having gotten in hot water because he was just ALLEGED to have said "when I become king." It seems to me that he issued some sort of unofficial denial because the statement sounded so "pompous." Honestly, it's like saying, "When my mother dies..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Can you imagine what would be said if one of them says..........WHEN I BECOME KING? This presumes their father or grandmother or both have to pass before they take over. It is a delicate situation. They know they are next but cannot look too antsy about taking over.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I think I am going to give you my posting proxy...I agree with so much that you post and this is no exception!

I forgot all about the Linley/Constantine romance and you are right...I just assumed it was a done deal....so when the engagement to the Hon Serena Stanhope was announced I was surprised. Pleasantly surprised, I think she is perfect for him.
Apart from the fact the Serena showed up at her wedding day made up like a kewpy doll, she has been a very discreet, elegant supportive wife.

PS Your comment made me blush. LOL
Old 06-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
so let me get this straight...if your a girlfriend then you're basically nothing but if you're a Girlfriend...then you've moved up a notch...wow. what happens when one goes from being Spouse to just spouse?
One then needs to empty all the bank accounts as fast as one can and have her bags ready.........Sounds like she is being replaced by a newer model.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Personally I won't believe they are really going to get engaged, let alone married until I see Kate making a dash for the finish line in the Cathedral!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
... until I see Kate making a dash for the finish line in the Cathedral!
There'll be no dashing anywhere in a wedding dress with long train and attendants, plus tiara.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

I think that Kate's (or Catherine) smile seems to hold a secret that only she(and maybe a few selected others) know. Maybe I'm wrong, or I'm obbsesive about the "body language, and hidden facial expression" course my boss paid for to help me in my PR job
Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

this is interesting auntie...what do you read from it?
Old 06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Nobility

She smiles around her family and friends (because she is comfortable), but never directly into the camera.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
She smiles around her family and friends (because she is comfortable), but never directly into the camera.
sorry blondie you are wrong kate does smile and pose for the camera have you look at the dailymail or hellomagazine she enjoy the spotlight light more than anything else,is her only job to give the media something to talk about and let see how all of these play out after these ''so call wedding'' the press wrote about 24/7
Old 06-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I've seen so many celebs apparently "pose for the camera" when really their not their just being normal.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
this is interesting auntie...what do you read from it?
I think that she is unofficially engaged to William, and is holding the secret, when she smiles it's as if to say, "I know something you don't "

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press