The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
There was some speculation over Prince Philip's health today in the NOTW and that if he had a heart attack or stroke he would not want to be revived.
I should point out, that a heart attack or stroke does not always kill, so resuscitation would not necessarily come into it! I can't see a fighter like Philip signing a DNAR.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they might be finally comfortable with showing a bit more affection when the camera's are on. Anyways I'm really starting to think it will happen soon I don't know why but even the american tabloids have gone into overdrive with this and they haven't done that since Kate came to Wills graduation in 2005. I think Kate's a nice girl she seems fun to be around, I mean there has to be something about her or else why would Will have stayed with her for so long, I highly doubt that was the press doing that, I have more of an opinion but after what happened with Charles and Di I don't want to say too much and jinx it.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Nobility

I read where Kate wants to work in an art gallery somewhere, so that means they aren't engaged, and also why wouldn't the Duke of Edinburgh like to see another one of his grand-children like Zara marry first.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Courtier

The Telegraph article is really interesting...a good read...
Old 06-23-2008, 10:16 AM

^It's entertaining, but there are some glaring inaccuracies that the writer could have easily fact-checked, such as:

Quote:
Perhaps Kate’s fingers were burnt by the engagement gossip that had surrounded her stand‑in role attending the wedding of Peter Philips and Autumn Kelly last month, while William was in South Africa to witness his good friend Jecca Craig get hitched.
Maybe it's unimportant that the person who got hitched was actually Jecca's brother, but this mistake is just sloppy reporting, and too easy to get right for any excuse to fly. I expect more from the Telegraph, which has long been one of my favorite papers.

Besides all this, I imagine HM and the Duke have better things to think about than Kate. Like horses and dogs and the soil at Balmoral. Not to mention all the official stuff.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Majesty

Because that's too "normal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Why is it so hard to allow that this couple might actually love one another and they are waiting for the time they think is right for them?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Ok here's my only problem with these 2 and I know this has been brought up alot but I'm sick of her hugging him/trying to kiss him and he stands there it makes me want to pull my hair out I want to scream wake up William your not what you once were. For example there's this one pic I found and it's from a private party it seems not sure when it was taken and shes hugging him and he's just standing there so I was like ok maybe he did hug her but the camera didn't catch it but it's like ugh that's my only issue with these 2 I wish both ends would show equal amount of love. I'm fine with him being private but if she hugs you hug her back for the love of god. Sorry I had to rant ok one last thing last night I was trying to picture her as a princess and interacting with the crowds and I was like are you kidding me but then I thought and how exactly do you classify someone as a princess she'll just learn just as all the other ones did. There done phew much better.
Quote:
William will never have the power to rule the UK. He'll be a servant to his nation, and so will his wife.
What do you mean as in he'll never be king or do you mean that in some other way.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 PM

^Yeah, Wills is definitely Reserved with a capital R. He takes the mantra "never show emotion in public" to a ridiculous extent. Maybe the reason for Kate's overflowing smiles and laughter is that she is trying to make up for his glumness?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Majesty

No, I meant that he has no "power to rule." The person who posted the message seemed to be under the impression that, as King, Prince William would be running the UK--and, being a supporter of Constitutional Monarchy--I attempted to correct that misunderstanding. Then I noticed that other posters had previously made posts saying basically the same thing. IOW I was being totally redundant. When/if he becomes King, he'll spend his life doing constitutional duties and supporting charitable endeavors and not having a political role. That was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
What do you mean as in he'll never be king or do you mean that in some other way.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh ok I get hah sorry about that thanks for explaining

And about the relationship I like Kate so far I see nothing wrong with her lately she's really been putting my worries to rest I just hope William can loosen up.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Queen Elizabeth takes after Queen Victoria and if Charles having the same genes makes it to the throne it will be another at least 20 years before William becomes king. A lot of things can change in the meantime.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Well ya but I guess that's why William always says "if and when I become king" whenever he's asked about it.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can you imagine what would be said if one of them says..........WHEN I BECOME KING? This presumes their father or grandmother or both have to pass before they take over. It is a delicate situation. They know they are next but cannot look too antsy about taking over.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Ya I guess that's why their careful about what they say, the only time I've ever heard of him saying "When I'm king" is when he promised to give Diana back her HRH title but he was young when when he said that.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
The Telegraph article is really interesting...a good read...
TimesOnline has an interested article out today:
Pillow Talk: Prince William and Kate Middleton to wed? - Times Online

I think William will wait either past Christmas or will propose soon before. The trick is to try to look at the schedules of the Queen, Prince Philip, Charles as well as William to see if there are coinciding gaps. Maybe August, when they all as well as other royals typically go on vacation for a month and all schedules are clear? One month is long enough for wedding celebrations as well as a honeymoon. And Prince Philip isn't getting any younger, which I am sure is a factor in the timing of an heir's big day. August seems plausible to me, then there would be no disruptions of schedules. But what do I know?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

From the Times.online link, a somewhat cynical take on those very chatty "royal insiders":

...The UK press has had “royal insiders” variously describing (a) the reasons why the pair's break-up is inevitable; (b) the reasons why a summer wedding/elopement is inevitable; and (c) Prince Harry's debauched nights out, when he was actually secretly in Afghanistan.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Kate decided to get back with William last year after the breakup with no firm proposal and assurances that the engagement would take place, she is a fool.
If William managed to get her back with a vague.........someday but not before I am thirty years old...... this engagement may never take place.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
If Kate decided to get back with William last year after the breakup with no firm proposal and assurances that the engagement would take place, she is a fool............
I don't think that it would have been a foolish choice if they had gotten back together and had not been so public about their relationship but if Kate attended his RAF graduation, the wedding of his cousin without him and the Carter Ceremony without some sort of firm plan for their future then she is indeed, to me anyway, a foolish girl.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
From the Times.online link, a somewhat cynical take on those very chatty "royal insiders":

...The UK press has had “royal insiders” variously describing (a) the reasons why the pair's break-up is inevitable; (b) the reasons why a summer wedding/elopement is inevitable; and (c) Prince Harry's debauched nights out, when he was actually secretly in Afghanistan.
This is my favourite
-
Quote:
Presumably the same shadowy informants who now breathlessly believe that the official status of “girlfriend” may finally have been conferred on Kate Middleton.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Majesty

I don't know folks...I think if William and ummm..CATHERINE were going to tie the knot this summer an announcement would have been made by now. Prince Charles and Prince Andrew's engagements were announced in the months of Feb and March respectively with late July weddings planned for both.

I can't see a Royal wedding as significant as William's being thrown together in a few weeks. There are foreign Royal houses to co-ordinate schedules with and invite, gowns to be designed and made, etc.

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press