William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Warren, you are so wicked! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Lets see, mink hat, rabbit scarf, BeatrixFans sable coat, Crocodile skin boots and tiger skin gloves. Now that should do it! :ohmy:

Excellent ideas. I'd substitute the hat, though, and have her in one with pheasant feathers like The Queen wore one year.

I think Kate will spend Christmas day with her own family, I know if I were her I would be at my own home.

I am not sure on the distance between Kate's home and Sandringham, could they meet up in the afternoon?

I do wish the press would leave them alone, they are too young to marry. In the real world it would be different but in the world they live it would be too difficult in my opinion. They may not be allowed to be with one another all the time but they have a certain freedom being married would not allow them to have.

I would be very disapointed and surprised if William married in the next 3 years, in his postion he needs to make his mark and then can think of settling down.

Also I know many, many people who were together 5, 10 years then split and one of the partners marries someone else within a year or so. Kate may not be William's 'one' and he might not be hers. I think they should be allowed their freedom to see how things go.

Does this mean you haven't contracted engagement-speculation fever BeatrixFan?
Good God no. I'd rather they just get it over with so I can't loathe the future Princess of Wales rather than a future ex-girlfriend. Oh well, a rose between two thorns as they say.

I just heard on the news that Kate spent a night at Buckingham Palace over the weekend after celebratory drinks on Friday night. Apparently Kate is the first non spouse to stay at the palace suggesting that an engagement announcement may be imminent.
We will wait and see???

Did they have pictures or video of her leaving? If not it might just be another tabloid story that makes it into the mainstream. (Like the story ages ago that she was living with him in Clarence House).

crisscross1 said:
I just heard on the news that Kate spent a night at Buckingham Palace over the weekend after celebratory drinks on Friday night. Apparently Kate is the first none spouse to stay at the palace suggesting that an engagement announcement may be imminent.

I thought visitors often stayed there. I suppose girlfriends - unless they are living there, like Sophie - are a different kettle of fish. Interesting it made the Aussie news. I must turn on the radio.

We will wait and see???

We have no choice. :D

Ceaucescu stayed at Buckingham Palace and we didn't see Princess Anne engaged to him did we? A night at BP means nothing at all.

Prince William engagement rumors

There are lots of stories about whether Prince William will propose to Kate over the Christmas holiday and beyond, which I'm sure we will be subjected to for weeks, months or years to come.:rolleyes:

From the Sunday Mail
Has William proposed?

"ENGLAND is on royal engagement watch as rumours swirl that Prince William is about to pop the question to girlfriend Kate Middleton . . . if he hasn't already.

The excitement of a possible Christmas announcement and celebration followed by a summer wedding midway through next year was sparked after William was spotted enjoying what watchers described as a quiet celebratory drink with Ms Middleton on Thursday night."

full article: http://www.news.com.au/sundaymail/story/0,23739,20901384-952,00.html

Is it "standard" for the royal house to make announcements denying engagements?

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1833032006
This article mentions that "Clarence House" has issued a denial regarding the current engagement rumors. I don't see anything at either the monarchy or princeofwales sites. Are they simply not updated yet? Or is this "Clarence House" mention just another unnamed source and there is nothing official about it at all?
Anyone know?

This article talks about the apparent engagement and also talks about how the Queen finds Kate refreshing and loves how she is not nervous around her.

It is believed the Queen's approval was the final step in moving forward with the engagement. She is said to like Ms Middleton because Kate is "natural" with her.
"The Queen spends a lot of time meeting ghastly officials who are nervous and obsequious with her," the Daily Mail was told.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20902068-2,00.html

actually, by denying their engagement, isnt clarence house "officially" confirming will and kate are in fact a couple? If i am not mistaking, this is the first time CH has even come close to confirming they are in fact a couple, even though we all know have known some time that they are. Something else i find weird about this CH statement, they are very straight to the point and categorically deny an "engagement", instead of just using the usual "we dont comment on the princes' personal lives"...but i guess had they done that, the engagement speculation meter would be through the roof !!!:rolleyes:

BeatrixFan said:
Ceaucescu stayed at Buckingham Palace and we didn't see Princess Anne engaged to him did we? A night at BP means nothing at all.

Apparently to the Poms it doesn't, but to others around the world, we only have what the media tell us to believe.
I have no idea who Ceaucescu is so therefore can make no comment:ermm:

I can only comment on what I hear or read and if that offends the staunch Royalists among you, I heartily apologise.:sad:

"Poms" is Australian slang for British people; Nicolae Ceausecsu was the Communist president of Romania and was a fairly nasty piece of work even by the standards of Communist dictators. He ended up being overthrown and executed by his own people after the 1989 revolution. His visit to Buckingham Palace took place in 1979, when Princess Anne was already married.

Elspeth said:
"Poms" is Australian slang for British people; Nicolae Ceausecsu was the Communist president of Romania and was a fairly nasty piece of work even by the standards of Communist dictators. He ended up being overthrown and executed by his own people after the 1989 revolution. His visit to Buckingham Palace took place in 1979, when Princess Anne was already married.

Mr & Mrs Ceausecsu held no reservations about trying to strip the gold panelling off the walls of "their" suite inside Buckingham Palace either, for fear the rooms were bugged.
They soon took their conversations out into the garden :lol:

Elspeth said:
"Poms" is Australian slang for British people
I was born (in Knaphill) and raised in the South of England (Littlehampton) by English parents, (London and Guildford) and don't actually mind being called a Pom by the Australian or anyone else for that matter. However, if I have offended anyone in this politically correct world, I whole heartedly apologise.:sad:

crisscross1 said:
I was born (in Knaphill) and raised in the South of England (Littlehampton) by English parents, (London and Guildford) and don't actually mind being called a Pom by the Australian or anyone else for that matter. However, if I have offended anyone in this politically correct world, I whole heartedly apologise.:sad:

I'm an english citizen crisscross1, and you haven't offended me :flowers: It really is harmless banter.

Now, if they are engaged, fantastic! If they are not, I'm sure they shall be in the not too distant future.

Madame Royale said:
crisscross1 said:
I'm an english citizen crisscross1, and you haven't offended me :flowers: It really is harmless banter.

Thanks Madame Royale:flowers:

It's so sad that we can't use the old terms of, what I used to consider an endearment, for fear of offending people. I am proud to be a 'Pom' and an Australian.

Madame Royale said:
Mr & Mrs Ceausecsu held no reservations about trying to strip the gold panelling off the walls of "their" suite inside Buckingham Palace either, for fear the rooms were bugged.
They soon took their conversations out into the garden :lol:
The Ceausescus were guests of the French President before moving on to London. The President's staff reportedly warned BP to nail everything down in preparation for the visit.

Warren said:
The Ceausescus were guests of the French President before moving on to London. The President's staff reportedly warned BP to nail everything down in preparation for the visit.

Hahaha..I so wasn't aware of that, Warren :lol: What a hoot!

Skydragon said:
Warren, you are so wicked! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Lets see, mink hat, rabbit scarf, BeatrixFans sable coat, Crocodile skin boots and tiger skin gloves. Now that should do it! :ohmy:

Or maybe Ugh Boots! :whistling:

(You two rabble rousers are definitely contageous! :innocent: )

MARG said:
Or maybe Ugh Boots! :whistling:

Couldn't be anymore revolting than the boots Beatrice wore a couple of years ago or some of the gettups that Zara turns out in!!:whistling

crisscross1 said:
Madame Royale said:
Thanks Madame Royale:flowers:

It's so sad that we can't use the old terms of, what I used to consider an endearment, for fear of offending people. I am proud to be a 'Pom' and an Australian.

I didn't know "Pom" was thought offensive. It's just the word we use for them :), and there is an element of endearment implied, I've always thought.

Though considering how the Ashes cricket series has gone so far, they may be a tad more sensitive about it at the moment :D .

with charles and diana happend some like this, since november 1980 the rumors were in all the newspapes, but diana and charles was enganemented since 3 weeks before to the day that it was annunced

Roslyn said:
I didn't know "Pom" was thought offensive. It's just the word we use for them :), and there is an element of endearment implied, I've always thought.

Though considering how the Ashes cricket series has gone so far, they may be a tad more sensitive about it at the moment :D .

Ashes, whats that? :lol:

I don't think anyone minds being called a pom, I do object to wingeing pom though.:ROFLMAO: We call you aussies and I am sure cricket fans call you a host of other names! :lol: - No offence intended! :flowers:

Skydragon said:
Ashes, whats that? :lol:

I don't think anyone minds being called a pom, I do object to wingeing pom though.:ROFLMAO: We call you aussies and I am sure cricket fans call you a host of other names! :lol: - No offence intended! :flowers:

Absolutely :)

'Aussie' is fine but I object when Australian's are referred to as convicts.

The relationship between Australia and Britain really is quite unique. Such a love hate rivalry, yet we would be the first one's to help one another if needed.

I look at it a bit like an older/younger sibling relationship, really. Competative, sometimes annoying but a deep cultural understanding and affection.

Now...

I take it nothing more has happend in the Will's-Kate engagement "saga".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom