The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
When was that confirmed Roslyn?
It's mentioned in the Daily Mail article that aplusw2000 linked us to at Post 154. Hence my reservations and the need to wait and see.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
When was that confirmed Roslyn?
Does this mean you haven't contracted engagement-speculation fever BeatrixFan?

Nevertheless, IF Ms Middleton is seen with the Royal Family at the Sandringham church on Christmas Day, the significance will be obvious.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Nobility

Dear Warren, even I don't think she'll be walking about with the royals to/from the church at Sandringham. And I believe they are secretly engaged and are marking time until it's official! But will that not be a treat if lightening strikes and they do include her in that walk of fame. If for no other reason but to see the denials and the bloodletting all over the internet far and wide.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
..But will that not be a treat if lightening strikes and they do include her in that walk of fame. If for no other reason but to see the denials and the bloodletting all over the internet far and wide.
If they really wanted to play with people's heads they'd get her to wear fur during the 'walk of fame' on Christmas Day.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
If they really wanted to play with people's heads they'd get her to wear fur during the 'walk of fame' on Christmas Day.
Warren, it would be perfect if Catherine were to wear the infamous fur hat she wore to the races and include a matching fur collar or fur scarf! That would set the cat among the pigeons for sure!!
Old 12-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplusw2000
Is wills about to proppose ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

hmm...i must say up until recently i had my doubts and as was clarified by Clarence House yesterday, talks of engagement are all "hot air" but....ehehe i believe i hear the sound of wedding bells now, summer 2008 at the latest
funny, only last week this paper was saying she was the accessories buyer...now they're saying she's an assistant accessories buyer...was she demoted already?
Old 12-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Warren, you are so wicked!

Lets see, mink hat, rabbit scarf, BeatrixFans sable coat, Crocodile skin boots and tiger skin gloves. Now that should do it!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Administrator

I was thinking panda mittens.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I am for once speechless!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Old 12-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Warren, you are so wicked!

Lets see, mink hat, rabbit scarf, BeatrixFans sable coat, Crocodile skin boots and tiger skin gloves. Now that should do it!
Excellent ideas. I'd substitute the hat, though, and have her in one with pheasant feathers like The Queen wore one year.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Nobility

I think Kate will spend Christmas day with her own family, I know if I were her I would be at my own home.

I am not sure on the distance between Kate's home and Sandringham, could they meet up in the afternoon?

I do wish the press would leave them alone, they are too young to marry. In the real world it would be different but in the world they live it would be too difficult in my opinion. They may not be allowed to be with one another all the time but they have a certain freedom being married would not allow them to have.

I would be very disapointed and surprised if William married in the next 3 years, in his postion he needs to make his mark and then can think of settling down.

Also I know many, many people who were together 5, 10 years then split and one of the partners marries someone else within a year or so. Kate may not be William's 'one' and he might not be hers. I think they should be allowed their freedom to see how things go.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Does this mean you haven't contracted engagement-speculation fever BeatrixFan?
Good God no. I'd rather they just get it over with so I can't loathe the future Princess of Wales rather than a future ex-girlfriend. Oh well, a rose between two thorns as they say.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Courtier

I just heard on the news that Kate spent a night at Buckingham Palace over the weekend after celebratory drinks on Friday night. Apparently Kate is the first non spouse to stay at the palace suggesting that an engagement announcement may be imminent.
We will wait and see???
Old 12-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Nobility

Did they have pictures or video of her leaving? If not it might just be another tabloid story that makes it into the mainstream. (Like the story ages ago that she was living with him in Clarence House).
Old 12-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1
I just heard on the news that Kate spent a night at Buckingham Palace over the weekend after celebratory drinks on Friday night. Apparently Kate is the first none spouse to stay at the palace suggesting that an engagement announcement may be imminent.
I thought visitors often stayed there. I suppose girlfriends - unless they are living there, like Sophie - are a different kettle of fish. Interesting it made the Aussie news. I must turn on the radio.

Quote:
We will wait and see???
We have no choice.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:26 PM

Ceaucescu stayed at Buckingham Palace and we didn't see Princess Anne engaged to him did we? A night at BP means nothing at all.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Courtier

Prince William engagement rumors

There are lots of stories about whether Prince William will propose to Kate over the Christmas holiday and beyond, which I'm sure we will be subjected to for weeks, months or years to come.

From the Sunday Mail
Has William proposed?

"ENGLAND is on royal engagement watch as rumours swirl that Prince William is about to pop the question to girlfriend Kate Middleton . . . if he hasn't already.

The excitement of a possible Christmas announcement and celebration followed by a summer wedding midway through next year was sparked after William was spotted enjoying what watchers described as a quiet celebratory drink with Ms Middleton on Thursday night."

full article: http://www.news.com.au/sundaymail/st...84-952,00.html
Old 12-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Courtier

Royal Denial Of William engagement...

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...?id=1833032006
Old 12-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Courtier

Well it is about time they said something.

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press