The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

i think she is sticking around waiting for marriage but i think they're already engaged and may have been engaged for some time...but since william has commitments to meet regarding his military service they have decided to wait on making a formal announcement.

why must two people hold hands, kiss, have their arm around each other, walk arm in arm, hug, etc in public to show that they love each other? is there something wrong with keeping displays of affection in private? and why must a couple be "exciting"? i think after the crazy diana/charles and sarah/andrew years william would be quite happy to have a relationship that is quiet and stable. if the worst thing we see in the press about catherine is that she shops then i don't think it's altogether bad considering what we've seen in the past.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Majesty

Here, here Duchess! I think this idea that Royal couples need to act like the man on the street and be all over one another is new one. I don't get it either. As long as they are not snarling and sneering at one another that is fine. I don't particularly want or need to see Royals making out in public!

Let them "show their love" where it counts...in private and to one another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Kate is still essentially a blank canvas...
I find them incredibly boring too...they lack a certain spark, a certain glamor..but perhaps that is what the Royal family needs and wants after the drama of the last quarter century!

And still...I am NOT convinced that William is going to end up married to this girl. I could be wrong...it's just a feeling.

ETA: For the record I find Chelsy and Harry just as uninteresting!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
If the media is to be believed then William and Kate have no problem showing their love in public, the first reports of them reuniting last year told how they were all over each other at a party,
People just having a fling do that as well.

Quote:
No one is trapped, they are both consenting adults for goodness sake - people really need to stop seeing William as this poor little boy who must be forever excused for all things,
Will just have to agree to disagree on the trapped bit. And I don't think of William as a poor little boy. But he has had a year that would make anyone want to have some breathing space. OK watch TV together for a while putting on a so-called "normal" face to their relationship, but hell, that's not living, that's lying down dead

But if William has a real passion for Kate, that feeling would come across to everyone without him "pawing" all over Kate at functions. At the moment all he's showing is resignation because he hasn't got the emotional energy to confront the issue. Roll on next year.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

After what happened with Diana and Charles I'm not going to even begin to attempt to figure out a royal relationship I think we'll see in due time what the future holds.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Majesty

I cannot forget how the British media reacted when the news of the so-called breakup with Kate came in last year. The media acted personally affronted, as if William had somehow CHEATED them out of a wedding! I couldn't believe it...they were making him sound like a cad when all he did was decide he didn't want to date Kate anymore(if he ever did decide that)

So maybe if he did break up with her he was a little taken aback by all the brick bats and bad press and decided it was better to reconcile.

If he is with her I hope it's because he REALLY wants to be and not because he is being bullied and cajoled by the Press....we all remember what happened the last time the British tabloids played matchmaker for an heir to the Throne.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Nobility

It probably scared William when he broke-up with Kate last year, because he was made out to be the guilty party, and he might have thought that would ruin his reputation. Why can't the stupid British media wait, William is bound to get married one day, whether tomorrow or ten years we don't know.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Courtier

If William was going to be bullied by the press he and Kate would of gotten engaged in 2006 when they first started or around her birthday in 2007 or last Christmas or during the New Year. I doubt that he or Kate would get back together because of any bad press, the media would have moved on just like they always do. Anyway I think the person that got the worst attack from the media and the public last year was Carole Middleton. She was portrayed as a social climber who would stop at nothing to get into the Royal Family. Stories about how she had ruined it all by using the word toilet in front of the Queen are still making the rounds today.

Quote:
But he has had a year that would make anyone want to have some breathing space
I think William has too much breathing space, leading to the landing of helicopters in his girlfriend's back garden and using them as a taxi service.

Quote:
But if William has a real passion for Kate, that feeling would come across to everyone without him "pawing" all over Kate at functions
While you don't see it many, many others do and if you take a look at some of the other couples discussed on these boards you will see that to some they are true love but others not so much.

People must really have a poor opinion of William, is he some poor pathetic, ball-less wonder who can't end it with a girl. I think that over the last few years he and Kate have proven that they won't be forced to do anything in their relationship that they don't want to. Is it so hard to believe that they are just like millions of other couples around that world that will get married when and IF they want to?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I still say his whole chinook thing was well explained I mean I really don't think it was just a joy ride although I think that's how it came across to everyone else and an explanantion and apology was really needed but moving on anyways I have to say I think William is smart enough and has people around him who wouldn't let him do something stupid like getting into a relationship he didn't want, so I beleive they're together because they want to.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Royal Highness

I totally agree...the helicopter incident was way overblown. Any pilot needs practice flying first to be qualified as one.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Majesty

William will never have the power to rule the UK. He'll be a servant to his nation, and so will his wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amad1108 View Post
but not all these young men is a heir to a crown title and the money and palces that any woman could dream about and a power to rules a country,so why not wait forever for the ring, the ring that hold the key to all the middleton alway wanted
I think that William is actually a very strong, stubborn character. I don't believe for a minute that he's still seeing Kate because the press scared him after he broke up with her or she broke up with him--whichever way it went last year.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
If William was going to be bullied by the press he and Kate would of gotten engaged in 2006 when they first started or around her birthday in 2007 or last Christmas or during the New Year.
Quote:
People must really have a poor opinion of William, is he some poor pathetic, ball-less wonder who can't end it with a girl. I think that over the last few years he and Kate have proven that they won't be forced to do anything in their relationship that they don't want to.
It was said that William stated he had no intention of getting married until ?2009, can't remember exact year, he made that decision, not Kate.
Therefore, it is William who has stuck to his guns regardless of what the paper said.

I reckon that there is a friendship between them, but that it's not love, and if William doesn't want to marry her, but does want to keep her friendship, then it will be devillishly hard to break it off and protect her from the media. Why is it that guys that are sensitive and caring, are assumed to "pathetic and ball-less?"

Quote:
I think William has too much breathing space, leading to the landing of helicopters in his girlfriend's back garden and using them as a taxi service.
Better that than using them to shoot and kill people though.

Cheers
Old 06-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Nobility

I think Wills will probably propose soon, if he hasn't already. I won't make a prediction of when the wedding might be, because I'm usually bad at betting, but I think he's about done with all the things he would have to do, and that his father did, before he should marry. And I don't really think that Kate will wait patiently for too much longer. I know from family members that their biological clocks started ticking after 25, when they were closer to 30 than to 20. She'll probably wait around for William, but not so quietly. IMO. And I think that Kate would make a good Princess, if only because she seems trustful and makes William happy.

I also think that everyone that has misgivings about her will clear them up when/if they get married.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
I totally agree...the helicopter incident was way overblown. Any pilot needs practice flying first to be qualified as one.
Yes pilots need to train but not normally to personal venues. The flying hours he was trying to 'clock up' had little to do with 'earning' his wings.
----------------------------------------------
Kate Middleton has, according to royal watchers, been given the official status of 'Girlfriend'. That, says Jessica Fellowes, brings her closer to her goal.

If Kate Middleton wants to marry Prince William, she’ll get him - Telegraph
Old 06-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggymay View Post
It was said that William stated he had no intention of getting married until ?2009, can't remember exact year, he made that decision, not Kate.
How do you know they didn't make that decision together. Most couples do talk about the future of their relationship, why would they be any different.

Quote:
Therefore, it is William who has stuck to his guns regardless of what the paper said
Yes I agree I don't believe that William has been bullied by the press in anything to do with his relationship with Kate.

Quote:
Why is it that guys that are sensitive and caring, are assumed to "pathetic and ball-less?"
Who said sensitive and caring guys are pathetic and ball-less? Not me! I said a guy who is afraid to end it with his girlfriend is pathetic and ball-less. Although come to think of it I never got the impression that William is as sensitive as he would like people to believe
Old 06-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Majesty

I have to admit that I was one of the "Kate is a boring whey faced wench and Kate and William together should be marketed as an insomnia cure", brigade.

However, after watching she and Harry together at the Garter ceremony I realised that:

a. Kate or Catherine as she prefers to be called is obviously an animated, warm and light-hearted woman, contrary to almost every photo printed, and,

b. Kate, baled up by the media and Kate and William baled up in the media, equals a certain lack of animation in both parties and indicates a degree of strain or tension, worse a distant relationship lacking any degree of passion.

Whilst I think that Harry is a good conversationalist and adept at drawing peope out, it is obvious that they share a relaxed and close friendship, and on this occasion. a wickedly common cause . . . supporting William, even taking the micky out of him.

I wonder, since she and Harry were both focused on William and not the media, if we didn't get a brief glimpse of the woman that William loves. Witty, humorous and fun to be with.

A worthy princess?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Hi folks

Its sad that people in defending Kate Middleton, choose to portray marriage to William as being a fate worse than death, and that therefore she must love him so much.
#1 I'm not defending Kate Middleton.

#2 I don't view her potential marriage to William as something worse than death, quite the contrary. Rather I view the public's behavior and these doom and gloom predictions of a mirror image of her and William's relationship to Charles & Diana, the Bad Years, as BS from jealous young girls on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that William is actually a very strong, stubborn character. I don't believe for a minute that he's still seeing Kate because the press scared him after he broke up with her or she broke up with him--whichever way it went last year.
Absolutely agree. William and Kate are "grown folk." They know their own minds and hearts. Neither of them is doing anything they don't want to do. They are together because they both want to be.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Its sad that people in defending Kate Middleton, choose to portray marriage to William as being a fate worse than death, and that therefore she must love him so much.
Well he is not the 'catch' of the century as some seem to portray him.

Why is it so hard to allow that this couple might actually love one another and they are waiting for the time they think is right for them?
Old 06-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

See I agree on that completly just cause we don't see it all the time as some people show it doesn't mean it's not there, doesn't mean they don't love each other and are just waiting for the right moment, my cousin for example knew his wife for over 10 years before he poped the question.

Quote:
Yes pilots need to train but not normally to personal venues. The flying hours he was trying to 'clock up' had little to do with 'earning' his wings.
Ok last post about this then I'll get back to the topic I don't think he really was trying to clock up hours I think he just got the idea, maybe he wanted to show off a bit as well as have some fun but I think we got a good enough explanantion and it seems to me they taught him something even if his intentions originally for these trips weren't really to learn much or what not apparently his flying officers thought it'd do him some good too, I mean I'd say they trips came in handy I mean atleast he has more experience right lol I mean after flying the plane all over London then overseas what more do you need lol ok I'll stop now back to Will and Kate.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Commoner

One good thing achieved here, is the interesting variety of views on this relationship. I haven't read anything that changes my views, nor do I expect others to change their views. I'll always be a champion for William and Harry, regardless of who they marry - for better or worse. But think its better I stick to threads on William alone rather than this current relationship he is in. Have no wish to cause any trouble.

Cheers
Marg
Old 06-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

There was some speculation over Prince Philip's health today in the NOTW and that if he had a heart attack or stroke he would not want to be revived.

Do you think that if the Duke's health is failing it will mean that William is more likely to bring the wedding forward and break his self inflicted 28 rule. He seems to be close to granddad so would want him there.

Wills and Kate seem so so close at the moment.

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press