William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that the situation is slightly different as Kate is will be the future Queen if they married, but I don't think Sarah, Duchess of York's father received a title on her marriage and he was friend of PoW.
He wasn't exactly a friend, he was Charles' polo manager for a good few years, 20 or so IIRC.:flowers:

"Baseborn" was used as well in birth records to refer to an illegitimate birth. I came across this when doing some genealogical research.
My natural parents were married when I was born and remained happily so until my father died nearly 10 years ago.

But as far as English/British society are concerned, I'm Baseborn!!:lol::lol:

Working hours here tend to be 9 to 5 or the equivalent. 48 hours is the maximum allowed per week by law, unless you sign an opt out.
Working hours and time off : Directgov - Employment

skydragon, you need to learn to read between the lines. working from 9 to 5 happens in other parts of the world as well. however, there are a lot of people that must work around those hours to accommodate certain events, appointments, etc so working around those hours is NOT uncommon. in a perfect world, people would their 8 hours and go home but in the REAL world there a thousands of people that work well beyond the normal working day. perhaps since you don't hold a job outside the home you weren't aware of this so i've just done you a great service by letting you in on it.

No you haven't, I am well aware that people in different industries work different hours. I may never have been in paid employment as such, but I'm afraid the presumption that I do not have a 'job outside the home', is just that, a presumption and an incorrect one at that. Among other things, as an employer, I need to know the different rules and regulations, reading between the lines simply wouldn't wash in a court of law.

The farm workers or labourers we employ don't work 9 till 5, our cook doesn't work 9 till 5, our grooms and many more of our household staff work a variety of hours. The fact remains that if they are asked, on a regular basis to work above 48 hours per week, they have to sign an opt out.

However, the point made was about, guess what.... Catherine and as I presume she holds a 'normal' type job, the ordinary old 40 hour week would apply.

I've read on a newspaper that William'll ask to Kate to married him the next year but I don't believe them. but is it true?

people have been speculating about this for ages now sonohrina...it would be great if we could answer you one way or the other. the only people that can decide are catherine and william so we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Right so here's my question. Say they do get married will William be wearing the same outfit his father did when he married his mother or is that an option of what you want to wear.

What's with the random attacks on people's personal lives ? :( It's enough that we get snippy about someone who will never read this site (i.e. K. Middleton) but it's getting a little hostile in here.

Right so here's my question. Say they do get married will William be wearing the same outfit his father did when he married his mother or is that an option of what you want to wear.

William most likely will wear his military uniform like his father, grandfather and Uncle Andrew. Edward wore a suit, but his wedding was (fairly) low key for a son of a monarch. Also, his military activity was significantly less than the other men. I'm hoping to see a big royal wedding with all the trimmings for William. After all, he is a future king! :flowers:

Thanks, yes I do hope we see a very big wedding for William, he seems to be low key but just once I want something big and extravagant from him, I mean like you said he is future king so they shouldn't spare any cost on this one.

:previous:
I can understand why William would probably have a big wedding but I personally would like to see him and his bride (whoever she may be) get married in St. George's. It is such a beautiful church, there's something so very romantic about its architecture, but I guess it will St. Paul's or Westminster Abbey.

I don't imagine that St. George's could accomodate the number of people that protocol would require them to invite, unfortunately.

i think you're right about it being westminster or st. pauls. they're the only two places big enough not only to accommodate the guests but the media as well and the city would be able to handle crowds that would gather to see the procession to and from the wedding.

I don't like the idea of those 2 churches cause St. Paul's seems like all the wedding done there are doomed and Westminster Abbey reminds me of his mother's funeral but I do realize those are the only 2 that really hold everyone who will be invited. I know this sounds pathetic but I've already thought out what I may like the dress to look like.

I don't like the idea of those 2 churches cause St. Paul's seems like all the wedding done there are doomed and Westminster Abbey reminds me of his mother's funeral but I do realize those are the only 2 that really hold everyone who will be invited.

I'm really hoping for Westminster Abbey. I know it must hold memories of funerals for William -- not only Diana's but also the Queen Mother's -- but it really feels like the church of the royal family and the nation in London. It's likely William will be crowned in the Abbey, and it's held many happy occasions before (like his grandparents' and great-grandparents' wedding, for example). Sad as they are, funerals are just a part of the life of a church, and Westminster Abbey is no exception.

St. Paul's is majestic and grand, but I just don't know if a repeat of the famous wedding and carriage ride of 1981 is a good idea...

Yeah, I do realize that funerals are part of life but Diana's especially for me was just traumatic I mean as we all know young age had 2 young boys come to think of it I had never thought about the fact the Queen Mother's funeral was held there. As for weddings glad to hear his grandparents were married there hopefully the good luck will continue since the Duke and Queen have been happily married for so long. So if that's the case I wouldn't mind Westminster Abbey. St. Paul's like I said I think that church is bad luck when it comes to weddings. My biggest fear is that it won't get the attention from the public that Charles and Diana did cause really that's the thing I'm most excited about since we really haven't seen that much excitement in a while.

I am a little confused on this debate between Westminster and St. Paul's for William and Kate's possible future wedding? May be a tad off subject , but why has everyone seemed to have nixed St.Paul's immediately? So his parents were married there, other than that what is so wrong? I know that marriage was lets say not so well put together.... but that does not take away that it is a stunning church and for that brief moment in time the whole world was captivated and in love with the whole scene playing out. I know I would rather watch them get married there knowing how the last marriage ended, then watching them in Westminster thinking about Diana's funeral. I know the both churches have been there forever, and have seen many tragedies and happy endings, but the last few years they have both become know for a handful of things, the biggest being Diana's funeral at Westminster(for me anyway). Besides William and Kate are not Charles and Diana.

I really don't know why i care so much:ROFLMAO: I guess i just wanted to put it out there.:) Sorry it is off the MAIN subject..

I think it will be St Paul's and I don't have a problem with that. The reason I think it will be St Paul's is that Westminster Abbey just hasn't got the capacity for a wedding the size of Williams - which is why Charles had St Pauls in the first place.

Does William really need to have a big wedding? I can understand why Charles did, he is the heir but couldn't William a smaller, but larger than normal, wedding somewhere like St. George's? Do the British people want a large Royal wedding?

Does William really need to have a big wedding? I can understand why Charles did, he is the heir but couldn't William a smaller, but larger than normal, wedding somewhere like St. George's? Do the British people want a large Royal wedding?

I think it has to do with the number of people who would expect to be invited to the wedding of a future king: heads of state, British dignitaries, tons and tons of people. I don't think that William is at his leisure to choose to have a smaller wedding. His wedding's going to be a state occasion no matter what. Edward and Sophie didn't have to have the super-huge wedding, because Edward isn't expected to inherit -- he's too far down the line of succession. But William is expected to be king someday, like his father, so he's going to need to have the whole shebang.

And the British people certainly will want it, I think (and people around the globe). Most of them love William, and I think his wedding has the potential to be an even bigger phenomenon than his parents' was.

For me the reason why I said no to St. Paul's is due to me reading an article printed in Hello Magazine talked about how it's cursed when it comes to weddings bla bla kinda freaked me out, I'm a little paranoid when it comes to those things, but I'd rather William do St. Paul's and remember how happy his parents the whole world were for a split second rather then remember walking behind his mother and great grandmother's coffin at Westminster Abbey. I was watching Charles and Diana's wedding on youtube and I couldn't beleive how many people from around the world were invited. I think William is quite liked around the world and especially of lately here there has been great press intrest on a possible upcoming wedding so I can't imagine how it will be like when it actually happens so I'm pretty sure the world would like to see a grand wedding for him, plus he is future king...maybe not for a while but still.

I suppose there are pros and cons to both St Paul's and Westminster Abbey because of the memories they hold and/or the potential comparisons to be made. But if I had to guess, I'd put my money on W.A. as I believe William will want to avoid any comparisons to his parents' wedding. Besides, it wouldn't exactly be a reminder some members of the RF would be thrilled with.

Does it have to be St. Pauls OR Westminster Abbey? Would there there an alternate location large enough to accomodate a wedding as large as William's? That way, there is not bad memories or comparisons to his parents.

I am sure however it will be one of those.

^I heard that Kate prefered St. Pauls, she thought Westminster was too "dreary" or something, and William would probably not want his wedding in the same place as his mother's funeral (ie Westminster). I place my bet on St. Pauls.

Does it have to be St. Pauls OR Westminster Abbey? Would there there an alternate location large enough to accomodate a wedding as large as William's? That way, there is not bad memories or comparisons to his parents...

Well, since he will be king, I don't know of any other options. St George's is much smaller and I doubt it would be a popular choice with the public. Not that that should dictate it, but it is a factor for someone in William's position.

no, it was what a "friend" said, so not completely relieable, but I still think taht William might not like the memories in Westminster

Yes, Canterbury is lovely, but I doubt it would be taken out of London, wouldn't it?

I don't think they'd take it out of London. I don't think any other places have the capacity for as many people as would flood the area.

For various reasons, I think they have to go with Westminster or St. Paul's. I'd prefer St. Paul's myself (mainly because of the steps leading to the door), but I wouldn't mind Westminster Abbey so long as they don't put that hideous canopy outside like they did for Andrew and Sarah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom