The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Courtier

William WILL get married to Kate, MPs told | the Daily Mail

Old 03-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

God, look at the comments under the article. Why are people so nasty?

Old 03-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Because there are some really sick people out there, who were probably let out of the mental asylum for the day!

"Arthur Edwards - who has been honoured with the MBE by the Queen - told the MPs: "She's in love with Prince William. I'm sure one day they'll get married"

The statement by the warped photographer mentioned in the article, is the reason behind the headline! I just watched a short piece where this silly little man, Edwards, was speaking. Everybody in the room laughed when he said "I have spoken to William about this". Do we believe that William said anything to a reporter/photographer about Catherine..... No
Old 03-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

Well, in a world where Richard Kay is an unbiased source...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
I'm going to treat this as a rhetorical question because the answers are so obvious.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

The morning news shows in the USA are saying they think an engagement will be announced today or tomorrow. I'm not sure what they are basing this on. An indications in Britain?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I read something too... again...

William WILL get married to Kate, MPs told | News | This is London

A House of Commons select committee has heard that William, 24, had spoken openly about his plans.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaM.
William WILL get married to Kate, MPs told
The press is getting over-excited again. A photographer is quoted as saying to some MPs "I'm sure one day they'll get married." Any of us could have said that!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The press is getting over-excited again. A photographer is quoted as saying to some MPs "I'm sure one day they'll get married." Any of us could have said that!
Especially on considering the circumstances... A quote from the article:

"His comments emerged during questioning by MPs about the intrusion suffered by the Prince's girlfriend and the impact it could have on a future privacy law."

And that makes headlines like the one here: "William will get married to Kate, MPs are told" - when any reader must think in the first moment that MPs were told because parliament has to be told before an engement (at least that's what I believe to know, may be wrong, though...)
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Nobility

I think that what Arthur Edwards said was a generalization. He said in reference to Prince William:
"I have talked to him about that and he's made it clear... he wants to get married."
Well of course he does!! It's his duty to marry and beget heirs to the throne.

But I'm sure that when Prince William said that, he didn't mean next week, next month, or even any time this year. I hope the media doesn't recreate all of the engagement hysteria they were pushing on the public in November and December of last year.
We've had a little reprieve from all of that hoopla, it would be nice if it could continue.

I think Catherine is a nice young lady, and I'm sure that if or when they are ready, they'll make an announcement. I just don't think it will be this year. I certainly hope the press will realize that.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:52 AM

MSN UK News, Latest news bulletins from Reuters, UK, World, Sport, Business and Weather

William Hill have refused to take bets on the engagement after a flurry in the last 24 hours. This is rather like when a footman overhead William's name and put a bet on before it was announced scooping him a fortune before he was found out. Maybe this really is it. Personally I hope it is. Come on boy, pull your finger out!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Maybe this really is it. Personally I hope it is. Come on boy, pull your finger out!
That would be nice, then we could close this thread.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if this is a deliberate leak to take the press and public's attention away from the latest manoeuvrings by Mohamed Fayed about the Diana inquest.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Hey I was just wondering if the RF or anyone from the palace have commented on this! I mean all these allegations are a bit bold aren't they? I mean seriously, if I were William or any member of the BRF, I'd be pretty mad about all this... (but that's me)
Old 03-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh...I thought that it start again... but not this time.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Apparently there's been a denial from Clarence House, although certain elements of the press would probably take that as confirmation that something was up. You really can't win with some of these people.

Mind you, we only have one newspaper's word for it that this denial exists, so maybe that was made up too...
Old 03-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
I think that what Arthur Edwards said was a generalization. He said in reference to Prince William:
"I have talked to him about that and he's made it clear... he wants to get married."
Nowhere does Edwards say that William replied, just "he's made it clear". How did he make it clear, was it a grunt, the fact that he didn't have him taken to the tower.... what????
Williams' dislike of the media is well known, so I can't see him having a conversation regarding anything with this person from The Sun and from their reaction, nor could the MP's on the committee Edwards was being questioned by!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Probable it was like this that Edwards ask Will or someone from his side: does Will want get married ever? And reply was that he wants get married.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't believe people are takin this rumour seriousl. Does anybody actually think that William would be so indiscrete as to inform a photgrapher of his intentions?

I don't think an egagement is on the cards for a long time yet.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Nowhere does Edwards say that William replied, just "he's made it clear". How did he make it clear, was it a grunt, the fact that he didn't have him taken to the tower.... what????
Williams' dislike of the media is well known, so I can't see him having a conversation regarding anything with this person from The Sun and from their reaction, nor could the MP's on the committee Edwards was being questioned by!

Does parliament document with minutes everything that takes place in parliament? If so, is there a place where one can check what was discussed on a certain day, so about William & Kate that the public can read? The US Congress has such a place.

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press