The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Commoner

I really feel sorry and nervous for this girl regarding the media & paparazzi. I hope she has the fortitude to deal with it should this engagement/marriage occur!

Diane

Old 01-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Majesty

If you go to this link and scroll down the right hand side to the video section - the heading says William close to date or something like that.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/0,20295,,00.html

The piece says that William will 'pop' the question at the Diana concert or will introduce her as his future wife at that concert.

Personally I doubt if he would do it on that day - the concert to remember his mother is not the place to introduce his wife to the world IMO.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Courtier

The concert is in June, Prince William is 22. And this guy spoke to Kate 'close friends' And with that I stopped watching.

Well I guess we have our new 'target' date since the Christmas engagment didn't ahppen.

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
The concert is in June, Prince William is 22. And this guy spoke to Kate 'close friends' And with that I stopped watching.

Well I guess we have our new 'target' date since the Christmas engagment didn't ahppen.

I am so pleased that someone else got a laugh out of it.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Nobility

Prince William is actually 24, and he will be 25 this June, but I still think that he will not be announcing Catherine or anyone else as his future bride at the Concert for Diana! Talk about crass! I do think the members of the press have a vivid imagination.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks chrissy57. It is so funny, what do these reporters do when their exclusives don't come true.

I have exclusive news...... Prince William may one day get married and I can reveal, (exclusively) that no one yet knows when!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Thanks chrissy57. It is so funny, what do these reporters do when their exclusives don't come true.

I have exclusive news...... Prince William may one day get married and I can reveal, (exclusively) that no one yet knows when!

Now I wonder why the media don't report that!!

It wouldn't sell would it?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

But it was from an unnamed source!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Yet another article about the engagement. People can exclusively reveal the date of the marriage, no less (and of course, it has some reference to the wedding of Charles and Diana).

WILLS & KATE NAME THE DAY: JULY 2008

Prince William will marry girlfriend Kate Middleton in July 2008, The People can reveal. That is the same month his mother Princess Diana wed Prince Charles in 1981.
William, now 24, had said he had no intention of getting hitched until he was at least 28. But advisers have convinced him that a delay would be grossly unfair on Kate, 25.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

I don't see the unfairness for Kate, because a lot of couples have long relationships before settling down (like prince Carl Philip).
Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon

Prince William will marry girlfriend Kate Middleton in July 2008, The People can reveal. That is the same month his mother Princess Diana wed Prince Charles in 1981.

Of course they can! Wasn't this rag, one of the ones that 'revealed' the new year proposal or was it christmas?
Old 02-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Of course they can! Wasn't this rag, one of the ones that 'revealed' the new year proposal or was it christmas?
And don't forget the 'expected' engagement announcment during the concert!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
And don't forget the 'expected' engagement announcment during the concert!
Hello, does any tabloid journalist read this? I´ll give you the next headline:
It will happen at Williams 25th birthday, i´m sure....
Old 02-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why never ever in one of the tabloid the theory is mentioned that Catherine and William simply are modern people who have an agenda and go through with it.

And why not? It's not romantic, but why should they be when it is much more comfortable the other way round? They at the moment can have their cake and eat it. Catherine enjoys the pleasurable part of the prince's lifestyle without having to bother with the official duties - we learned several times that they could use some of the Royal haunts for weekends (In Balmoral and Sandringham) and who wants to see the future in-laws on a daily basis anyway? The paparazzi are mainly kept at bay at the moment, that will change once the engagement is confirmed. So the only thing Catherine is missing is the title and the curtseys - well, things like that can wait, can't they, when you're still young. Same for babies.... And if - if! - the house Charles is building at the moment at Harewood Park really is for them, they have all the time in the world to tell Charles and the constructors how they want it without having the interior editor of each mag in the world on their future doorstep for a look inside. I'd do it the same way, really!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Courtier

A spokeswoman for William said: "We don't have anything to say on speculation of this kind."

That is the most important sentence in the whole stupid article. They don't have anything to say because there will be no wedding at this time. These tabloids are really getting on my nerves.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Nobility

What I find even more interesting is that there was no absolute denial that there is any truth to the rumor. A simple "Prince William will not be getting engaged or married to Kate Middleton this year or next, and there is absolutely no basis for these rumors, which are completely false" would suffice and put a stop to the fever pitch of these stories -- for this year anyway. But oh yeah, they don't comment on the princes' private lives. Not even to put a stop to the torture that William and his girlfriend needlessly endure because of this stupid and pigheaded rule.

William's obvious off-the-cuff remark that he wouldn't be getting married until he is 28 or 30, spoken like a kid with no conception of 28 or 30 years of age and no clue as to what or whom he would be involved with in the future is probably Exhibit A as to why he should have kept his mouth shut back then.

So if his statement is as true now as it was then, he can easily and emphatically deny these engagement stories through his spokesmen for this extraordinary circumstance or he can reiterate that infamous statement on the slopes or piste or whatever it's called. What are they waiting for??? Sure it might be humilitating to Kate, but she has the last laugh because she knows she'll eventually marry William barring her jumping up and doing the funky chicken in front of the Queen and Prince Phillip.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
William's obvious off-the-cuff remark that he wouldn't be getting married until he is 28 or 30, spoken like a kid with no conception of 28 or 30 years of age and no clue as to what or whom he would be involved with in the future is probably Exhibit A as to why he should have kept his mouth shut back then.
He probably said it because he couldn't imagine getting married then. Now he can imagine getting married and so his words are a lot more circumspect.

Ah well, I don't foresee any real problem unless he does as his father did and his 28th birthday comes by with no wife and no girlfriend to speak of.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Aristocracy

I would find it odd if William married before his cousins--Zara and Peter Phillips. But if he did, I could understand why. If the Queen remains healthy, which its in her genes to do, until her mid-90s. I think an early marriage would suit him because William can settle into married life with Kate without the added pressures of royal duties. They could enjoy themselves while Charles and Camilla globe trot as the Prince and Princess of Wales fulling all of the royal commitments that William and Kate will someday inherit. I think William would found married life while young and without the serious obligation to duty hovering over head.

He should simple enjoy the "relative" peace with whom I suspect is his future bride while he can. Because the longer William waits the closer he gets to the end of days for grandma and daddy which equates to up-coming obligation to duty and service. Which I feel William has gotten by with relative ease thus far (and Harry).
Old 02-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Nobility

Excellent points Akilah and Ysbel.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
originally posted by Luv2Cruise
What I find even more interesting is that there was no absolute denial that there is any truth to the rumor. A simple "Prince William will not be getting engaged or married to Kate Middleton this year or next, and there is absolutely no basis for these rumors, which are completely false" would suffice and put a stop to the fever pitch of these stories -- for this year anyway.
Actually I don't think this would help the William and Kate rumors at all unfortunately. I follow the Monaco family a lot and Prince Albert did just what you suggested above. To stop the rumors that he was going to marry his companion Charlene Wittstock, he went on worldwide television and declared he had NO INTENTIONS on marry in the near or distanct future.

So what was the result? a slew of magazines covers that said, 3 reasons why there will definitely be a marriage between the two and that the Prince was only trying to protect her from the media, they want it to be a surprise, and a bunch of other nonsense like that.

So if the palace or Prince William himself were to try to deny the rumors of an upcoming engagment to Kate, the opposite effect would happen and it would fuel the rumors even more so.

Tabloids will find whatever it takes to sell their magazine, they would event some reason for the denial as a confirmation that an engagment will take place soon. I know its funny but that seems to be how it works.

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press