The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Royal Highness

Kate, the princess in waiting
Kate, the princess in waiting | Herald Sun

another page
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...wedding_wonder

Old 12-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As the Queen has to give consent to the marriage (and if she doesn't then William can appeal to Parliament and then wait a year) and there has been speculation about a marriage for a number of years now, is it really conceivable that the Queen hasn't spoken to Kate at all at this point?

Do any of you think it is possible for the Queen to give her consent to a marriage without getting to know the future wife of her heir's heir?

I don't.

If the Queen hasn't spoken to Kate then engagement rumours aren't even justified at this point as no permission from the Queen means no engagement for at least a year.
Exactly, if the Queen hasn´t met her to speak with her forget about an engagement for a long long time.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Royal Highness

Gosh 109 pages and no ring yet!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Courtier

Has any one ever seen the little gold band kate wears on her middle finger? Diana used to wear one simillar on her pinky finger ... not to get off the subject,,,but it is about rings...lol
Old 12-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

110 pages,Auntie
Are you sure,Lady Ann?Do you realise where you are getting us into?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Courtier

No I was just asking? I Have NO clue if it is or not just wondering if any one else ever noticed that ring she wears it often she also wears a white gold one on the other hand. People are always over looking the little things that are right in front of the faces...did not mean to get us into something unpleasent.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Royal Highness

I understood what you meant,I'm just saying that now that you gave us this idea,you're getting us into more and more gossip and speculation...ha ha...
Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Diana's Rings 5th pic down plain gold ban....guess i feel like being a fool today ... sometimes I can come off as wise!!!!!!! lol I'll look for the one of kate wearing the ring .... speculation as it is what would be so wrong with it giving your girlfriend of six years a ring of your mothers that no one would notice...
Old 12-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

Now we need a close-up picture of Kate's hand...at least me...(speaking of wise people) believe me,Lady Ann,I never noticed Nikolaos of Greece had blue eyes and I was supposed to like him
Old 12-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Courtier

I will keep looking like I said it was just a question and she wears that gold band very often. but it could very well be her grandmothers or something like that .... just odd that they look so simillar ... who knows William my never love anyone enough to let them size and/or wear Diana's rings....
Old 12-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

You have very good eyes Lady Ann, I have never noticed. but I did notice those big baby blue eyes Iakynthi!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Do you think it could be the same ring, Menarue? it would be something? WOULDN'T IT?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Courtier

After a cursory web search, I found the following photo of Kate with her hand fairly visible:
http://www.sawf.org/Newsphotos/Fashi...15Aug2008B.jpg

Diana's band looks like it has more detail to it (at the side of her finger) but Kate's looks completely straight -- unless of course she has it turned around or something. Somehow I doubt they are the same, but it would be interesting if they were!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Nobility

Great picture! Ha ha! No, that's not the same ring.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that she's a beautiful girl as well. She's not so glamourous as to seem totally unapproachable, but she's beautiful in a 'pretty' way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Can I just say that she's a beautiful girl or you'll beat me up?
Old 12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, you know....thinking cap on now...Diana had fairly large hands (she had a generally large frame), and so I think that perhaps a ring that she wore on her pinky could be worn by Kate on her middle finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Has any one ever seen the little gold band kate wears on her middle finger? Diana used to wear one simillar on her pinky finger ... not to get off the subject,,,but it is about rings...lol
Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Yes, looks like you are right windsorgirl, but they still look simillar..
Old 12-31-2008, 01:12 AM
Gentry

Someone may have already posted this, but Woman's Day have this article on their website: link

I had bit of a guffaw over it. . . it's so pathetic it's funny. . .
Old 12-31-2008, 09:24 AM

The Queen and Kate

Regarding the questions of whether the Queen has met Kate, in Christopher Anderson's latest book (After Diana), there is a picture of the Queen talking to Kate.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Courtier

I can NOT believe that Mrs Middleton actually said this to any one.... or should I say I would be shocked. Why Now? You are right it is pathetic but I don't think it is funny....IMO because if you had nothing to say for six years why speak now when it can only damage Kate?? Personally I think that the relationship is strong and life as normal for them... (what ever Normal means) but all this rubbish coming from the Middleton Mother makes you think is she worried or is this false or could she be trying to save face? I gues we will see soon ... At least I would hope that we would because I like them together and they might just date for 10 years before they marry at least if the do they will be sure .. either way ...Happy New year every one

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press