The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

... and disappointment also rests with those (well, one in particular) who were predicting a Christmas breakup.
No news is good news or bad news, depending on one's perspective.
The ship of Kate appears to continue the course of 'steady as she goes'.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
... and disappointment also rests with those (well, one in particular) who were predicting a Christmas breakup.
Well said.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, mind you, the twelve days of Christmas don't end till 5 or 6 January (depending on how you count them).
Old 12-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

If that "dig" was meant for me I have always said "wait and see" now let me word that a different way, there is already someone waiting so I will just see.
The ship is on a steady course but let us hope no one gets seasick.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Happy New Waiting Year, Kate! Wouldn't it be a great story if Mr and Mrs Waiting, Kate & Daniel Westling, met up at a private royal gathering ... they would make the perfect couple, waiting for the other person to make the first move until they are old and grey.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Very well said, as usual from Warren.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
If that "dig" was meant for me...
It most certainly was NOT directed at you and it's unfortunate that you thought it was, or may have been.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

Is this the longest thread ever on this board?! G.G.! I wish the couple would just get engaged soon so I don't have to scroll to Page 2009.

(I know it's just a thought. But wouldn't it be a nice change!)
Old 12-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Happy New Waiting Year, Kate! Wouldn't it be a great story if Mr and Mrs Waiting, Kate & Daniel Westling, met up at a private royal gathering ... they would make the perfect couple, waiting for the other person to make the first move until they are old and grey.
That's funny! I wish that would happen. Another waiting year, what only six more to go!
Old 12-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Commoner

now there's a good reason for wills and kate to get married: just to make people at The Royal Forums content, and avoid reaching the dreaded 2000+ pages in this particular thread...somebody pls contact the office at Clarence House at once

Old 12-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Majesty

I agree whole-heartedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplusw2000 View Post
now there's a good reason for wills and kate to get married: just to make people at The Royal Forums content, and avoid reaching the dreaded 2000+ pages in this particular thread...somebody pls contact the office at Clarence House at once

Old 12-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can just picture the scene:

William: Granny - Kate and I wish to get married.

QEII: Why now? I thought you had agreed to wait until you had finished in the SAR.

William: Well I was reading the 'William and Kate: Engagement and Relationship Rumours and Musings' thread on 'The Royal Forums' (you know granny the really really good one about us) and they said they couldn't wait any longer so we have to do it now.

QEII: And what did your father say to that?

William: He agreed - he likes the forums too because many of them there like Camilla and he feels that we owe it to our loyal followers to do what they want.

QEII: Well, if that is what The Royal Forums want then so be it. I will tell the PM next time we have a conversation that I have given my consent and we will arrange a wedding for next year.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whatever happen to Karagiozis?? The two weeks have passed a long time ago........I am still waiting......(That is a lie) I am not waiting. I would actually be very surprised if anything is announced anytime soon.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Nobility

Oh, gosh, I wish this message board had rep power because I'd rep you a lot for this very amusing post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I can just picture the scene:

William: Granny - Kate and I wish to get married.

QEII: Why now? I thought you had agreed to wait until you had finished in the SAR.

William: Well I was reading the 'William and Kate: Engagement and Relationship Rumours and Musings' thread on 'The Royal Forums' (you know granny the really really good one about us) and they said they couldn't wait any longer so we have to do it now.

QEII: And what did your father say to that?

William: He agreed - he likes the forums too because many of them there like Camilla and he feels that we owe it to our loyal followers to do what they want.

QEII: Well, if that is what The Royal Forums want then so be it. I will tell the PM next time we have a conversation that I have given my consent and we will arrange a wedding for next year.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Majesty

What is "rep power"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Oh, gosh, I wish this message board had rep power because I'd rep you a lot for this very amusing post!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Whatever happen to Karagiozis?? The two weeks have passed a long time ago........I am still waiting......(That is a lie) I am not waiting. I would actually be very surprised if anything is announced anytime soon.
I think that if anything is to change in William and Kate's relationship, it will surely happen when all of us least expect it.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 12-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Majesty

Yes...I think that it'll be like Edward and Sophie's announcement. Just out of the blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I think that if anything is to change in William and Kate's relationship, it will surely happen when all of us least expect it.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's great that they clearly want to wait until they're 100% ready and committed to each other before taking such a serious step, especially in light of his family's issues with marriage.

That being said, how much of the situation in both William/Kate and Victoria/Daniel is chalked up to taking ones time out of deference and just plain not knowing what you want?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
They are probably waiting until posters on the RF stop speculating!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
They are probably waiting until posters on the RF stop speculating!

that might take more than a few hundred more pages of speculation

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press