The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

Check out the Daily Mail. I think given her reputation it would of been wiser for them to have one privately.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
Check out the Daily Mail. I think given her reputation it would of been wiser for them to have one privately.
Thanks, Kezza. Found the article:
Late night date for Kate Middleton and her Prince (but what's with the beard, William?) | Mail Online

Well, it is still ok at least to me, if someone goes occasionally partying. And we have not seen much of Catherine out and about throughout the last months.

If only she would pay more attention to what she is wearing. The blue color is great, but one of the pics shows a bit too much of her bra

Old 12-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
No, you are not right to assume that. What I was saying was that if she wanted to give to charity she could have done it in many other ways. By the way was it Kate who organised the party? I didnt know that. I dont know if the charity fund raiser was because she wanted a party or not, I hope not because I think that is despicable.
Perhaps she gives to charity separately, and that is not plastered across the Daily Mail - I don't knwo the facts, and I would be surprised if anybody else in the public domain would. Surely organising a fund raiser, which by definition goes beyond what one is contributing oneself, cannot be a bad thing in itself.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
Thankfully the Daily Mail does not set out the rule son how one must live ones life! This is the first time in many months that Kate and William have been seen out at a social occassion. Its perfectly nortmal in the run up to Christmas for most people, young and old in the UK, to be out for a jolly a few times.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

I think those new pictures belong to the current events thread. I wait with trepidation our for Greek friend's insider explanation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
One has to recognise that if the girl steps out of her home to buy a newspaper, her pictures whilst doing so appear in the press the next morning - like it or not, that is the situation.
Photographers were invited within the premises and allowed to stay during the proceedings, this was not the case of media intrusion: in that instance, the attention was courted.
Quote:
I have always held the view that holding a charity event has a two fold objective: a) raise some funding, and b) increase awareness for the cause being supported. It may be possible to do a) without the press, but you certainly need them for b)!!!
Yes that is the theory, but in practice, it hardly ever works.
Those glitzy events, because of their very nature, get the 'Hello' treatment: you get details about the guest list, the menu, the ladies' fashion, the gossip, maybe the amount of money that was raised. If you're lucky, somewhere buried beneath that pool of glitz, you get the name of the charity, which you will have forgot by the end of the article. They're treated as social events, because that's exactly was they are.
Can you honestly tell me that you can remember what was the name of that boy or the charity from the disco thing without looking it up? Do people even care? It is actually not rare for guests at those swanky event to be confused about why they're here. Those kind of events are about the worst way possible to bring attention to a cause.

I am able to remember on top of my head that Diana walked in a field rigged with anti-personal mines, that Camilla did a heartfelt speech on osteoporosis, that William went to meet and talk with homeless youth in a Centerpoint shelter: those are effective ways to bring about attention to a worthy cause because you're actually very likely to remember both the event and the issue.
In general rule, if you keep the fluff and the glam to a bare minimum, the point gets across.

I highly doubt anyone on the UK was moved to make a donation by pictures of privileged teenagers having fun in trashy 80s gears (a most undignified way to honor a dead friend's memory, imo, but that's another issue), so I stand by my point that is was totally gratuitous to involve the media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
I just think that it is very strange to think someone should be "bashed" for organizing a party to raise money, every little helps and all that.
If that's all or most of what she does, then it will be very little indeed. And that's the point I am trying to make.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Perhaps she gives to charity separately, and that is not plastered across the Daily Mail - I don't knwo the facts, and I would be surprised if anybody else in the public domain would. Surely organising a fund raiser, which by definition goes beyond what one is contributing oneself, cannot be a bad thing in itself.
Organising a charity event for many people makes them feel good without having to put in much money themselves, they are there to make everyone else donate..... then perhaps I am wrong. There is nothing like getting other people to spend their money for a good cause, and she must have been feeling a bit sensitive about the criticism she was getting and as she knows royals are expected to do charity work voila!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Courtier

William and Kate Out on the Town ..18 Dec 08

Great to see them out and about again .... lovely to see these new pictures of togetherness. Let everyone write what they like about this relationship breakup or otherwise I am just going to quietly play the waiting game and see what William has to say about all these supposed breakup rumours. I think they look really happy together and their personal timetable/agenda is running along nicely towards their long-term future plans together.

The bumper Xmas edition of Hello Magazine is out on Tuesday 23rd December ... did I hear someone say there is to be a special article on the couple? Anyway I will check the Magazine out on Tuesday.

Very interesting article about William (and Kate) in the January 2009 issue of Majesty Magazine which has just arrived by post.

February issue will be all about Camilla's Jewel Box!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
If only she would pay more attention to what she is wearing. The blue color is great, but one of the pics shows a bit too much of her bra
The media lay in wait to take the most uncompromising picture possible. The dress looked fine from what we could see and even an ordinary blouse can be made to look trashy taken from the wrong angle.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The media lay in wait to take the most uncompromising picture possible. The dress looked fine from what we could see and even an ordinary blouse can be made to look trashy taken from the wrong angle.
Quite right. Does not look like a revealing or inappropriate dress to me
Old 12-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

[quote=Idriel;869460]Those kind of events are about the worst way possible to bring attention to a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
I am able to remember on top of my head that Diana walked in a field rigged with anti-personal mines, that Camilla did a heartfelt speech on osteoporosis, that William went to meet and talk with homeless youth in a Centerpoint shelter: those are effective ways to bring about attention to a worthy cause because you're actually very likely to remember both the event and the issue.
You are absolutely right, and if Kate marries William, I am sure she will do her bit as well. As of now, she is a private citizen, working for her parents. If she organises a charity event in her spare time, I really do not think she is doing anything wrong - but thats just my view
Old 12-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Quite right. Does not look like a revealing or inappropriate dress to me
Kate looks the same as she has done for years and that's no different from thousands of other girls hitting the town for party. http://i43.tinypic.com/301diq9.jpg

Some might call it sloppy etc because especially on the way home and after some drinks etc the dress usually looks displaced or the hair looks unkempt but that's just business as usual for a british night out.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:52 AM

The dress is a pretty color but with those boots, and the sloppy way it fits her in this pic, it looks bad. If she had just picked better footwear (NOT those knee boots!!) it might look quite a bit better. Sometimes she just kills an outfit with her boots. Just absolutely sinks it.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Love the color on Kate. And I won't blame her for paparazzi who are trying their best to take pictures from unflattering angles.

Seems to me that this business about her "reputation" is pretty silly at this point. This is the first time she's been photographed out at a London club since August, if I remember correctly. Twice in four months! What a party animal!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 12-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

Can we believe this?

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/new-...stmas-joy:wub:
Old 12-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

New Idea occasionally gets it right (breaking -- irresponsibly -- the story of Harry's service in Afghanistan, for one), but I'm not sure I'd put much stock in this one. Could be that something like this is in the works, but these kinds of "imminent engagement" stories are published all the time.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 12-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
New Idea occasionally gets it right (breaking -- irresponsibly -- the story of Harry's service in Afghanistan, for one), but I'm not sure I'd put much stock in this one. Could be that something like this is in the works, but these kinds of "imminent engagement" stories are published all the time.
I can hope a little bit. It would be wonderful to see them marry in 2009. Something wonderful to look forward too. I hope the New Idea has a scope.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
This link is no longer working.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Courtier

Kate and Wills secret Christmas joy - New Idea

Here's another link to the story mentioned above. This one worked for me.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you, windsorgirl.

So Kate has been invited for Christmas...again...
Old 12-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Wasn't New Idea the magazine that said Kate was pregnant or thought she was pregnant? I don't think I would trust them very much.

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press