The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 06:39 PM

I'd like to know who will make the announcement, Buckingham Palace or maybe just Clarence House since Will isn't yet first in line? And what will Kate wear to the press conference and how will she have a chance to shop for it without everyone guessing? And how much notice of an impending announcement will we get?

Oh, the drama. It's better than Celebrity Big Brother

Old 01-07-2007, 06:49 PM

Clarence House will announce any engagement and then Buckingham Palace will announce how pleased the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are. Any announcement will come pretty much out of the blue.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison20
Pr Charles was bounced into marrying Diana - and look what a disaster that was.
That "disaster" produced 2 fine sons and gave the British monarchy some much needed PR sparkle. Plus Diana set a standard for charitable empathy and concern for the British public. It wasn't all a disaster.
:::::::::::::
Old 01-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhontella
That "disaster" produced 2 fine sons and gave the British monarchy some much needed PR sparkle. Plus Diana set a standard for charitable empathy and concern for the British public. It wasn't all a disaster.
:::::::::::::

No, it wasn't all a disaster, but I think what the poster was talking about was the fact that marriage was not happy and that it ended in divorce. From a purely marital standpoint, it was a disaster and I'm sure it's something that William and Harry want to avoid in their own marriages, but especially William's.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
From a purely marital standpoint, it was a disaster and I'm sure it's something that William and Harry want to avoid in their own marriages, but especially William's.
I'm sure if William and Harry approach their marriages with a modicum of integrity and honesty, the chances are everything will be OK.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

While integrity and honesty on both sides are very helpful in a marriage, they don't compensate for a marriage between essentially incompatible people. Neither William not Harry should be rushed into marriage because the press has decided to exploit the situation for financial gain.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhontella
I'm sure if William and Harry approach their marriages with a modicum of integrity and honesty, the chances are everything will be OK.

I agree with that as well. But like Elspeth said, if William and his bride [whoever she ends up to be] just don't work together, and we all know a couple that loves each other but can't be together, it would be a disaster. Then again, they may choose to fight it out and keep up appearances, but William doesn't strike me as the sort who would do that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
While integrity and honesty on both sides are very helpful in a marriage, they don't compensate for a marriage between essentially incompatible people.
Once 2 people like each other well enough to get married, then they'd better put their "essentially incompatible" nonsense aside, and make up their minds to get along, especially when children are involved. It's all a process of learning and growth in tolerance and acceptance. The hardship overcome then leads to spiritual evolving. Throwing in the towel and taking the easy way out can and often does lead to generations of dysfunctional families.
:::::::::::::::::
Old 01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Commoner

I just wanted to thank all of the members who have been posting articles or pictures or news regarding William and/or Kate on these boards, no matter what the news is in regard to. I know I would never seen any of this stuff if it weren't for you! I'm having a good time enjoying the anticipation of a potential royal wedding sometime in the future, whether it be Kate or not. Just wanted to say hello and thanks!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Precisely why William should marry who he wants, when he wants. I am more than 100% certain he doesn't want his marriage going down the same road that his parents' marriage did.
William knows his duty and I think he will make the right decision when the time comes. There is no rush for him to get married right now and he understands the importance of making a careful choice.

The press is just speculating.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Royal Highness

I think, from what I've read here and other articles, Kate has a great potential to become a great consort for William. She seems to be calm, she is aware of her position and how it affects him, and she seems to deal with the pesky paparazzis without making much of a fuzz or showing temper. So far so good for passing the test of fire, the army of paparazzis.
And most of all, there seems to be a genuine love and caring relationship between those two, Williams and Kate. Maybe is the age, maybe their upbringing, who knows, but they form a good team.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysamos
I just wanted to thank all of the members who have been posting articles or pictures or news regarding William and/or Kate on these boards, no matter what the news is in regard to. I know I would never seen any of this stuff if it weren't for you! I'm having a good time enjoying the anticipation of a potential royal wedding sometime in the future, whether it be Kate or not. Just wanted to say hello and thanks!
Hello Izzysamos, Welcome to the forums!
Old 01-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I agree with WindsorIII. I wish people would leave this pair alone, to do whatever they need to do. Pushing royals into marriage hasn't worked particularly well with the young Windsors.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Gentry

I don't think William feels like he is being pushed into getting engaged or they would have already done it. I do think you have to be great friends first to make a marriage work and I think they have already proved that they are friends. Charles and Diana did not have time to even see if they were compatible before they married. I believe that is why he and Camilla seem to make such a good team. I think William will take his time and will know what he is doing when he gets engaged and to whom.

Lily
Old 01-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Nobility

Somehow Kate reminds me of Mary Donaldson...calm and discreet. Winning combination for royal brides.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
Somehow Kate reminds me of Mary Donaldson...calm and discreet.
She lacks Mary's radiant smile somehow.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
She lacks Mary's radiant smile somehow.
Marg, radiance will be bestowed if and when she becomes a Princess.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Marg, radiance will be bestowed if and when she becomes a Princess.
Aha! Cynicism or optimism ..... ene meeny miny mo!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Commoner

It must be hard dating a prince.
All the new reports would make my head hurt.

He will ask when he is ready. Writing about it must
be hard on her.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Gentry

Well she had better get used to it if they do marry.

Lily

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press