Princes William & Harry: Visit to Botswana, Lesotho & South Africa - June 14-19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William & Prince Harry to visit Botswana, Lesotho & South Africa in June 2010.

Prince William and Prince Harry will visit Botswana , Lesotho and South Africa from Monday 14th to Saturday 19th June 2010. The visit will be the first time that The Princes have carried out joint engagements overseas.

The Princes’ visit to South Africa is on behalf of The Football Association, of which Prince William is President, in support of The FA’s Bid to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Prince William and Prince Harry will join a reception to celebrate the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa , where they will meet members of the FIFA Executive Committee. The Princes will attend the match between England and Algeria.

The Prince of Wales - Prince William and Prince Harry to visit Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa in June 2010

^^
Thank you ghost night! What a wonderful interview! William did a nice job.
Looking forward to this visit and seeing them working together. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good interview!

That would be nice to see them both together on an official trip.

Can't wait to hear the brotherly humour at each other's expense.:lol: But seriously, it'll be quite interesting to see them working as a team. We could see clues as to how they'll work together in the future, when their royal roles become more high-profile.:flowers:

Apart from going to SA for the World Cup and Harry because of his charity organization in Lesotho, why are they going to Botswana? No doubt these two will enjoy themselves taking the mickey out of each. A trip to look forward to.

Just watched the video of William's interview. It was fantastic! He looks much more relaxed and confident than he used to giving interviews. There's some nice footage of Africa too. Looking forward to seeing them together on this trip.

This makes sense. If they crashed together, Beatrice would be Queen.:ermm:

This has been the case for generations. I remember when Charles came to Australia in 1970 he couldn't travel on the same flights as the Queen for that very reason the and the same when he went to Canada for the 1976 Games he had to fly separately to his mother.

When the Queen Mother died special permission was given for the boys to fly back to Britain with their father.

The ruling is that the heir and the monarch can't fly together or the heir and his heir but to go as far as the heir and the spare, when there are other heirs is over the top in my opinion and simply wasting taxpayers money but then it is British taxpayers and they have plenty to spend...

Taxpayers aren't paying for the flights. Even if they were, I think it's possible (just guessing) that they'll be flying commercially, so the cost difference wouldn't too great I'd think. And anyways, it looks like it's in the middle of Harry's trip to Africa, so he'd have to come separately regardless.

William's return flight from London to Africa will be paid for by the FA, while Harry is to pay for his return flight himself because the tour comes in the middle of an African holiday he is due to take with his girlfriend Chelsy Davy.

Taxpayers aren't paying for the flights. Even if they were, I think it's possible (just guessing) that they'll be flying commercially, so the cost difference wouldn't too great I'd think. And anyways, it looks like it's in the middle of Harry's trip to Africa, so he'd have to come separately regardless.

What about the hangers-on = advisers etc? Tht is where the true costs are.

I'm sure we won't be paying for the hangers on either.
But it's the same in the majority of european royal countries. :)

Wm. did a terrific job with the sit-down interview. What a world of difference from the one he did in 2007 for the Diana concert. He's improved so much! Kudos to him. :clap:

It makes perfect sense to have them fly separately. Why take unnecessary chances. I don't want Beatrice as my queen. :nonono:

The more I see of Beatrice the more I like her and when I compare her to William's public skills at the same age she is way ahead.

Historically Queen's have been better than Kings - e.g. Elizabeth I, Victoria and Elizabeth II so Queen Beatrice wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I disagree. I much prefer William. Besides then we'd have to put up with annoying Fergie.

The more I see of Beatrice the more I like her and when I compare her to William's public skills at the same age she is way ahead.

Historically Queen's have been better than Kings - e.g. Elizabeth I, Victoria and Elizabeth II so Queen Beatrice wouldn't be such a bad thing.

And maybe you will get one as Isabel II of Spain :whistling:

I thought that PW has good public skills, didn't he do a great job in the Australian visit?

I don't think that having Beatrice as Queen would be an awful thing, except perhaps for Beatrice...to be fourth in line to the throne and then be bumped up to second would be traumatic.

I am not comparing Beatrice to William NOW but Willam aged 21 to Beatrice aged 21 and she is streets ahead with the public side of life.
How William went in Australia is irrelevant to a comparison with Beatrice at the age of 21 as he is years older than she is now.

Let's not get too carried away. I'm pretty sure Beatrice will never see the throne in her lifetime.

The same number of people could accompany William and Harry, irrespective of whether they went on one flight or two - so I am afaid, IMO, your argument in relation to costs is spurious.

I am not comparing Beatrice to William NOW but Willam aged 21 to Beatrice aged 21 and she is streets ahead with the public side of life.

How William went in Australia is irrelevant to a comparison with Beatrice at the age of 21 as he is years older than she is now.

I was just surprised that you questioned his public skills, I really thought that he was good with the press when he needs to, of course, as I know that he is not very fond of them. :ermm:

I was just surprised that you questioned his public skills, I really thought that he was good with the press when he needs to, of course, as I know that he is not very fond of them. :ermm:

His public skills are ok now but at 21 (the age Beatrice is now) they were awful.

She is far better now than what he was then. That is the comparison I am making.

I am not questioning his skills now, which are satisfactory and nothing more, but rather where he was 7 years ago. If she is way better now than he was then the chances are that in 7 years she will still be way better then what he is now.

The same number of people could accompany William and Harry, irrespective of whether they went on one flight or two - so I am afaid, IMO, your argument in relation to costs is spurious.

Not true - if they travel together they will only need one set of advisers for instance with who they are meeting etc on arrival but with travelling separately they will need two sets to tell them separately the background etc on arrival.

Not true - if they travel together they will only need one set of advisers for instance with who they are meeting etc on arrival but with travelling separately they will need two sets to tell them separately the background etc on arrival.

Well they share a private secretary so whose he going to fly with?
They have a certain number of staff and security for them don't they?
Why don't you just split that number down the middle and then they can all fly with no extra cost?
I'm sure they should know who they are meeting on the ground, before they set off. Just being taught on the plane is a bit stupid.
Watch them get out of the plane together when they land?

From the announcement of the trip to Southern Africa we're 4 days and 2 pages in and the discussion has veered off onto 'Beatrice as Queen', arguments over how the support staff should travel (and with whom), and even a mention of Isabel II of Spain (reigned 1833-1868).

It's probably best that we re-open the thread closer to the event.

If there is further news on the visit before it takes place, post it in the Wills or Harry current events threads and the mods will move the posts over.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom