The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

William & Harry's visit to Botswana, Lesotho & South Africa 14-19 June 2010

The Prince of Wales - Prince William and Prince Harry to visit Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa in June 2010

Old 05-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William & Prince Harry to visit Botswana, Lesotho & South Africa in June 2010.

Prince William and Prince Harry will visit Botswana , Lesotho and South Africa from Monday 14th to Saturday 19th June 2010. The visit will be the first time that The Princes have carried out joint engagements overseas.

The Princes’ visit to South Africa is on behalf of The Football Association, of which Prince William is President, in support of The FA’s Bid to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Prince William and Prince Harry will join a reception to celebrate the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa , where they will meet members of the FIFA Executive Committee. The Princes will attend the match between England and Algeria.

The Prince of Wales - Prince William and Prince Harry to visit Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa in June 2010

Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^
Thank you ghost night! What a wonderful interview! William did a nice job.
Looking forward to this visit and seeing them working together.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Good interview!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

That would be nice to see them both together on an official trip.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Can't wait to hear the brotherly humour at each other's expense. But seriously, it'll be quite interesting to see them working as a team. We could see clues as to how they'll work together in the future, when their royal roles become more high-profile.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Courtier

Apart from going to SA for the World Cup and Harry because of his charity organization in Lesotho, why are they going to Botswana? No doubt these two will enjoy themselves taking the mickey out of each. A trip to look forward to.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^
This article is by William's private secretary taken from the royal family's website and explains about their upcoming trip.
The Prince of Wales - Statement by Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Private Secretary to Prince William and Prince Harry about the forthcoming visit to South Africa, Botswana and Lesotho
Old 05-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just watched the video of William's interview. It was fantastic! He looks much more relaxed and confident than he used to giving interviews. There's some nice footage of Africa too. Looking forward to seeing them together on this trip.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Express.co.uk is reporting that Harry and William cannot fly together on their joint tour to Africa next month. It is said to be risky. For safety reason, they will take separate flights.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Princes William and Harry banned from flying together on joint tour
Old 05-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

This makes sense. If they crashed together, Beatrice would be Queen.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Majesty

This has been the case for generations. I remember when Charles came to Australia in 1970 he couldn't travel on the same flights as the Queen for that very reason the and the same when he went to Canada for the 1976 Games he had to fly separately to his mother.

When the Queen Mother died special permission was given for the boys to fly back to Britain with their father.

The ruling is that the heir and the monarch can't fly together or the heir and his heir but to go as far as the heir and the spare, when there are other heirs is over the top in my opinion and simply wasting taxpayers money but then it is British taxpayers and they have plenty to spend...
Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Taxpayers aren't paying for the flights. Even if they were, I think it's possible (just guessing) that they'll be flying commercially, so the cost difference wouldn't too great I'd think. And anyways, it looks like it's in the middle of Harry's trip to Africa, so he'd have to come separately regardless.

Quote:
William's return flight from London to Africa will be paid for by the FA, while Harry is to pay for his return flight himself because the tour comes in the middle of an African holiday he is due to take with his girlfriend Chelsy Davy.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Taxpayers aren't paying for the flights. Even if they were, I think it's possible (just guessing) that they'll be flying commercially, so the cost difference wouldn't too great I'd think. And anyways, it looks like it's in the middle of Harry's trip to Africa, so he'd have to come separately regardless.

What about the hangers-on = advisers etc? Tht is where the true costs are.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
What about the hangers-on = advisers etc? Tht is where the true costs are.
I'm sure we won't be paying for the hangers on either.
But it's the same in the majority of european royal countries.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wm. did a terrific job with the sit-down interview. What a world of difference from the one he did in 2007 for the Diana concert. He's improved so much! Kudos to him.

It makes perfect sense to have them fly separately. Why take unnecessary chances. I don't want Beatrice as my queen.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Majesty

The more I see of Beatrice the more I like her and when I compare her to William's public skills at the same age she is way ahead.

Historically Queen's have been better than Kings - e.g. Elizabeth I, Victoria and Elizabeth II so Queen Beatrice wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I disagree. I much prefer William. Besides then we'd have to put up with annoying Fergie.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The more I see of Beatrice the more I like her and when I compare her to William's public skills at the same age she is way ahead.

Historically Queen's have been better than Kings - e.g. Elizabeth I, Victoria and Elizabeth II so Queen Beatrice wouldn't be such a bad thing.
And maybe you will get one as Isabel II of Spain

I thought that PW has good public skills, didn't he do a great job in the Australian visit?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that having Beatrice as Queen would be an awful thing, except perhaps for Beatrice...to be fourth in line to the throne and then be bumped up to second would be traumatic.