Princes William & Harry: Visit to Botswana, Lesotho & South Africa - June 14-19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1

Prince Harry during a garden party to mark the official birthday of Queen
Elizabeth II on June 14, 2010 in Gabarone, Botswana.
Harry arrived ahead of his older brother William as they will begin a joint
tour of Southern Africa that will see them combine promoting their charity
interests with cheering on England's World Cup football squad.

Looks like a good, professional and still Harry-like ;) start of the journey!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** gettyimages gallery **

Hours after attending the ceremony William jetted out with his bodyguards to Africa, where he is due to embark on his first joint official tour with younger brother, Prince Harry, on Wednesday.

The pair are visiting charity projects in Botswana and Lesotho on behalf of conservationists Tusk Trust and Sentebale, the charity Harry set up in memory of their late mother to help aids orphans.
They will then jet down to Cape Town to watch England's next World Cup match against Algeria on Friday before attending a reception to promote England's bid to hold the tournament in 2018.
Harry is already in Africa following a five-week safari holiday and will carry out a brief solo engagement in Botswana before his brother arrives.

William dons his finery for Order of the Garter Service, then it's off to the World Cup | Mail Online

Day 2

Now both brothers are there!

Prince Harry and Prince William hold an African rock python during a visit
to Mokolodi Education Centre on June 15, 2010 in Gaborone, Botswana.

That first pic of today could be a great "Picture of the Month"! :)

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Prince snake charming: William and Harry meet slithery customer in Africa - hellomagazine.com

I chose to post this here because it discuss' Chelsy joining harry on the tour.

Behind the partying that will be the inevitable accompaniment of Prince William and Prince Harry’s visit to South Africa this week lies a much more sombre purpose.
For Harry will be joined by his girlfriend Chelsy Davy as she returns to her homeland to comfort her grandmother following the death of her husband — a victim of Robert Mugabe’s brutal thuggery in Zimbabwe.

Chelsy Davy's secret visit to see grandmother who lost everything to Mugabe's thugs in Zimbabwe | Mail Onlinehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...-grandmother-lost-Mugabes-thugs-Zimbabwe.html

Oh gosh, I love a man who isn't afraid of snakes!!!
They look so cute together...funny seeing them with the snake. Will looked a bit hesitant about it though, whereas Harry looked like he could have it for a pet.

I can't believe they're petting the cheetah either. I would have to stay inside on this official trip.

Day 3

Prince William during a visit to the Coaching for Conservation project in
Maun, Botswana, Wednesday June 16, 2010.

Coaching for Conservation is an innovative conservation project being
run in Botswana, which marries football skills to wildlife protection, and
is run by the Botswana Predator Conservation Trust, which also teaches
youngsters self respect and awareness about the environment around
them.

On pic 3 William is pictured with American singer Joe Jonas, on of the
three Jonas brothers, so there's more popular support around :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

The boys seem to be enjoying themselves.
Seeing William abroad is always wonderful.

When William was handed the horn by Rebaone Badubi, the prince said: "I can't blow it... OK, I will give it a go."
Then, after barely making a sound, William said: "There you go - embarrassed myself again - it's all good."

:ROFLMAO:

If I have not read that it was Joe Jonas with PW I would not have recognised him, he looks strange on that photo; and I loved the photo with the cheetah, it was really cool, the ones with the snake were also funny especially watching PH playing with it. This visit is giving interesting photos and anecdotes. :D

Day 3
Prince William during a visit to the Coaching for Conservation project in
Maun, Botswana, Wednesday June 16, 2010.

Coaching for Conservation is an innovative conservation project being
run in Botswana, which marries football skills to wildlife protection, and
is run by the Botswana Predator Conservation Trust, which also teaches
youngsters self respect and awareness about the environment around
them.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **
What a great project for William to be involved in. It combines two of his passions: conservation and sport.
He's definately in his element playing with the kids.

They look like they really enjoy each other's company. It's funny how Harry is teasing William with the snake's head. :lol:
So gross that the snake urinated while they were holding it. Luckily it missed William :eek: http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/10...A88585E328816ACE44360DD5216E13222146F37C2E906

to me it seemed like Harry was really scared (can't blame him at all!:eek:) and William was kind of enjoying:ohmy: having this python on his back!! Harry seemed so relieved when it was taken away and William kind of seemed disappointed! :lol:

This is from day 2 but I got a little choked up (ya I'm odd) when I read this
Before the reptile encounter, the brothers had a more poignant moment as a deaf teenage girl asked about Princess Diana, who died in a Paris car crash in August 1997.
Lobopo Bimbo, 17, asked through her interpreter: 'Is your mother still alive?'
William replied, 'No, she's dead,' while Harry turned away from the group of around 30 deaf schoolchildren at the reserve, as tears pricked in his eyes.
Lobopo then asked, 'Who did you live with? Is your grandmother still alive?', to which William said, 'My grandmother's still alive.'

to me it seemed like Harry was really scared (can't blame him at all!:eek:) and William was kind of enjoying:ohmy: having this python on his back!! Harry seemed so relieved when it was taken away and William kind of seemed disappointed! :lol:
You could be right. This Photo is funny. It looks as though he's saying, "don't you dare bite me!". :lol:

Princes on horseback in faraway lands, this is what I love to see! Good on these two, I really hope they do more in the future together! I wished they had started doing more together earlier.

These pics are marvellous! I was close to tears (the Harry/puppy and Harry/baby-photos)!
Does anyone know why the 2 young men were dressed up like this? It looked as if they were on a beggar´s fancy dress party...??

You mean with the blanket wrapped round them?
Either they were cold or tradition.

GN were did you find this artical I would love to read it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom