The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I'm sure Diana did her best for her boys while she was alive, and I'm also sure that Charles and the RF have done their best since then. But regardless of how well they were brought up, these two young men didn't spring from parents who are known as untra-intelligent or quick witted or gifted public speakers. They may be charming young men, but they may also be dim.

I look forward to seeing the interview next week.
Oh well, Hitler and Saddam were quite convincing public speakers and their admirers must have thought them ultra-intelligent and quick witted.
Obviously you are not a fan of Prince William and Prince Harry and that is OK. I have seen excerpts of their BBC interview and they come across to me as down-to-earth, honest and loyal. They may not be great orators but this is an interview for goodness sake. It is suppossed to be a conversation into which millions are 'eavesdropping'. Not the two of them thumping us with their ideas.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN View Post
Oh well, Hitler and Saddam were quite convincing public speakers and their admirers must have thought them ultra-intelligent and quick witted.
Obviously you are not a fan of Prince William and Prince Harry and that is OK. I have seen excerpts of their BBC interview and they come across to me as down-to-earth, honest and loyal. They may not be great orators but this is an interview for goodness sake. It is suppossed to be a conversation into which millions are 'eavesdropping'. Not the two of them thumping us with their ideas.
I dont think anyone in their right mind could honestly believe that ability to speak well is an indication of moral goodness.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
Matt lauer will interview with William and Harry on June 18th.. remeber set record for them..

Matt Lauer Interviews Prince William & Prince Harry - Starpulse News Blog

hey. casiraghi trio

Sorry i was too late to post the previously post but it closed so here..No I did not there at polo i found some pics from royalist.net.so I paste the pics from it.. ... i wish i was there.
Prince William & Prince Harry's interview will be shown today (19 June 2007) on Malaysia's Astro channel 10 at 09.00 pm to 10.00 pm.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Commoner

Well I saw the interview ... I wonder if anyone's managed to upload it to youtube as yet, lol ... it was a very good documentary / interview. It really showed them as being really down to earth and normal (as normal as I suspect they could get). They were very relaxed talking to Matt Lauer. The umm's weren't as pronounced. They appeared to be very humble people, in spite of the fact that they were brought up in the royal family. I thought it was quite an interesting interview. Both of them seemed shocked to learn that they actually have public images! They spoke extensively about how being in the public eye their whole lives has impacted on them and their friends, and how they've seen it impact on their mother. They spoke about how they view themselves and each other (Harry did not agree with the public's perception of his brother, William, but wouldn't go into any explanations as to why he didn't agree, lol).

Anyways, it's definitely an interview and documentary worth watching, if you're interested to know more about them and their thoughts on their mother and the reality that is their world.

"One day my music will unite. Fighting will be no more that's right. One day my people will know love and this war will over. And love will fall upon us ..." ~ from the song 'One Day' by Kees Dieffenthaller
Old 06-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought it was a really good interview, for what it was set to be, and I just adore Harry's accent. I definitely enjoyed listening to him speak.

As for the "umms" and what not, I actually didn't recognize if they were doing that because I was paying attention to what they were saying and didn't catch any of them. I think for all their faults and missteps, underneath all that, they are just two really down-to-earth guys who are fun and at times, witty.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I think for all their faults and missteps, underneath all that, they are just two really down-to-earth guys who are fun and at times, witty.
Yea I agree, that's exactly how they sounded.

Quote:
As for the "umms" and what not, I actually didn't recognize if they were doing that because I was paying attention to what they were saying and didn't catch any of them.
For me that was most noticeable when Matt Lauer asked the question that the princes could not answer (well not easily anyways) ... I thought it was funny that they couldn't answer it right away.

"One day my music will unite. Fighting will be no more that's right. One day my people will know love and this war will over. And love will fall upon us ..." ~ from the song 'One Day' by Kees Dieffenthaller
Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I thought it was a really good interview, for what it was set to be, and I just adore Harry's accent. I definitely enjoyed listening to him speak. As for the "umms" and what not, I actually didn't recognize if they were doing that because I was paying attention to what they were saying and didn't catch any of them. I think for all their faults and missteps, underneath all that, they are just two really down-to-earth guys who are fun and at times, witty.
I agree! I only saw the second half of the interview, but I taped it and plan on watching it in the morning when I get home from work. I was astounded to see all the criticism for the Princes' grammer on these boards. I also didn't notice it because I was trying to pay attention to what they were saying. They do talk fast, and if you're not accustomed to hearing someone speak in a British accent, it can be hard to understand. Closed captioning helped (except the person didn't know how to spell 'wombat' - I think it came out 'woman bat'). Overall, I thought it was very insightful.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I missed it! I hope it will be on nbc.com in a couple of days as its not there now. Thanks to all for posting their thoughts, I can get some idea.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:19 AM
Gentry

Part of the interview will be on Today on Tuesday morning. Also, if you really want the video you can go to NBC Collectibles: TV Show DVD's, Movies, Shirts and More - NBC Universal Store Official Site, search for William and Harry (or something close) and order it. It is $9.99 (US) and will ship on July 10.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Royal Highness

I did see the part they had on the 'Today' show Monday morning. It seemed like they showed an extended portion of a small part of the 'Dateline' interview. I wouldn't be surprised if they dragged the interview out all week long on the 'Today' show.

(FYI...Bonjovi is on 'Today''s Toyota Concert Series today in the 0830 hour. Woo Hoo!)
Old 06-19-2007, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN View Post
Goodness!

I didn't say I didn't like William or Harry, merely that in view of their bloodlines it should not be surprising if they are dim. It was a shot at their parents, not them, and I only said they "may" be dim, not that I think one or both is.

And "down-to-earth, honest and loyal" and "dim" are not mutually exclusive.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Courtier

The interview is being shown in Perth tonight at 10pm so I will be able to give my thoughts tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Gentry

I really liked the interview. These boys have been in the public eye since before they were born, but they are graceful and humble. Diana and Charles both did a good job on raising them. Diana gave them the ability to reach out to the people, and a love of philanthropy. Charles gave them a love of the outdoors.

No matter what, Charles and Diana did a good job as parents. I am sure Diana would be pleased with how they carried themselves.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrn View Post
Part of the interview will be on Today on Tuesday morning. Also, if you really want the video you can go to NBC Collectibles: TV Show DVD's, Movies, Shirts and More - NBC Universal Store Official Site, search for William and Harry (or something close) and order it. It is $9.99 (US) and will ship on July 10.

Thanks for the info. I was disappointed that my electricity went out right before their interview and I didn't get to see it.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Aristocracy

I thought it was a good interview although I did find it hard to understand themdut to the combination of accent and rapid speech. Harry was the star - and William let him. They seem so close and loving to each other. And you could tell how much they love and miss their mother. It was definitely worth watching to me. It was good to hear them talk about their mother.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I've just watched it, and I enjoyed it.

As Almab said, Harry was the star, and William let him. I think William might like it that way. He seems more reserved than Harry and they work well together. It was interesting to hear what they said about their mother.

Neither of them is dim. IMO they are of at least average intelligence, and likeable young men.

I saw nothing wrong with the way they spoke. It was an informal interview, and the "you know"s were appropriate in context, I thought.

Incidentally I thought Harry sounded a great deal like his father, Charles.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Yes Both Charles Diana were well spoken what happen to their kids.
It really was unexpected to here ums and you knows from Princess Diana's boys whos has had the best education money can buy.
I had a history professor who used to say that a first rate man rarely ever produces a first rate son.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Well, I thought the princes handled themselves fine. They might not be top grade interview subjects yet, but I don't think Prince Charles at the same age was any pro at it either. I think Prince Charles came into his own as a speaker in interviews and before audiences in the late 80s/early 90s, and Diana was never very good at public speaking (in my honest opinion) so I think it will take them many years of experience to be polished and perfect at it. But it was a good start, definitely.
I have some screen caps from the interview, which came out surprisingly well! I just have to tidy them up a bit and upload them on a hosting site, and I'll post here soon.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Gentry

I thought the interview was good. It was fun to watch and to see how well the brothers get along! But I agree with others - there were times (many) that I had no idea what they were saying...they talk at record speed...
Old 06-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Courtier

more article

I could still fight for my country, insists William | the Daily Mail

Tags
diana princess of wales, interviews, prince harry, prince william, princess diana