The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

After reading the transcripts I did think the princes' communication skills were appalling but in all fairness, the actual videos (available on various websites and Youtube) are nowhere near as bad.
It's more a case of Will and Harry overlapping each other in their answers and a certain lack of confidence/con fort in front if the camera.

Still, William strikes me as lacking in vocabulary, particularly as English is his first language and he his a college graduate. But dumb he is not (nor is he dull, imo. Harry can barely do any wrong in my eyes so I won't comment on him.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Of course one can compare the tragedies. Princess Alice got on with it, there's no reason the two Princes shouldn't follow her example.
Of course, Princess Alice was much more mature, and a well-seasoned royal.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Commoner

globeandmail.com: Blogolitics - In Pictures: Do You Have Anything To Declare?

Prince William on the coolest thing about being a prince: "Yeah. No, I think it's-- we're very lucky. You know, we have lots of things that we are very fortunate to have. You know, we have a house, you know? We have, you know, all these sort of nice things around us. And so, you know, we're grateful for that because so many people don't have that. We have, you know, relative stability and stuff like that. And, you know, lots of things that, you know, everyone would, you know, love to have." [Monday NBC: First Ever U.S. TV Interview]

-----
Yikes. I'm not sure I want to watch this.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

hahahahahahaha
Old 06-17-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Of course, Princess Alice was much more mature, and a well-seasoned royal.
Indeed. I am strongly supportive of the comparisons Beatrixfan makes. It is indeed something to aspire to, to handle tragedies as well as someone like Princess Alice! That is a very noble aspiration, and achieving that kind of place in life is a sign of true strength, but it is hardly fair to fault anyone for falling short of it, especially ones in their twenties!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Gentry

I watched the Today show this morning and I think the interview is better than the transcript. Yes they use "like" "you know" "yeah" way too much... just like all teens and twenty-somethings do.

Harry really shines in this interview. My only complaint is that they talk to fast!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Frighteningly inarticulate and the constant 'you know' that is so unlike the rest of the senior royals.
Yes and I actually find the constant "you know" quite weird. So many "you knows".. Just curious, is that how Americans and Brits talk? Is it a culture?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
People deal with their grief in different ways BeatrixFan. I think William and Harry moved on but that doesen't mean that they have to stop honoring and cherishing their mother's memory because certain people don't like her. They set up a concert and memorial service to remember Diana's life there is nothing wrong with that.
&You deserve a & a big 2 thums up. & I hope that the Concert will be a Great success. Though, I think that it will be. That I think will be a no brainer
Old 06-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Courtier

Channel 4 - News - Wills slams 'fat' Diana comments

Princess Diana 'hurt to be called fat' says William | the Daily Mail

more interview and videoclips..

Prince Harry: 'We had each other' - TODAY: People - MSNBC.com
Old 06-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I am always amazed that people who have no children have such strong willed opinions about other people's parenting skills.If one is 18,19, 20 years old, I'm curious as to what experience or knowledge they are basing their complete convictions on?
Ok, never mind But, Props for you.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I hope the interview can be watched online because I just moved Friday night (seven states over) and don't have cable yet.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
in defense of some of the absent parents out there i have to wade into this discussion. while i know that nannies were probably there most of the time i don't think that charles and diana played any less important a role in parenting the boys. my husband is away for 2 weeks at a time and i firmly believe that it's not necessarily how much time you spend with your children but the QUALITY of the time you spend with them. it would be nice if we could all spend more time with our kids but if you've done your best and instilled the right things in them from the moment you brought them home from the hospital then id say you're a good parent. having said that, i know that the nannies were a big influence in their lives. while diana and charles both engaged in some phone sex, i don't think that makes them bad parents and i don't think that either of them would rather spend time on the phone doing that than spend time with their kids. lets be honest, for those of us that have children, we've all felt, from time to time "someone please take this child/children and give me some peace and quiet".
I agree with alot of what you've written but I take issue with one point -- "quality" time does not just happen -- it takes "quanity of time" for "quality of time" to occur. Hopefully each child has quantity time with responsible, caring adults - parents, nannies, grandparents, whomever - so that quality time is achieved. I strongly believe that, as much as parents want to believe they can turn on and off quality time when they have the time, this is not the case. Children have their own pace of life also and their yearning/need for quality time, or lack thereof, doesn't always coincide with when a parent has time. And I say this coming from a family where my husband, also, travels frequently and for long periods at a time and where we, over time, have learned this lesson.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Elizabeth View Post
I watched the Today show this morning and I think the interview is better than the transcript. Yes they use "like" "you know" "yeah" way too much... just like all teens and twenty-somethings do.

Harry really shines in this interview. My only complaint is that they talk to fast!
I've seen short excerpts of the interview, and as you say, the "you know"s really aren't as prominent in the interview as in the transcript. In the context of the spoken interview, they're obviously just throwaway words that you don't really notice unless you're listening for them.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Commoner

For those of us who don't get up early in the morning, the Lauer interview will be re-broadcasted on Dateline NBC tonight at 10PM EDT.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I agree with alot of what you've written but I take issue with one point -- "quality" time does not just happen -- it takes "quanity of time" for "quality of time" to occur. Hopefully each child has quantity time with responsible, caring adults - parents, nannies, grandparents, whomever - so that quality time is achieved. I strongly believe that, as much as parents want to believe they can turn on and off quality time when they have the time, this is not the case. Children have their own pace of life also and their yearning/need for quality time, or lack thereof, doesn't always coincide with when a parent has time. And I say this coming from a family where my husband, also, travels frequently and for long periods at a time and where we, over time, have learned this lesson.
hi Emily...don't you feel that inspite of the fact that your husband is away for long periods, that the time he does spend with the children is quality? my experience has been that all a child wants is your time...but not for long periods. take for example reading a book together - doesn't take long but it's quality time together. for me and my daughter, it could be while i'm bathing her, or she's "helping" me in the kitchen. all rather quick chores but over time they've become special times for us. that's the misunderstanding, i think, is that when you only have limited time with the children, people don't think you do anything special but over time those special moments make a huge difference.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Courtier

William´s Xmas messae 2037

People of England you know, I address to you as you know your King you know to wish you all you know a Merry Xmas you know. That peace and love fill you know your homes in this time when you know we remind the birth of you know our Lord you know Jesus Christ or whatever

NBC Preview:

Old 06-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I watched the interview on the today show this morning. I dont think i'll be getting up early to watch the second half tomorrow.

most of what was said had already been released in the excerpts or had been said in the interview they did a few months ago to anounce the concert.

i had been very much looking forward to this interview and i was a bit disappointed. the things the princes were said were pretty uninteresting and kind of bland. not bad or stupid but just a bit boring.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess I'm in the minority of people who are actually looking forward to seeing this. I haven't seen any excerpts or anything, just a quick promo on NBC Sunday morning at about 1:30 in the morning. I know they won't be saying anything earth-shattering or revealing, but I'm still interested in what they have to say.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
know they won't be saying anything earth-shattering or revealing, but I'm still interested in what they have to say.

royalty rarely says anything earth-shattering or revealing in their interviews. but many of them manage to say the things I already know they are going to say with a bit of wisdom or wit or originality that is quite engaging and not boring.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Courtier

People outside the US: Can you watch the nbc videos¿ Cause I cant cause of geographic location

Tags
diana princess of wales, interviews, prince harry, prince william, princess diana