The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Commoner

I only watched the second part of the interview, and I enjoyed it. Hopefully I didn't miss too much during the first segment, but I'm sure it'll show up on youtube eventually. I didn't find that either of them particularly 'shined' during the interview, but I was glad to see that they both answered the same amount of questions equally (more or less) unlike the Concert for Diana interview where William dominated the conversation. The amount of 'you knows' didn't bother me - in fact, I hardly even noticed it in the actual interview. As ennyllorac said, some people are natural public speakers, and others are not - it has nothing to do with the level of intelligence. They aren't great at it, but they aren't terrible at it either, and I'm sure they will improve with time and practice . The thing that did bother me, however, was how they would talk over each other - made it impossible to understand a word they were saying! Another thing I didn't like about the interview was the extra explaination/footage (for lack of a better word) Matt Lauer gave, ie. "there was three of us in the marriage." Personally, I felt there was no need to bring that into the interview. Overall, it was a lovely interview!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I thought Matt Lauer did a good job of interviewing them. Much better than Fearne Cotton, I'm sure.
Horses for courses!

- - - - - - - -
Five gets Wills and Harry interview

Five has acquired the exclusive rights to broadcast the US interview with Prince William and Prince Harry conducted by NBC News anchor Matt Lauer last month

Programming - News - Five gets Wills and Harry interview - Digital Spy

Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 AM

Now I've got 150 screen caps online. Check it out and do enjoy.
Scratch that number. Actually it's about 250 screen caps, once the transfer that's underway finishes. It says about five more minutes..... then all of them will be viewable.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
All I can say is "Thank God Katie Couric is gone!". If she were still on the 'Today' show I'm sure she would've insisted on doing the interview and then foawned over them like a silly schoolgirl.
Amen to that. I wouldn't have watched it if she had been the interviewer. I don't like cringing!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 PM

A video clip: The introduction of the interview from myspace.... I don't know if you can view it unless you are a member of myspace, though. ??
Old 06-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Courtier

William said that US is cool...

Prince William: The U.S. is 'cool' - TODAY: People - MSNBC.com
Old 06-20-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
That was the happiest moment of my life

I believe that the interview cannot be put on YouTube, because YouTube has been cracking down on Copyright Infringement.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:14 PM

Haha, I knew the American press would eat up that offhand remark. To be fair, though, he did seem to make an effort to say nice things about the US, a wise move considering that the host of the interview was an American network. I think he perhaps went out of his way, perhaps a bit over the top saying how the American people/media is less invasive than the British media. I doubt he really feels that way. I'm sure the US media can be equally as invasive towards royalty as any other nation's media. But it was nice of him to say we are less intrusive!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Serene Highness

I watched it last night after buying it off of Itunes. I was really impressed by how they presented themselves. I feel like they showed their true personalities but at the same time they were able to reveal only the things they wanted to reveal. They seem like genuinely nice, fun, young men. I thought Harry was especially humorous (and cute!). I'm so very glad they did this; it will probably be years before they do it again!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Theres going to be an encore of the interview at 10pm on NBC.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Gentry

12.2 million viewers watched this interview. According to figures, this is the second highest viewership for Dateline.

(Pretty interesting considering that most Americans are not royal watchers - and understandably so I suppose.)
Old 06-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Nobility

Prince William Defends Brother's Wild Party Behavior

June 20, 2007 11:45 a.m. EST

AHN | Prince William Defends Brother's Wild Party Behavior | June 20, 2007
Old 06-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
I was really impressed by how they presented themselves. I feel like they showed their true personalities but at the same time they were able to reveal only the things they wanted to reveal. They seem like genuinely nice, fun, young men. I thought Harry was especially humorous (and cute!). I'm so very glad they did this; it will probably be years before they do it again!
I agree. The interview came across very well to me. I loved how they have this playful brotherly banter going on between them. They came across as warm and sincere. I first read the transcripts and it seemed a little insincere and maybe rehearsed. But after watching the Dateline interview, the warmth came through.

It surprised me a bit that Harry was so much more outgoing than William. He answered most of the questions before William had a chance. I always knew William was more reserved, but Harry just came off so well and so down to earth. He is just a little doll.

I enjoyed how William said that when it comes to what they do and who they date, when they talked about Kate and Chelsey, that he said they don't even listen to the media or take it into consideration at all. They make their own decsions and the media has no impact. He said this part in response to Matt Lauer asking if the media had any impact on his reasons for breaking up with kate. I liked how he answered that.

They also got a chance to defend themselves against people who say they don't show enough emotion.

Overall I thought they came off very well. I just adore them even more now!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Haha, I knew the American press would eat up that offhand remark. To be fair, though, he did seem to make an effort to say nice things about the US, a wise move considering that the host of the interview was an American network. I think he perhaps went out of his way, perhaps a bit over the top saying how the American people/media is less invasive than the British media. I doubt he really feels that way. I'm sure the US media can be equally as invasive towards royalty as any other nation's media. But it was nice of him to say we are less intrusive!
I had a similar thought about that comment. I figure though it may in part be genuine because, since they actually live in the UK, they probably are more aware of the invasive ways the UK press have been dealing with them and probably aren't as aware of the amount of media coverage they get in the US. It could possibly also be because the last time they were in the US they were children, and probably were not as aware of the media coverage then as they are now.

"One day my music will unite. Fighting will be no more that's right. One day my people will know love and this war will over. And love will fall upon us ..." ~ from the song 'One Day' by Kees Dieffenthaller
Old 06-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII View Post
It surprised me a bit that Harry was so much more outgoing than William. He answered most of the questions before William had a chance. I always knew William was more reserved, but Harry just came off so well and so down to earth. He is just a little doll.
Quote:
I was really impressed by how they presented themselves. I feel like they showed their true personalities but at the same time they were able to reveal only the things they wanted to reveal. They seem like genuinely nice, fun, young men. I thought Harry was especially humorous (and cute!).
I thought the same things. I was surprised at how down to earth they both were / are and that for all the bad boy image that the press seems to be giving Harry, he really didn't come off that way in real life. If I remember correctly, even William said as much about his brother! He said that if you really want to know what type of person Harry is, you have to meet him and talk to him and don't just believe what the press says about the type of person he is (or something like that).

"One day my music will unite. Fighting will be no more that's right. One day my people will know love and this war will over. And love will fall upon us ..." ~ from the song 'One Day' by Kees Dieffenthaller
Old 06-21-2007, 03:39 AM

They did not look very comfortable, although it may be just because it was an American interviewer. Them not being comfortable could have attributed to their stutterings and such.
Someone said that the question, "What's the greatest part about being a Prince?" was one major thing that separates Americans and Brits.

I love how they both had the same posture: Right arm laying flat to the right of them, and Left arm snaking down their bodies []
Old 06-21-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
I watched it last night after buying it off of Itunes.

iTunes got it! Yay! I'm going to buy it. I really liked it. I guess I am just a sucker for those guys. Haha.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
I had a similar thought about that comment. I figure though it may in part be genuine because, since they actually live in the UK, they probably are more aware of the invasive ways the UK press have been dealing with them and probably aren't as aware of the amount of media coverage they get in the US. It could possibly also be because the last time they were in the US they were children, and probably were not as aware of the media coverage then as they are now.
I think you are right. The last time they were in the US they were kids and they're privacy was respected and security attended so well that no one realized they were here til after they were gone!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Courtier

How to live like a Prince?? Good Question

How to live like a Prince - Daily Features - Features - Belfast Telegraph
Old 06-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

I really enjoyed watching the interview with Williama dn harry I watched it again last night since I taped it and I love the part when William ad Harry tell Matt Lauer their nicknames, Wombat and Ginger! I also really like how much their mother has impacted their life it wonderful to knwo how much they really love her!

I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.- Princess Diana

Tags
diana princess of wales, interviews, prince harry, prince william, princess diana