The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Will it be shown in the UK too? Or will the US just get this one and the UK the one with the DJ girl?
Thanks.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
They also sound barely articulate.

PRINCE WILLIAM: Yeah I mean-- again just for my personal opinion, when you knew somebody or someone that important to you -- you always think about you know. I mean -- so after it happened we were always you know always thinking about it. And there's not a day goes by I don't think you know that I don't think about it once in the day. And so for us is a very slow and it's a lot-- it has been a long time.
Kind of sounds like Vicky Pollard (Little Britain)

Old 06-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
They also sound barely articulate.
Frighteningly inarticulate and the constant 'you know' that is so unlike the rest of the senior royals.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

It could be that they had so much advice on how to handle the interview (just keep mentioning your mother and they will forgive everything else), that they have come over as ... well.... thick. So far from what I have read and the excerpts they are showing on TV, they sound inarticulate and sincerely insincere!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Courtier

It's hard because We Will never be Normal....... from the interviews...

Sky News - 'It's Hard Because We'll Never Be Normal'
Old 06-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Commoner

Princes admit their late mum is in their thoughts every day

Princes admit their late mum is in their thoughts every day
Old 06-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Nobility

William and Harry are on the cover of this weeks Hello Magazine

WILLIAM AND HARRY FIGHT TO PROTECT DIANA'S MEMORY

News and photos of the rich and famous - HELLO!, hellomagazine.com

The exerpts do sound a bit insincere and the answers given even rehearsed. I don't doubt for a moment that they adored their mother and really do have strong feelings on this. But I believe its been rehashed so many times and the boys have had to answer these questions repeadetly for so many years that they might have become a bit desensitized with the answers by now, which is why it comes across as being insincere.

Or on another hand, boys don't show as much emotion or like to show as much emotion, so being boring or cold about it puts up a wall that blocks the true memories and true feelings from coming across. It could sound harsher or more incincere but it protects them from breaking down or tearing up when answering.

JMO
Old 06-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well alot of my generation uses that phrase you know.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Courtier

more article of the interview.. some video of william you can click and view...

Prince Harry: 'We will never be normal' - TODAY: People - MSNBC.com
Old 06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Frighteningly inarticulate and the constant 'you know' that is so unlike the rest of the senior royals.
Is Peter Settelen still available for coaching? Maybe William should have paid more attention when he was hanging around while she was being coached and filmed.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Gentry

I didn't pay too much attention to the commentary, but the pictures and video clips in the video of william were great!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

although it's annoying when someone constantly "umm's" and "you know's" during an interview, i think it just shows lack of experience at being interviewed. while they may know what the questions are going to be, doing it in front of a camera tends to make people very nervous.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII
The exerpts do sound a bit insincere and the answers given even rehearsed. I don't doubt for a moment that they adored their mother and really do have strong feelings on this. But I believe its been rehashed so many times and the boys have had to answer these questions repeadetly for so many years that they might have become a bit desensitized with the answers by now, which is why it comes across as being insincere.
Very true, but (there is always a but with me. ) they both seem so thick.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm afraid here in the UK Duchess, it is the sort of language you see the chavs using, the Catherine Tate take offs or those from very bad inner city schools. It really isn't what you expect from Prince Charles' son's, with an Eton and RMAS education.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Nobility

thick in what way?
It is partly that they are both emotional about due to he untimely death. Prince William may tend to have trouble speaking about his mum or any other things in his personal life. I do not think that either one of them enjoy speaking due the divorce and her being ripped away from them when she was killed in the only a year after the divorce.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I'm afraid here in the UK Duchess, it is the sort of language you see the chavs using, the Catherine Tate take offs or those from very bad inner city schools. It really isn't what you expect from Prince Charles' son's, with an Eton and RMAS education.
What is RMAS? I take it that's a reference to his college education, but just curious about what the letters stand for.

He may have just been nervous, but the "you knows", for me, were unexpected, given his background. His father speaks very well, and, even in her early interviews, Diana wasn't one for the "ums" either.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

I cann´t understand why this interview was so miserable. The Princes are adults, both have education and military positions. Qualifications enough to speake some correct sentences.
And they have a private secretary and other aids to prepare a talk like that.
I just read that Clarence House now tried to correct some of their statements.
Really bad!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What is RMAS? I take it that's a reference to his college education, but just curious about what the letters stand for.
Royal Military Academy Sandhurst - it is the army officer training school in the UK.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes Both Charles Diana were well spoken what happen to their kids.
It really was unexpected to here ums and you knows from Princess Diana's boys whos has had the best education money can buy.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
thick in what way?
It is partly that they are both emotional about due to he untimely death. Prince William may tend to have trouble speaking about his mum or any other things in his personal life. I do not think that either one of them enjoy speaking due the divorce and her being ripped away from them when she was killed in the only a year after the divorce.
This is an excerpt kindly posted by sassie -
"PRINCE WILLIAM: Yeah I mean-- again just for my personal opinion, when you knew somebody or someone that important to you -- you always think about you know. I mean -- so after it happened we were always you know always thinking about it. And there's not a day goes by I don't think you know that I don't think about it once in the day. And so for us is a very slow and it's a lot-- it has been a long time".

Does that sound like an articulate person, with intelligence. to you? What their parents getting divorced has to do with being able to speak properly, escapes me.

Tags
diana princess of wales, interviews, prince harry, prince william, princess diana