William and Harry's TV Interviews about Diana: June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really impressed at how much Harry reminded me of Prince Charles. I don't know how to explain it, but when I was watching the Today Show interview all I could think of when Harry was speaking was "how could anyone think he is not Charles' son?!"; I guess it's his eyes or the way he looks, reminds me a lot of his father, but maybe that's just me.

I also thought Harry sounded a lot like his father

It's not a shock that the boys used cue cards. They may have wanted to speak from the heart, but in reality if they had misspoke one word the media would have been all over it. Analyzing, dissecting, misinterpreting. They could have memorized the speech, but high emotions, exhaustion and inexperience might make one forget what they should have remembered. Diana gave many an impassioned speech but she always read from cards. They are also not practiced public speakers yet, although it's becoming high time that they were. Your Majesty! Get these boys a vocal coach, Stat!!!

It's not a shock that the boys used cue cards. They may have wanted to speak from the heart, but in reality if they had misspoke one word the media would have been all over it. Analyzing, dissecting, misinterpreting. They could have memorized the speech, but high emotions, exhaustion and inexperience might make one forget what they should have remembered. Diana gave many an impassioned speech but she always read from cards. They are also not practiced public speakers yet, although it's becoming high time that they were. Your Majesty! Get these boys a vocal coach, Stat!!!

excellent points! you're right on the mark. :)

They are also not practiced public speakers yet, although it's becoming high time that they were. Your Majesty! Get these boys a vocal coach, Stat!!!
True, but one wonders when they are talking to 'their' men, as officers, how they handle that. There are normally quite a few in the op's room, with one TL elected to speak, while higher ranks watch and listen.
Even so, it is not 63,000! :D

I saw the UK interview and the only thing I found impressive was that these two brothers obviously are an item and very close. They seem to have a special bond, not always the case among royal siblings and I hope they can keep this solidarity throughout their lifes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom