The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
What Happens to Henrys Money if He were to die in Iraq? will that go to William ect ect
That would depend on his will.

I read yesterday that he has had to make one before deploying.

He could leave it all to Chelsy, or charity, or William, or his father, or ME!!.

I think you get the idea - it is up to him to spell out his wishes in his will.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, any portion of his trusts not yet dispersed to him outright (including his mother's estate, and the income from trusts left to him by The Earl Spencer and The Queen Mother) would be granted to the next beneficiary stated in the trust documents (likely to be William).

His personal money in his bank accounts can be left to whomever he wishes in his will.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:07 PM

Prince Harry will return to England safe and with every bone and joint perfectly healthy. He must prepare a Will before he deploys, but that Will is going to be filed by his law firm (likely the same as his father's firm, Harbottle & Lewis) and updated over the years, to be considered after his timely death at the age of 80 or more....... I guess the Windsor males don't live quite as long as the Windsor women, but still very long!
He will serve in Iraq and return in wonderful condition..... a hero! along with ALL of his men! All of them, alive and well!
Old 05-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

My guess is most to William, and some to his charities, particularly the one in Lesotho. And a significant gift to Chelsy.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrn
25 seems like a milestone type of birthday. Has anything been said about what William might be doing for his birthday next month?
Doesn't William get more of his trust at 25?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Doesn't William get more of his trust at 25?

Him and Harry don't recieve any of the trust that Diana left them until they are 30.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Him and Harry don't recieve any of the trust that Diana left them until they are 30.

My understanding is that they have been able to access some of the interest now, will be able to access all of the income generated by the Trust fund when they reach 25 and access the actual capital in the funds at 30. In other words it is a staggered access.

That was what was reported at the time of the will being made public.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Nobility

Why do the trustee's of the fund think the princes will be mature enough at age 30 to manage there money correctly?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
Why do the trustee's of the fund think the princes will be mature enough at age 30 to manage there money correctly?

I'm pretty sure they can manage their own money well right now, but that's what Diana's will stipulated.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I'm pretty sure they can manage their own money well right now, but that's what Diana's will stipulated.

Her will actually stipulated that the get the inheritance at 25 but there was an application for a variation made which changed the terms a little bit - to being income at 25 and capital at 30 (along with a payment to Paul Burrell).
Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
Her will actually stipulated that the get the inheritance at 25 but there was an application for a variation made which changed the terms a little bit - to being income at 25 and capital at 30 (along with a payment to Paul Burrell).

That makes sense, re: graduated payments. Rather than getting it all at one time, you get parts of it along the way....I suppose that allows for more interest to accrue?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Nobility

What are the trusts worth now?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Gentry

I don't know how much the trusts are worth, but I have heard (whether it is true or not), that the yearly pay out at this point is between 250,000 and 300,000 a year.

It's also been mentioned on one of these websites before but I have nothing to support it that I can cite (I did find a website once that explained these Royal wills and you could read Diana's) that so far William has donated any payout from his great-grandmothers estate to charity as well as his army pay. I just remember reading that William's yearly payout from great-grandma is less than Harry's because he has other money that he will receive and something about it being simply like an allowance until his father is King and then the remainder goes back into the estate for distribution to the other great grandchildren. Something like that.

It was also mentioned that although Harry received money from grandpa Spencer, William did not or at least not as much for the same reason.

Again I am not an expert on this and have no idea whether these suggestions are fact.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I don't know how much the trusts are worth, but I have heard (whether it is true or not), that the yearly pay out at this point is between 250,000 and 300,000 a year.
Over the last 10 years, William has donated a great deal of money to charity, $250,000 x 10 = 2500,000, if my math is correct. The causes he supports must be greatful for his support.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Over the last 10 years, William has donated a great deal of money to charity, $250,000 x 10 = 2500,000, if my math is correct. The causes he supports must be greatful for his support.
I don't understand what you mean here. What was the source of his alleged income when he was 15? Is it in US dollars or do you mean pounds? I can't imagine him being allowed to give away 250,000 pounds per annum to charity when he was a teenager even if he had it.

According to Richard Kay in an article published in the June 2007 Australian Women's weekly, William will draw an income of "something in the region of $725,000 a year" from his late mother's estate from the date of his 25th birthday. As it was published in an Australian magazine, I imagine this means Australian dollars, which converts to a bit over 300,000 GBP.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Gentry

I'm sorry if this was confusing. He doesn't get any pay out from his mother's estate until he turns 25 next month. I've heard this pay out as anywhere between 250,000 and 300,000 GBP a year.

What I was saying he donated to charity was the annual allowance (or whatever the correct term is) from his great-grandmother's estate (Elizabeth, the Queen Mother). Supposedly she set aside money for each great granchild (among others). One article said this is how Peter bought his residence. Anyway for WIlliam and Harry it is not a lump sum payout but a yearly thing. When Charles becomes King, supposedly the money not paid out is returned to the state and redistributed to the other grandchildren because Charles has more than enough money to leave to his children.

In several places I've also read that the queen has set up trust funds for her grandchildren. William has the least as the one who stands to inherit the most from other areas.

Grandpa Spencer supposedly gave Harry more than WIlliam for the same reason.

These are just from various articles which may or may not be accurate. Probably only their lawyers and financial advisors know or understand the ins and outs of royal inheritances.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Nobility

He will not start giving to charity till he turns 25?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

William and Harry inherited over $40 million from Diana's estate ($28 million from her divorce settlement with the remainder from the Fermoy and Spencer inheritances). At this point, the income is payable without restriction until they are 30, at which time they will start to receive outright distributions of the principal of the trust. Most trusts pay out a pretty conservative percentage in order to maximize growth for the future. As such, it is likely they are each receiving about $500,000 annually.

The Queen Mother transferred her personal fortune ($10 million) into an irrevocable trust for her great-grandchildren years before she died. Harry receives a small income from it, while receiving a sizable income from his trust set-up by Earl Spencer ($5 million). Once The Queen dies, the irrevocable trust automatically terminates, and the remaining principal is distributed to Anne, Andrew and Edward in equal shares.

Charles gets nothing because he will inherit the vast majority of his mother's personal fortune as the new Sovereign. William gets very little because he will become The Duke of Cornwall and have a sizable income from the duchy. Harry is provided for by his Spencer trust and his mother's legacy.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
He will not start giving to charity till he turns 25?

No, that isn't what they were saying. I'm sure William has been giving to charity before his 25th birthday, I think they were questioning someone at the age of 15 giving away hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to charity. One would think that at that age, he wasn't in possession of that kind of funds in the first place.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Nobility

How much is given to charity?

Tags
diana princess of wales, inheritance, legacy, prince harry, prince william, princess diana