Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness

QUEEN MUM LEFT HARRY 'PEANUTS'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Old 06-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Gentry

they're trust funds

Hey does anyone know how many trust funds the young prince's have? are they offered to them now, or will they have to wait until they are older or when they get married to get access to them? I've recently been reading on rich kids and there trust funds, so I wondered about Harry's and Will's.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Commoner

hey, I don't know much about this subject, but I do know a little.
From what I know the boy's will have on they will inherit when they are 25. They will also recieve one when they are 30. They have them from the queen mother, the queen, and there mother Princess Diana.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Nobility

Their. Sorry, anyway I know that William will inherit less money from his mother than Harry because William will be king.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

that correct,regardez

Prince William will get money from his mother the Princess Diana because he will getting funds what he needs for like fundraiser of mother,polo,etc.because he will become King of England one days
Old 06-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Aristocracy

I believe the Queen Mother left Harry either a bigger trust or a special trust when she died because he won't be king.

Edit: Whoa, I got that completely wrong. I looked it up and it turns out the Queen Mum (allegedly) left both William and Harry with barely anything.

Apologies for the confusion!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Commoner

really? they must be getting tons from other people then, if she didn't leave them much? could you give me the link to where you got the info from? thanx.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Aristocracy

Hmm. It was on Royal Archive, but now that I took another look at it, the story itself was from the Mirror, so it may not be true.

Here's the link, but now I'm doubting the veracity: http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1290&Itemid=2
Old 06-29-2006, 05:57 AM
Administrator

It may be a good idea to do some research before posting so that we don't end up with a series of contradictory posts.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 06-29-2006, 06:01 AM
Administrator

I am merging this thread with the existing "William and Harry's Inheritance" thread.
Quite possibly the question of their trust funds has already been answered.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Commoner

Just wondering but how much money would they get?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Royal Highness

with william set to inherit his share of his late mother's estate, the 11K he dropped at the night club last weekend wasn't a big deal.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Once William becomes Duke of Cornwall and Charles becomes King, the trust automatically terminates and the remaining money is distributed in equal shares to the Queen Mother's living grandchildren or their heirs.
Peter Phillips already got about £800,000 right? He used it to buy a London flat that he now rents out, well according to The Daily Mail.... I know, not the most reliable, maybe it's wrong. He might have actually inherited this money from his paternal grandparents, I suppose.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Commoner

according to this magazine i was reading, when he turns 25 william will be able to draw on $800,000 every year from his mothers estate. is this true? considering this was the nz women's weekly i wouldnt be surprised if it was a pile of rubbish.....
Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 PM

On this article from CBS News online: It says Prince Harry took control of GBP £2.5million of his inheritance from Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother on his 21st birthday. It says that amount is equal to about US $4.5 million. Source: CBS News online/17 September 2005

As for Diana, she left behind a GBP £21.5 million estate, which is stated in many sources, but I remember it specifically from a NY Times article. I will try to recap the source info. if anyone is interested. I also read that the parts of the estate inherited by her sons (which I gather from the same source was the bulk of it) was taxed for death duties so that these inheritance taxes absorbed about 40% of it. It says that when each prince is 30, he will inherit his slice.

The remainder of the estate was divided for Paul Burrell and the 17 godchildren, apparently. I don't know how accurate that is, though. I think the godchildren did not inherit much, and I imagine Diana would have left some money for her neices and nephews as well.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Below is a link to Diana's will and codicil and orders made by the Chancery Division in December 1997 modifying the terms of the will. I have only just seen the orders for the first time and it has come as a bit of a surprise.

The original will was fairly straightforward. It provided for the executors to distribute chattels in accordance with separate written wishes, and for the residuary estate to be divided equally between William & Harry at 25. There was no provision for Burrell.

Then, after Diana died, there was an approach to the Court to vary the terms of the will, which I think is a bit odd but which was accepted by the Court as being for the benefit of the infant beneficiaries. I haven't digested the new provisions, but they introduce a gift of GBP 50,000 for Burrell and some interesting concepts including some relating to intellectual property rights which I assume relate to the way it was then proposed to administer the estate for the production of income. Anyway, the boys still seem to take their share at 25.

Will and codicil:
Court TV Online - FAMOUS WILLS

Orders varying the will:
Court TV Online - FAMOUS WILLS
Old 04-30-2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
Anyway, the boys still seem to take their share at 25.
Yes, I think they take control of their trust at age 25 but the money is kept in individual trusts until they are 30. This way, they won't pay unnecessary taxes on it. The money is no doubt sitting in a bank in Liechtenstein, gathering increases from interest and avoiding taxes. :punk: That's what I would do if it were my money, anyway!!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
QUEEN MUM LEFT HARRY 'PEANUTS'
That's alright. It'll go nicely with the gin left to him by Princess Margaret.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

William and Harry are very wealthy. We don't have to worry.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

What Happens to Henrys Money if He were to die in Iraq? will that go to William ect ect

Tags
diana princess of wales, inheritance, legacy, prince harry, prince william, princess diana