The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Henry Worsley dies on expedition to become first man to cross Antarctica solo | Daily Mail Online

Old 01-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

It is indeed terribly sad. The cliched response is of course that Henry died doing something he loved. Not sure that would be much consolation to loved ones though.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:21 PM
Courtier

I think everyone knew he would be taking great risks. These types of journeys are assisted for a reason. But still the news was shocking all the same, I guess we always hope for best despite any doubts we have. I hope his wife and children made peace with the worst possible outcome before he embarked on his journey.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It is indeed terribly sad. The cliched response is of course that Henry died doing something he loved. Not sure that would be much consolation to loved ones though.

I agree and children growing up without a father and all that that entails

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-30-2016, 04:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

MasterChef's William Sitwell swaps wife for Harry's chum*writes SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-30-2016, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

She's not really a chum of Harry's, just in the social set of, friends of friends and someone the DM and other tabs once thought might be a nice wife for Big Red. It's more a Camilla kind of connection.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Nightclub owner Guy Pelly is running the London Marathon for a charity set up after the death of one of Prince William and Harry’s closest friends.

Pelly, who organised the Duke of Cambridge’s stag do, is fundraising in memory of Henry van Straubenzee, who was killed in a car crash outside the Berkshire school where he and the princes attended.

The 18-year-old died when the car in which he was a passenger hit a tree outside Ludgrove prep school in 2002. He was a classmate of Prince Harry’s, while his brother Thomas is a friend of Prince William.
Read more: Nightclub owner Guy Pelly to run marathon in memory of late friend | London | News | London Evening Standard
Old 02-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Henry van Straubenzee must have been a great friend of all the members of that set. 'Hen' was Harry's best friend at one stage just as Tom was William's. The boys used to holiday in Cornwall together. It's so sad he died before his adult life could begin really, but the memories of him are obviously still incredibly strong.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince William's first love Rose Farquhar auditions for The Voice | Daily Mail Online
Probably not the right thread for this link

Old 03-02-2016, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Update on Mr. & Mrs van Straubenzee Marriage-
"Court papers reveal the couple parted ways in October last year, just months after their second anniversary, and were today granted a divorce at the Central Family Court, in London."
Marriage of Princess Charlotte's godfather breaks down over his ‘unreasonable behaviour’ less than three years after his wedding where William and Harry were ushers:
Marriage of Princess Charlotte's godfather breaks down less than three years after his wedding where William and Harry were ushers because of his 'unreasonable behaviour' | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I read in the Tatler that Harry's best friend Tom Inskip (skippy) is engaged to Lara Hughes - a wedding that will no doubt get covered by the press if Harry is involved as i imagine he would be considering how close these boys are

Old 03-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the engagement of this pair was announced late last year and I've no doubt Harry will be involved in some way probably as best man or supporter. Skip and Lara seem to have been dating for ever, certainly several years, so it's excellent that they are finally settling down together.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Will Prince William make it to the wedding of old flame Jessica Craig? | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-08-2016, 03:52 AM
Courtier

Niraj Tanna said she got married already, on his Twitter back in October 16, 2015. Did he lie? I wouldn’t be surprised, I remember when he claimed in October 2011 that he knew Catherine was pregnant. He was even bragging during the peanut paste incident, that he had the early scoop. Then a month later, when she attended the military awards in her tight black gown, with no bump showing, he quickly deleted the tweets and pretended he never claimed she was pregnant.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think this link should be in the William and Harry's friends thread, because William and Jecca was never together.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

How so? I've always been under the impression, and certainly fed by the press, that there was a fling between them and that William did carry a torch for her for a while. I understood that Jecca remained one of his closest female friend, but that she kind of "rejected" William because she didn't feel like royal life was for her.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
How so? I've always been under the impression, and certainly fed by the press, that there was a fling between them and that William did carry a torch for her for a while. I understood that Jecca remained one of his closest female friend, but that she kind of "rejected" William because she didn't feel like royal life was for her.
I think it was pretty much the media that put those two together. Jecca and her family tried to set the record straight about the media reports, but somehow people never listened to it. They just became friends, but of course the media wanted more from them.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think it was pretty much the media that put those two together. Jecca and her family tried to set the record straight about the media reports, but somehow people never listened to it. They just became friends, but of course the media wanted more from them.

Maybe in William there was an interest in her that wasn't only friendship, who knows?
Old 03-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Maybe in William there was an interest in her that wasn't only friendship, who knows?
I don't know...how many relationships have the media put Harry in, because he was seen with a female friend? When William was younger, the press was looking for a young girl to pair him with. Jecca was perfect in their eyes and there you have it.

I can tell you what girl I knew was his actual girlfriend though. It was a young girl spotted with him on a skiing trip many years ago. I think her name was Kate Middleton,

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

The press at the time tried to make Jecca, William's Camilla. The supposedly first love who got away. The whole gap year trial engagement story looks like fanfiction especially since we know William's behavior to the actual woman he proposed to. Is the man who scoffed at get engaged young at Klosters photo call, who broke up with Kate when she wanted more commitment, who watched his parents marriage disintegrate on a world stage, really going to have a practice engagement as a gap year school boy?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tags
ex-girlfriends, friends, prince harry, prince william, relationships