The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2015, 04:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Pippa and Carole Middleton proved they're very much part of the family fold as they joined Prince William at a memorial service in honour of his late friend on Wednesday night.

Pippa, 32, and Carole, 60, wrapped up warm as they arrived at the carol concert at St Lukes Church in Chelsea for the Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund.

The charity, which uniquely has both William and his brother Prince Harry as patrons, was set up in memory of their friend, who died in a car crash in 02.
Read More Pippa and Carole Middleton join Prince William for Henry van Straubenzee Christmas carol concert | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I onder if Carole and Pippa knew Van straubenzee? Why were they there otherwise?

Old 12-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I don't think they did. Henry van Straubanzee ('Hen') died at 18 just before he was going to volunteer abroad on his gap year. He was Harry's particular friend (they were the same age) as his brother Tom was William's, though Tom and his younger brother Charley are friendly with both Princes now. The tragedy occured before Kate came on the scene.
Perhaps Carole and Pippa just like carol-singing!
Old 12-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
^ I don't think they did. Henry van Straubanzee ('Hen') died at 18 just before he was going to volunteer abroad on his gap year. He was Harry's particular friend (they were the same age) as his brother Tom was William's, though Tom and his younger brother Charley are friendly with both Princes now. The tragedy occured before Kate came on the scene.
Perhaps Carole and Pippa just like carol-singing!
Pippa attended Tom's wedding, so, I think she and van Straubenzee are friends. They were theire to support the van Straubenzee family.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Tom is one of William's best friends. Kate has been with William for 10 plus years. In that time, it's not unbelievable that her family has become friends with one of William's closest friends. Both Pippa and Carole have gone to this event multiple times. As was mentioned, Pippa attend Tom's wedding. I don't think she close friends with Missy Percy like Chesly is and just because she is friends with George Percy, would that get her invited?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Tom is one of William's best friends. Kate has been with William for 10 plus years. In that time, it's not unbelievable that her family has become friends with one of William's closest friends. Both Pippa and Carole have gone to this event multiple times. As was mentioned, Pippa attend Tom's wedding. I don't think she close friends with Missy Percy like Chesly is and just because she is friends with George Percy, would that get her invited?

Do regular people wait for an invite to a memorial service? I get it that for very famous people/state functionaries there may be a list. But I always go if I think I need/have reason to pay respects and know I won't be taking a seat from someone with a better reason to show up.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Do regular people wait for an invite to a memorial service? I get it that for very famous people/state functionaries there may be a list. But I always go if I think I need/have reason to pay respects and know I won't be taking a seat from someone with a better reason to show up.
I think she's talking about the wedding of Missy Percy
Old 12-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I onder if Carole and Pippa knew Van straubenzee? Why were they there otherwise?
They didn't know Henry, but they know his brother Tom. There are pictures from as far back as 2009 that show Pippa and Tom/Missy hanging out at Polo. And like others said, Pippa was at their wedding.

Just like everyone else, Pippa and Carole were there to support the Van Straubenzee family.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I was referring to the wedding of Tom Van Straubenzee and Missy Percy. The event other day was a carol service for charity not a memorial service. Anyone who gave enough money to the charity or bought a ticket if they sold tickets could have went to it.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William misses Royal Family's Christmas lunch to attend memorial service for father of his close friend Guy Pelly-
Prince William misses Royal Family's Christmas lunch for Guy Pelly memorial service | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I read the memorial was few weeks ago though. Or am I mistaken with the funeral itself?
Old 12-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

I was under the impression that the memorial came after the funeral, if I am wrong someone please correct me. I can understand why Prince William would then miss the Holiday lunch with his grandmother.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I believe Guy Pelly's father died in late November, with the funeral held soon after. Perhaps this memorial service yesterday was for relatives and friends who couldn't get to the funeral.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Skippy, Tom Inskip, is to marry his longtime girlfriend Lara. This will affect Harry more than his other friends' marriages.

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: The last straw for single Harry as wild pal weds * | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-23-2016, 11:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Skippy, Tom Inskip, is to marry his longtime girlfriend Lara. This will affect Harry more than his other friends' marriages.

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: The last straw for single Harry as wild pal weds * | Daily Mail Online
Lara is very tolerant. It wasnít just Harry in Vegas flirting with other women. Her life, her decision.

Iím not sure it will affect Harry all that much. Guy Pelly is married and Harry hangs with him more than he does Skippy, at least publicly. And Harry has other besties who are still bachelors, most notably Charlie van Straubenzee and Adam Bidwell.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Harry has some very good friends. It's just that Tom shared so many adventures, ill-advised and otherwise!
Old 01-23-2016, 11:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, Harry has some very good friends. It's just that Tom shared so many adventures, ill-advised and otherwise!
I don't think marriage will stop Skippy from continuing to do so.

Btw, this is my favorite picture of Skippy. He appears to be a better dancer than Harry.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...60_634x503.jpg
Old 01-24-2016, 11:17 PM
Commoner

It isn't just Skippy who got engaged - so did Arthur Landon. Poor Harry - he's losing all his friends. On the other hand, there will be plenty of stag parties to go to.....
Old 01-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFluffs View Post
It isn't just Skippy who got engaged - so did Arthur Landon. Poor Harry - he's losing all his friends. On the other hand, there will be plenty of stag parties to go to.....
Arthur denied the engagement rumors on Twitter. His future wife is spared for now.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:52 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/637...ssing-trek-SAS

How very very sad

Tags
ex-girlfriends, friends, prince harry, prince william, relationships