The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Gentry

Did Prince William receive Bachelor degree or Master degree?

Some news reported that he got Bachelor degree,( 4 years) but some news reported that he got Master degree (2 years).

Or Prince William studied BA/MA (6 year-program)?

Old 10-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Nobility

Post Prince William's graduation from St Andews, June 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriwadee
Some news reported that he got Bachelor degree,( 4 years) but some news reported that he got Master degree (2 years).

Or Prince William studied BA/MA (6 year-program)?
In Scotland at University of St. Andrews:
1) Ordinary (2 years)
2) BA ( I believe it would be 3 years)
3) BA Honours 3/4 years
4) MA 4 years (this is there general degree)
5) MA Honours this is 4 years and you have to do extra modules.
In the UK Prince William could I think do a PhD.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

It looks as though the undergraduate degrees in arts subjects are MA, not BA, although the science ones seem to be BSc degrees. Oxford and Cambridge also award MA and MSc degrees rather than the BA and BSc ones. In the geography department (Prince William's subject), students graduating in geography get MA degrees but those graduating in geoscience get BSc degrees.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
It looks as though the undergraduate degrees in arts subjects are MA, not BA, although the science ones seem to be BSc degrees. Oxford and Cambridge also award MA and MSc degrees rather than the BA and BSc ones. In the geography department (Prince William's subject), students graduating in geography get MA degrees but those graduating in geoscience get BSc degrees.
He recived a MA Honours in Geography a 4 year degree. It mean the that you more modules units in you 4th year. Is this not true?
[quote]JennLlama1st: 70% + overall
2.1: 60-70% overall
2.2: 50-60% overall
3rd: 40-50% overall
Pass: 35-40% overall
Fail: less than 35% overall
Quote:

[qoute]usa1981
From the University of St Andrews Undergraduate Prospectus Entry 2005:
Year 1: 6 Sublects
6 modules each 20 credits or 12 modules each 10 credits
Year 2: 6 Subjects
6 modules each 20 credits or 12 modules each 10 credits
Year 3: 2 Subjects
Modules to total 120
Year 4: 2 Subjects
Modules to total 120
Old 10-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Majesty

how many internchip has a made now
what i know of its at a bank and at a farm
Old 10-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, he's about to go into the Army for a while. I'm not sure what else he's doing.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Nobility

How long will he be in the army? will it take up all his time? I find that strange since he just took on a patronage at Centrepoint and he is a football assos. president as well
Old 02-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry and th TA...?

Do you think that Officer Cadet Wales should have done TA whale he was attending Eton College?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why on earth would he bother with the TA's when he intended going into the real Army?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Gentry

Hmmm, perhaps he wouldn't have had to take 2 gap years to mature enough for Sandhurst if he had previously had some kind of training? Of course, he did participate in the Eton cadet force....not sure, maybe. Is it possible to transition from the TA to the regular army?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLily
Hmmm, perhaps he wouldn't have had to take 2 gap years to mature enough for Sandhurst if he had previously had some kind of training? Of course, he did participate in the Eton cadet force....not sure, maybe. Is it possible to transition from the TA to the regular army?
No, the TA are known as part time soldiers, that is to say they have other jobs, so he would have to have started at the beginning again. Having been in the cadet corps helps a little, as it shows your commitment but, it still does not guarantee you a place!:)
Some men and women take years to decide to try to become Officers and not all of them are successful
Old 02-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering that there were doubts about him joining the army, I don't think he should have joined the TA.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Nobility

Maybe if he was in the TA, it would mean he had to stay for a certain ammount of time, and he wouldn't have wanted to do that since he did his GAP year then went to Sandhurst?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
Maybe if he was in the TA, it would mean he had to stay for a certain ammount of time, and he wouldn't have wanted to do that since he did his GAP year then went to Sandhurst?
With the TA you commit to doing a certain amount of training each week, (drill night), after the initial training period and roughly 14 days away training each year, sometimes with the regulars. You can leave at any time, as long as it is not when you are on active service.:)
Old 03-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Nobility

Oh. Then I guess he just didn't want to do it!:p
He was involved in something at school wasn't he? I know he lead some sort of cadet parade at Eton?
Old 03-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
Oh. Then I guess he just didn't want to do it!:p
He was involved in something at school wasn't he? I know he lead some sort of cadet parade at Eton?
Yes, he was in the Eton Cadet Corps.

He wouldn't have been able to commit to the TA while he was at school and I think he had more or less decided that he wanted to make the regular army his career.:)
Old 03-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Nobility

Yes, and I think he'll make a great army man too! It seems it's been something he's been passionate about for a long time! I am not so sure about William. I'm sure he will also do very well though, but I think Harry will be an army man for many many years to come!
Old 03-26-2006, 11:00 PM

William and art history

Even though William changed his major to geography, it seems that his interest in art history is strong because he passed the subject at A-level during his Eton years and he enjoyed it enough to choose it for a major when he began his studies at university level. So I wonder if he has a favorite artist, a favorite style of art, and/or a favorite historical portrait-subject. I also wonder if he has read the DaVinci Code. Has he read Dan Brown's other books? Has he explored the wider context of Mary Magdalene culture?
now I am off into something of a tangent. I wish William would come by and answer these questions for himself! :p
Old 03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know if he's ever talked about art history in any of his interviews. Does anyone have anything they could contribute? I mean, nice though it would be to have William come along for a Q&A session, I somehow doubt that it'll happen...
Old 03-27-2006, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

considering the rare art Will was surrounded by while he was growing up, it would be difficult for him not to be interested in the history of it. I have always thought of Will as a thinker, he probably spent hours looking at portraits of his ansestors, and thought about their lives.IMO it seems that The Davinci Code would interest him, he seems like a curious guy. I doubt that he would get into the Magdalene culture.

Tags
armed services, education, graduation, prince william, university