The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Courtier

I think if he goes into the military it won't actually be because he want's to but because he's sees that as a way to prolong his exposure from the media.

I think with all the poor press attention Harry is recieving now (because he's not in school and there's no deal), William will be thinking even more about heading into the military and striking up yet another deal with the press. And I think if the press actually takes another deal they are stupid.

William needs to grow up and face the music. Whether he likes it or not, his life is in ths spotlight. And whether he is heir to the throne or not, it always will be.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, once he's finished university, he won't have any excuses for trying to avoid his responsibilities as a monarch in the making.

I think the previous Prince of Wales (Edward VIII) was groomed for his role as king by several long trips to parts of the empire, where he was supposed to see at first hand how these countries were governed and what went on there. Since the United Kingdom is at least as connected to the USA and to Europe as to the Commonwealth these days, having William repeat what Edward did would probably not make sense. It seems as though Charles was eased into his role as Prince of Wales by just taking on more and more royal responsibilities; if he had formal "king school" education in the way that Victoria did, it wasn't given a lot of publicity.

Old 04-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Majesty

has he done any internchip while at school in connection with his education at ST andrew
what i understand he has his first patronchip now
Old 06-23-2005, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William's graduation from St Andews, June 2005

lol of all the pics BBC news of William did they have to choose that one? haha
Old 06-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Courtier

I hope he starts representing the royal family in official acts. I think he is old enough for doing that already. Less than his father but at least similar to his uncles.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Royal Highness

They just showed a clip of William's graduation here on NBC. The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla were in attendance. They showed when they called his name, William Wales and when he was hooded. (at least that is what it is called here in the States)
Old 06-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
lol of all the pics BBC news of William did they have to choose that one? haha
yes, strange choice
Old 06-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen and Prince Charles arriving to Saint Andrews

From Terra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71f97f2ee3073g.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	162500   Click image for larger version

Name:	71f97f2ee3394g.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	162501  
Old 06-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

From getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53137228.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	162503   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137242.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	162504   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137243.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	162505  
Old 06-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

From BBC News:

William graduates from St Andrews

Prince William was "delighted" the Queen was among leading Royals attending his graduation ceremony at St Andrews University, he said.

The prince, who attained a class 2:1 degree in geography, collected the honour at a ceremony on Thursday.

His father, Prince Charles, also attended, along with the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke of Edinburgh.

William, 23, will spend the summer doing work experience in the City, as well as joining a mountain rescue team.

Hundreds of well-wishers lined the streets of the Scottish town to greet the Royal party.

After the ceremony, and still wearing his black silk graduation robe, Prince William shook hands with members of the public as he made his way to Fife constabulary to thank them for "their constant support" during his time at the Scottish institution.

"Today there is a great degree of interest in seeing him," said St Andrews resident Sybil Gray, 72.

"I also got a good look at the Queen who I thought looked very well and happy to be at her grandson's graduation."

The prince paid tribute to the people of St Andrews, saying he had "thoroughly enjoyed" his four years at the university and was "sad to leave".

"I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has made my time here so enjoyable," he said.

"I have been able to lead as 'normal' a student life as I could have hoped for and I'm very grateful to everyone, particularly the locals, who have helped make this happen."

He also paid tribute to the Queen: "Today is a very special day for me and I am delighted that I can share it with my family, and in particular with my grandmother, who has made such an effort to come, having been under the weather."

Prince William, who has shown an interest in an Army career, will also learn land management on a country estate during the summer.

But first he will fly to New Zealand to meet the touring British and Irish Lions team.

While there he will also carry out his first solo engagements, on behalf of the Queen, by attending ceremonies in Wellington and Auckland in July to mark the anniversary of the end of World War II.

Prince William said he was looking forward to his work experience.

"I very much hope that these work placements will give me hands-on experience in three very different but important areas," he said.

"The work experience in the City was something I was particularly keen to do as I feel that this is an area in which I could learn a lot and it may well help me with charitable fund-raising in the future.

"The land management experience will hopefully allow me to develop skills and an understanding of how to best look after the countryside.

"Joining a mountain rescue team really appealed to me as I can learn at first hand how these amazing people help save lives on a regular basis."

William's 2:1 class degree beats his father's 2:2 from Cambridge, making him one of the most academically successful royals.

The Queen was given a tiny gown for William by St Andrews students two weeks after his birth
Old 06-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William MA welcomes stepmum Camilla into The Firm Thursday, 23 June 2005

PRINCE WILLIAM today publicly welcomed Camilla into the Royal fold as he celebrated his graduation in St Andrews.

The Prince spoke of his delight at being able to share the occasion with his "family" with his step-mother, Prince Charles, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh all looking on.

William's words and his invitation to the Duchess to attend are the clearest signal yet that she has been accepted into the Royals' inner circle.

William, 23, who revealed plans to undertake work experience in the City and join a mountain rescue team, also expressed his sadness at leaving St Andrews.

He said: "Today is a very special day for me and I am delighted that I can share it with my family, and in particular with my grandmother, who has made such an effort to come, having been under the weather."

There had been some doubt about whether the Queen would make it having suffered a heavy cold in recent days.

The Royal party, who arrived separately, were met by cheering crowds as they turned up for the graduation ceremony at St Andrews University's Younger Hall.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, known as the Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland, were the first to arrive followed a few minutes later by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

William achieved a 2:1 honours in geography after four years studying for his Master of Arts degree. He said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at St Andrews and I shall be very sad to leave.

"I just want to say a big thank-you to everyone who has made my time here so enjoyable.

"I have been able to lead as 'normal' a student life as I could have hoped for and I'm very grateful to everyone, particularly the locals, who have helped make this happen."

Prince William, who is hoping to enlist in the Army, has already passed his first round of tests to train at Sandhurst like Prince Harry.

But prior to any military career, he will, among other things, spend time with a financial institution in London.

As well as joining a mountain rescue team, which Clarence House would not identify, he will learn more about land management on a country estate.

"I very much hope that these work placements will give me hands-on experience in three very different but important areas," he said. "The work experience in the City was something I was particularly keen to do as I feel that this is an area in which I could learn a lot, and it may well help me with charitable fund-raising in the future.

"The land management experience will hopefully allow me to develop skills and an understanding of how to best look after the countryside. Joining a mountain rescue team really appealed to me as I can learn at first hand how these amazing people help save lives on a regular basis."

He praised the Fife Constabulary, whom he will visit later in the day, for their "constant support" during his time at St Andrews. But the Prince said that he was going to miss being in Scotland.

William added: "I am very much looking forward to the challenges and opportunities which the future brings - and not least, hopefully, an ultimately triumphant Lions tour of New Zealand."

Prince William will jet out to join the British and Irish Lions rugby team next week at the invitation of Sir Clive Woodward.

The Scotsman, June 23 2005
LAURA ELSTON
Old 06-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

CLARENCE HOUSE STATEMENT: William's plans after university Thursday, 23 June 2005

Prince William, who graduates from the University of St Andrews today, will undertake a series of work experience placements in the UK this autumn.

William is keen to broaden his knowledge and gain experience of a number of different professions. At the same time, the Prince is also continuing to consider actively joining the Armed Forces. He recently passed preliminary examinations which would allow him to apply for Army officer training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, if he wishes to do so.

The work experience placements will include:

• Spending time with a financial institution in London, gaining an insight into international finance and commerce

• Learning more about land management on a country estate

• Helping with a mountain rescue team

Prince William said today:

"I very much hope that these work placements will give me hands-on experience in three very different, but important areas.

"The work experience in the City was something I was particularly keen to do as I feel that this is an area in which I could learn a lot, and it may well help me with charitable fundraising in the future.

"The land management experience will hopefully allow me to develop skills and an understanding of how to best look after the countryside.

"Joining a mountain rescue team really appealed to me as I can learn at first hand how these amazing people help save lives on a regular basis."

The placements were announced by Clarence House today as Prince William received his certificate for his 2:1 Masters degree in Geography from the Vice-Chancellor of the University of St Andrews, Dr Brian Lang, in front of Her Majesty The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay (as The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are known in Scotland).

Prince William said:

"Today is a very special day for me and I am delighted that I can share it with my family, and in particular with my grandmother, who has made such an effort to come having been under the weather."

After the graduation ceremony, Prince William, accompanied by his father and The Duchess of Rothesay, will make a private visit to the local police station.

Explaining why he was visiting the police station, Prince William said:

"I really wanted to specifically thank Fife Constabulary for the constant support which they have given me and to wish them well for the future."

Of his four years at university, Prince William said:

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at St Andrews and I shall be very sad to leave. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has made my time here so enjoyable. I have been able to lead as "normal" a student life as I could have hoped for and I am very grateful to everyone, particularly the locals, who have helped to make this happen.

"I am going to miss being in Scotland - I have got used to the weather and all the golf chat!"

Looking to the future, Prince William said:

"Although I will miss being at St Andrews, I am very much looking forward to the challenges and opportunities which the future brings - and not least, hopefully, an ultimately triumphant Lions tour of New Zealand."

June 23 2005, Clarence House Press Release (http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/william/after_graduation.html)
Old 06-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

More from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53137282.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	162528   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137450.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	162529   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137451.jpg
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	162530   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137467.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	162544  

Name:	53137472.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	162545   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137473.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	162546   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137476.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	162547   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137483.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	162548  

Name:	53137488.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	162549  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

More images from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53137497.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	162560   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137511.jpg
Views:	67
ID:	162561   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137515.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	162562  
Old 06-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

More images from terra
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	71f97f30e36abg.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	162564   Click image for larger version

Name:	71f97f30e3a30g.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	162565   Click image for larger version

Name:	71f97f30e3d51g.jpg
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	162566  
Old 06-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Gentry

Fanletizia,
thanks for nice pics:)

Your last post, 3-d pic - Wills looks like a khight:p with the robe on his back
Old 06-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Royal Highness

A small picture of Will and Kate is on the cover of Hello this week.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cover0873big.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	162627  
Old 06-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

More images from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53137822.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	162668   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137835.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	162669   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137839.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	162670   Click image for larger version

Name:	53137858.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	162671  

Old 06-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Gentry

From Hellomagazine:

Prince William marked another milestone on Thursday, bidding farewell to St Andrews as he graduated from the venerable Scottish university.

His father, the Prince of Wales, stepmother the Duchess of Cornwall and grandfather the Duke of Edinburgh were all there to see him receive his diploma. And Wills seemed particularly touched that the Queen, who had missed a number of official engagements this week due to illness, was also present.

"Today is a very special day for me and I am delighted that I can share it with my family, and in particular with my grandmother, who has made such an effort to come, having been under the weather," said Prince William.

Admitting he was "very sad" to be leaving the university's hallowed halls, he had a message of gratitude for the people of the Scottish town where he has resided for the past four years.

"I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has made my time here so enjoyable," he said. "I have been able to lead as 'normal' a student life as I could have hoped for and I'm very grateful to everyone, particularly the locals, who have helped make this happen."

Still dressed in his traditional graduation gown, the 23-year-old royal, who celebrated his birthday on Tuesday, thanked a number of residents in person as he went on a walkabout. Greeting well-wishers who'd gathered for the event he also paused to say a special hello to one little lady, gently stroking the toddler-in-arms' cheek as she gazed intently at her royal admirer.

Also spotted at the ceremony was the Prince's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, who was receiving a four-year degree as well
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	william-dop1a.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	162672   Click image for larger version

Name:	william-dop2a.jpg
Views:	170
ID:	162673   Click image for larger version

Name:	william-dop3a.jpg
Views:	106
ID:	162674   Click image for larger version

Name:	william-dop4a.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	162675  

Name:	william-dop5a.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	162676  
Old 06-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Gentry

From Hellomagazine again:p

Following much speculation in the media, Clarence House has confirmed Prince William's summer plans.

The handsome royal will have a full schedule this summer, with a diverse range of endeavours including a position working in the City, a high-adrenaline stint with a mountain rescue team, and a job in the countryside learning land management.

Each of his choices, said 23-year-old Wills, serves a specific purpose. "I very much hope that these work placements will give me hands-on experience in three very different but important areas," explained the Prince.

"The work experience in the City was something I was particularly keen to do as I feel that this is an area in which I could learn a lot and it may well help me with charitable fund-raising in the future," he explained. "The land management experience will hopefully allow me to develop skills and an understanding of how to best look after the countryside.

First up for the Prince William, however, is a trip to New Zealand to meet the British and Irish Lions rugby team. While Down Under, he will also carry out his first solo engagements, attending ceremonies marking the anniversary of the end of WWII.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	willswhatnext-dop1a.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	162683  

Tags
armed services, education, graduation, prince william, university