The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's a shame if William isn't acquainted with them as I think he could benefit from it since they all have the common factor of being a royal. Who else can really understand what it's like to be a royal except another royal? They could all be a great support system for each other.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh copy that! After watching "Young Victoria" it seems that Albert understood that well and it would have been a nice pipe dream would Wills and Madeline have found that with each other. Ah, of course this is the Merlot talking . . .

Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the current crop of "Crown" royalty are far too young to be in the same group as, say, Prince Charles and CP Camilla. Except for Victoria of course, who is betwix and between. By the bye, I think Daniel's hardest hurdle to jump was formally meeting Victoria's de facto "big brothers" as her husband to be, that is to say Frederik and Haarkon. Unfortunately her younger siblings and William and Harry have had little time to spend with each other and less to form any close bonds.

As to the statement that neither William nor Harry are or have ever been interested in the Bernadotte girls or any other young royals, well let's just remember that girls in particular grow up faster that boys and while Wills and Harry were having a blast tearing around on their dirt bikes or polo ponies, Victoria and Madeleine were slaying all and sundry in the aisles at the annual Noble Gala's.

The Casaraghi's are a wierd combination of semi-royal "celebrities" and whilst Charlotte is a true beauty, they are all way too sophisticated and self involved to be even a consideration.

As to Madeleine's future . . . . who can tell.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
It's a shame if William isn't acquainted with them as I think he could benefit from it since they all have the common factor of being a royal. Who else can really understand what it's like to be a royal except another royal? They could all be a great support system for each other.
Thats what i think, he should at least know them, if not dating them.
The Casiraghi's are royalty, they are grandsons/daughters of the Prince Rainer, they just bear no royal title. Like Zara and Peter Phillips.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Courtier

^^
Imo they are in another scale than the rest of the royals, and their reputation is not good. Moreover I doubt that the BRF and the monaco royals have much in common.

I've been reading an article in Vanity Fair about Caroline and her husband and some unknown german aristocrat said that their circle didn`t like Caroline, she was not invited to any of their parties before their marriage and that they won't be sorry of not seeing her anymore after the divorce. So I don't see how could they be friends with the BRF when Caroline is only invited because she is now a Hannover
Old 04-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Friendships can happen in mysterious ways. Some of Harry's friends are worse than Charlotte.
I don't see whats wrong with the reputation of the Monanesque children, i don't think they have ever done anything that bad.
There is a stigma surrounding the Monaco family that they are so risque, but the children haven't done that much wrong.
Just because the Germans don't like her, doesn't mean Harry and William wouldn't.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Thats what i think, he should at least know them, if not dating them.
The Casiraghi's are royalty, they are grandsons/daughters of the Prince Rainer, they just bear no royal title. Like Zara and Peter Phillips.
Lumutqueen the Grimaldis are NOT royalty, Prince Rainier was a Serene Highness and so are his children except for Caroline, who from the day she married into royalty, - Ernst - she has HRH and is now considered royalty through marriage. Her daughter by Ernst is the only real royalty in the whole family.
This has been explained many many times and I am surprised that at Le Rosey they haven´t put you straight about this as there are lots of Serenes and Royals there and they know the difference.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Lumutqueen
I'm not saying that they are bad (well, they are no saints); but imo they attract too much attention, they are more known as celebrities than as royals. They are just not in the same level; that's why I explained that even the german aristrocacy didn't like her, and in the royal affairs she is only invited because she is the princess of Hannover not because she is a princess on her own right.

If P.W and P.H were friends with them they would attract much more speculation than they do now. It's not the same if the friends are not so famous even if they have bad reputation.

The monaco trio only moves in the celebrity world, they have never been invited to any royal occasion.

Edit: And as Wisteria said they are not even royals
Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Okay at Le Rosey i certainly don't talk to my friends about there titles.
But i do understand the difference between serenes and royals. Seeing as one of the Casiraghi trio will one day be the reigning prince of Monaco, I count them as royalty. My opinion of course.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

(I found this older thread which seems more appropriate than the Girlfriends and Press Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think the current crop of "Crown" royalty are far too young to be in the same group as, say, Prince Charles and CP Camilla. Except for Victoria of course, who is betwix and between. By the bye, I think Daniel's hardest hurdle to jump was formally meeting Victoria's de facto "big brothers" as her husband to be, that is to say Frederik and Haarkon. Unfortunately her younger siblings and William and Harry have had little time to spend with each other and less to form any close bonds.

The Casaraghi's are a wierd combination of semi-royal "celebrities" and whilst Charlotte is a true beauty, they are all way too sophisticated and self involved to be even a consideration.
If anyone is betwix and between I would have to say Prince Phillipe of Belgium. At 50 yrs. he's right in the middle of Charles (Charles is 60-ish?) and William at 27. I think Victoria is the closest to William's age. The other princes are late 30's. Perhaps when William is a few years older he can establish close friendships with the other royal houses. I think it would benefit him in his position.

Isn't it true that Victoria, Frederik and Haakon speak on the phone on a regular basis? If so perhaps they are close because they are all from scandinavian countries.

I agree the Casiraghis seem to be in a league all their own.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Courtier

^^
But they are treated by the press as celebrities not royals, you only have to see who are their friends. IMO I'm sure that the queen would not be happy if her grandchildren would go out with them.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Today a "royal expert" of the German TV-channel "RTL" said that Harry is invited to Victoria ´s wedding and therefore could meet Madeleine, blah, blah....
I can´t remember to have ever seen William or Harry attending a royal wedding in another royal house. As far as I know "only" Edward and Sophie attend those festivities. Does anybody know if Harry is indeed invited?
Sorry if this question was discussed before but I´m not very often in the Harry and William-thread.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Charles has attended some royal weddings.
It's very very doubtful that Harry will attend, there have been rumours about William attending but as he's out of the country when the wedding is taking place, it's unlikely again.
Prince Charles and The Duchess Of Cornwall are attending.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes Victoria, Haakon and Frederik are rumoured to be like brothers and sisters. They all very close, Victoria is the youngest, and Frederik the eldest I thing.
Madeleine is the same age as William, but if we're counting Crown Princes/s then yes Victoria is closest.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well thats the press that treats them that way. They do there fair share of royal events, just about as much as William and Harry I think. I understand what your saying about them looking like celebrities and not really royalty, but due to the fact of where they live Monaco the heart of billionaires and celebrities it's undoubtful that they would sort of mould to the celebrity lifestyle.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Courtier

So all that is needed is someone to count someone as royalty. Once again, I have to reiterate, they are NOT royalty and there is no way that someone´s opinion is going to change that. But I am sure you don´t talk to anyone at Le Rosey about their titles I´ll give you that.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

What's Le Rosey? Asks Russo the clueless.. . .
Old 04-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
So all that is needed is someone to count someone as royalty. Once again, I have to reiterate, they are NOT royalty and there is no way that someone´s opinion is going to change that. But I am sure you don´t talk to anyone at Le Rosey about their titles I´ll give you that.
No it isn't just somones opinion that makes them royal, i could think your royal, but as far as I know, you aren't.
You can reiterate it as many times as you like, but that isn't going to change my opinion, that I still class the title Serene Highness as royalty, yes I know the trio don't have the title, but the are descendants from someone who did. If we talked about everyones titles we would be there a long long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
What's Le Rosey? Asks Russo the clueless.. . .
A private education school in switzerland attended by quite a few royals. There is a thread about it in the TRF.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was hoping this Harry and Madeleine thing wouldn't get out of hand. It's silly and stupid. The media loves to play matchmaker.

Prince Charles usually attends weddings. I'm also pretty sure Harry and Will isn't going to be at Victoria's wedding. I would like to see Queen Elizabeth attend a wedding other than the Brit royals every now and then.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Isn't it true that Victoria, Frederik and Haakon speak on the phone on a regular basis? If so perhaps they are close because they are all from scandinavian countries.
Yea they are really close. They seem too have a good time when around one another. I probably shouldn't say this, but I always thought Victoria and Frederik would have made a cute couple. Too bad they have their own countries to run....

Tags
european royalty, prince william, relationships