William and Harry: Contact with Foreign Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles and Diana was good friends with ex.King Konstantine of Greece and his wife Anne- Marie. They have children that are about the same age as William and Harry. So I think they are friends...

And William and Harry are close to their cousins Zara and Peter Phhilips aswell

P. Charles had King Konstantine help him to sneak around when he got back together with Camila so I doubt they are "Friends of Diana" plus KK will do just about anything to exploit his distant cousinship with Prince Philip:( most of P. Charles's bud were not close to Diana at the most their kids were in the same schools and same social circle.

Wittykitty

I think most of his friends are from the English Aristocracy or from old untitled families. I've never seen pics of him or his brother socialicing with princes etc from Europe

I think that the problem is a gap in a generation. Frederick, Willem-Alexander, Felipe etc are quite a few years older than William & Harry and that gulf will have widened now they are married. The same with Hamzah of Jordan who is closer to William in age but now has a wife.

the boys are the same age as the two eldest luxembourg princes, they even all live in london

i think he needs to make some friends
it is always good to have people near rthat is going though the same thing

when he starts to attend royal events in other countries he will start to make friends with other royals

Josefine said:
when he starts to attend royal events in other countries he will start to make friends with other royals
I agree. When he begins to undertake offical events and begins to actually do his duties he will at least become aquaintanced with the other Royals. As of right now though, he's only interested in himself, and therefore I believe his friends are only those who are members of his social class. (Although he claims he's friends with people of all different backgrounds-I just don't see William being close chums with someone who can't run in his circles of money.)

i think thats because people of certain wealth feel akward talking about money to people who dont live the silver plate life... where as people who are privalleged can feel at ease knowing there friends are kinda on the same footing... i may be wrong... but in this day and age its so true

bad_barbarella said:
i think thats because people of certain wealth feel akward talking about money to people who dont live the silver plate life... where as people who are privalleged can feel at ease knowing there friends are kinda on the same footing... i may be wrong... but in this day and age its so true
I agree that there is a certain uncomfortable feeling that can come with associating with people outside "the wealth circle." I myself was brought up in a way where I won't have to worry about money in my life, but I chose to go to a public school (unlike my siblings who chose boarding schools), and associated with people of the middle class and what not...I took a lot of flack for coming from the background I did and unfortuanetly that is why siblings chose the paths they chose. I think it's probably hard on both sides of the coin, and I have to try and remember when I criticize William and Harry (as I did in the above post-sort of), that not only are the of enormous wealth but also unbelievable public stature and so there are so many more restrictions and questions and just general uncomfortabilities placed on them. My only problem is that William claims he wouldn't care, and maybe he wouldn't, but spending his time in the VIP section of clubs and telling "ordinary people" who are just curious to slub off doesn't seem as though he's too trusting.

I hope this post didn't make me sound like I was bragging, or anything too horrible, I was just trying to bring a little back ground to my postings and feelings.

no way... its not braging... i come from a family of extreme brain lol... you should always be proud not matter what...

you know i see william ending up marrying someone really pure... down to earth... like a goddess... like his mother... someone whos background doesnt matter... but is really down to earth

Does anybody know if Wills and Harry have ever really met their European counterparts and if they chat with them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of the CP's attended Prince Charles' 60th birthday, I know Princess Victoria did. Some of them have made state visits.

Seeing as how neither of the boys travel with their father & stepmother or grandmother and grandfather for state visits, the only time they would is when those particular royals come to England and William and Harry are included in the festivities, which I believe most of the time they aren't. William is merely the heir of the heir and Harry is his brother, so neither represent England on these visits in the capacity their father does.

I'm sure they have met a few of them, but I don't think they speak to one another on a regular basis -- why would they?

If they had become friends in one way or another.
William and Harry share with the other Princes/ss the fact that they have titles. Only other princes/ss understand how life must be like for William and Harry, plus they share similar interests i presume. I'm sure they'd have pretty decent conversations were they to know each other. :)

^^
The problem is that there are not many important royals in their age bracket, maybe that's one of the reason they are not very close them

Yes, were they to know each other. I don't think they do, aside from the rare times they are at the same functions. They might share a few words then, but I don't think Wills has Victoria's cell phone number on his phone.

Closest royals would be the swedish trio. Madeleine is the same age as William. The Casiraghi children are younger then Wills and Harry.

You never know, they might have all the royal families on speed dial.
The swedish trio, could have made numerous visits in disguises to visit the princes and to party all night. ;)

The monaco trio are more or less the same age but they are not "royal", and they don't have a good reputation so I doubt that P.W/H would be more than acquaintances with them.

And I don't think that they have a close relationship with any european royal, the BRF has always had a distant relationship with them, so I doubt that the princes have changed that

It's a shame if William isn't acquainted with them as I think he could benefit from it since they all have the common factor of being a royal. Who else can really understand what it's like to be a royal except another royal? They could all be a great support system for each other.

Oh copy that! After watching "Young Victoria" it seems that Albert understood that well and it would have been a nice pipe dream would Wills and Madeline have found that with each other. Ah, of course this is the Merlot talking . . . :wine:

:cheers:

I think the current crop of "Crown" royalty are far too young to be in the same group as, say, Prince Charles and CP Camilla. Except for Victoria of course, who is betwix and between. By the bye, I think Daniel's hardest hurdle to jump was formally meeting Victoria's de facto "big brothers" as her husband to be, that is to say Frederik and Haarkon. Unfortunately her younger siblings and William and Harry have had little time to spend with each other and less to form any close bonds.

As to the statement that neither William nor Harry are or have ever been interested in the Bernadotte girls or any other young royals, well let's just remember that girls in particular grow up faster that boys and while Wills and Harry were having a blast tearing around on their dirt bikes or polo ponies, Victoria and Madeleine were slaying all and sundry in the aisles at the annual Noble Gala's.

The Casaraghi's are a wierd combination of semi-royal "celebrities" and whilst Charlotte is a true beauty, they are all way too sophisticated and self involved to be even a consideration.

As to Madeleine's future . . . . who can tell.

It's a shame if William isn't acquainted with them as I think he could benefit from it since they all have the common factor of being a royal. Who else can really understand what it's like to be a royal except another royal? They could all be a great support system for each other.

Thats what i think, he should at least know them, if not dating them.
The Casiraghi's are royalty, they are grandsons/daughters of the Prince Rainer, they just bear no royal title. Like Zara and Peter Phillips.

^^
Imo they are in another scale than the rest of the royals, and their reputation is not good. Moreover I doubt that the BRF and the monaco royals have much in common.

I've been reading an article in Vanity Fair about Caroline and her husband and some unknown german aristocrat said that their circle didn`t like Caroline, she was not invited to any of their parties before their marriage and that they won't be sorry of not seeing her anymore after the divorce. So I don't see how could they be friends with the BRF when Caroline is only invited because she is now a Hannover :rolleyes:

Friendships can happen in mysterious ways. Some of Harry's friends are worse than Charlotte.
I don't see whats wrong with the reputation of the Monanesque children, i don't think they have ever done anything that bad.
There is a stigma surrounding the Monaco family that they are so risque, but the children haven't done that much wrong. :ermm:
Just because the Germans don't like her, doesn't mean Harry and William wouldn't.

Thats what i think, he should at least know them, if not dating them.
The Casiraghi's are royalty, they are grandsons/daughters of the Prince Rainer, they just bear no royal title. Like Zara and Peter Phillips.

Lumutqueen the Grimaldis are NOT royalty, Prince Rainier was a Serene Highness and so are his children except for Caroline, who from the day she married into royalty, - Ernst - she has HRH and is now considered royalty through marriage. Her daughter by Ernst is the only real royalty in the whole family.
This has been explained many many times and I am surprised that at Le Rosey they haven´t put you straight about this as there are lots of Serenes and Royals there and they know the difference. :whistling:

Lumutqueen
I'm not saying that they are bad (well, they are no saints); but imo they attract too much attention, they are more known as celebrities than as royals. They are just not in the same level; that's why I explained that even the german aristrocacy didn't like her, and in the royal affairs she is only invited because she is the princess of Hannover not because she is a princess on her own right.

If P.W and P.H were friends with them they would attract much more speculation than they do now. It's not the same if the friends are not so famous even if they have bad reputation.

The monaco trio only moves in the celebrity world, they have never been invited to any royal occasion.

Edit: And as Wisteria said they are not even royals

Okay at Le Rosey i certainly don't talk to my friends about there titles.
But i do understand the difference between serenes and royals. Seeing as one of the Casiraghi trio will one day be the reigning prince of Monaco, I count them as royalty. My opinion of course.

(I found this older thread which seems more appropriate than the Girlfriends and Press Thread)

I think the current crop of "Crown" royalty are far too young to be in the same group as, say, Prince Charles and CP Camilla. Except for Victoria of course, who is betwix and between. By the bye, I think Daniel's hardest hurdle to jump was formally meeting Victoria's de facto "big brothers" as her husband to be, that is to say Frederik and Haarkon. Unfortunately her younger siblings and William and Harry have had little time to spend with each other and less to form any close bonds.

The Casaraghi's are a wierd combination of semi-royal "celebrities" and whilst Charlotte is a true beauty, they are all way too sophisticated and self involved to be even a consideration.
If anyone is betwix and between I would have to say Prince Phillipe of Belgium. At 50 yrs. he's right in the middle of Charles (Charles is 60-ish?) and William at 27. I think Victoria is the closest to William's age. The other princes are late 30's. Perhaps when William is a few years older he can establish close friendships with the other royal houses. I think it would benefit him in his position.

Isn't it true that Victoria, Frederik and Haakon speak on the phone on a regular basis? If so perhaps they are close because they are all from scandinavian countries.

I agree the Casiraghis seem to be in a league all their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom