Which name do you prefer for Kate (Catherine) Middleton?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which name do you prefer for Kate(Catherine) Middleton?

• Kate

Votes: 50 35.7%
  • Catherine

Votes: 81 57.9%
  • Katy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katie

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cate

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Kat

• Kitty

• Kit

• Cathy

• Cathie

• Kathie

• other (please specify)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ysbel

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
New York
Country
United States
This poll was requested by Donna B.

We all know what the tabloids say which name Wills' girlfriend prefers but I'd like to know which you prefer. Vote in the poll and say why you picked the name you did. Above all let's have some fun with it.

Thank you Ysbel!

I picked Kate mainly because it's a cute name and I like the sound of Princess Kate, Lady Kate, or whatever title she'll get when she Marries Wills.
William and Kate Wales, 2007 is THE year.......maybe, lol.:flowers:

Donna B.

my vote is Catherine because she told Sun newspaper she says let her called Catherine very respectives because her real name of her birth name

Princess Catherine is much better than Princess Kate but for me I find Kate rolls of my tongue more.

It is just habit, because she has been known as Kate from her beginnings in the press that is stuck in my brain.

Catherine sounds very regal to me, much more than Kate (even if I like this name a lot). Princess Kate... Sounds trash too me. Prince William and Princess Catherine sounds good, regal, dignified...

It has to be Catherine, IMO. It sounds so much better with Princess than Kate. :flowers:

Wow, this is so interesting! I truly thought "Kate" would win hands down. "Catherine" isn't so bad, I suppose I could get used to it.;)

The true test will be when William and Kate/Catherine get engaged and we'll get to hear what he calls her. I've seen a video either on this site or YouTube and William introduced himself as Will. It was a video from when he was in Chile and he was in front of a class of kids.

Donna B.

I prefer Kate because it doesn't sound so stuffy, which is what I think the Winsdors need, IMO. I really hope Prince William hangs onto this girl, she would do the country proud, she acts like she would make a great Princess.

Catherine of course.
Like there are any other options...:ROFLMAO:

Catherine is a beautiful name and she should be called that instead of 'kate' !

I'm all for using real names. I also prefer William over Wills and Henry over Harry.

My vote is for Kate...personal preference- I just always think of her as Kate Middleton. Maybe it works better as Wills and Kate, or Prince William and Princess Catherine. Other members, do you agree?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree LadyK. I don't calle him William, but instead Wills, but when I put the Prince with it then William. Kind of confusing, sorry. But as for Kate, it's always Kate.

I picked Kate. I think if she becomes princess she should be called Catherine, but thats a large name to say all the time so I think Kate is a cute nickname.

I voted catherine, It sounds more appropriate than kate

Hey guys, this thread was meant to be light hearted. If you want to talk about Kate's suitability, the seriousness of her parking tickets, etc. take a look at the Expectations of Kate thread (as I'm sure you all have)

Cheers.
ysbel
British forums moderator

I voted for Catherine as Kate to me is a little girl's name while Catherine is the name for when they grow up.

I chose Catherine. I think it's a very regal sounding name, I think it's grown-up sounding, and whatever title she has when [or if] she marries William, it will sound better with "Catherine" coming after it. Princess, Duchess, Countess, Lady, Queen.....doesn't matter.

I like that Kitty was thrown in there. My cousin's name is Katherine and everyone calls her Kitty. That might be a little too informal for public use, but maybe Wills calls her that when they're alone. ;)

'Catherine' is more regal especially for a princess...but Kate is not a princess so I voted that I prefer 'Kate'.

If Miss Middleton bacome a royal consort, of course Princess Catherine sounds better than Princess Kate. I voted for Catherine. I read somewhere that she prefers to be called Catherine and only madia chose to call her Kate, same as with Diana, called by media Di.

Last edited:
I voted for Kate I have just always liked the name it may well be Catherine if the become engaged or when she is given a title but I think Kate would work just as well.:flowers:

I voted for Catherine because I like that name and it sounds regal to me.

I picked Kitty, because I thought someone should! Then I discovered someone else had too, so I am obviously not the only odd one here:lol:

Catherine is a lovely name and certainly sounds more regal, but I fear she's going to be stuck with Kate. Whatever the correct form, "Princess Kate" is just so much easier to say and print than "Catherine, Duchess of (whatever)".

I picked Kate just because I like the sound of it.
Catherine is more regal, of course, but I see nothing wrong with Kate as well.

For now, I'll go with Kate. However, if there is a announcement later, I'll go with whatever name she decides to be formally known as. She should have the final say.

For now, "Kate" is a nice and approachable-sounding name. It's very unintimidating and friendly. However, *if/when* she becomes a princess, "Catherine" would be the best/only choice for an official name.

I'm using Kate since everybody calls her that and I've yet to hear from her own lips that she prefers Catherine... and on TRF "Kate" is quicker to type!:lol: But I fully agree with Incas, I will use whatever name she decides to use.

If she is engaged she will give an engagement interview I expect and then she will be able to say.

But in terms of titles, her real name won't appear in her title, whatever it is. She will never be "HRH Catherine, the Duchess of Clarence" or whatever. She'll just be "The Duchess of Clarence" or "Princess William of Wales" and her name wouldn't be in her title unless she got divorced, which I hope would never happen!

She would join a long line of Queens named Catherine:

Catherine de Valois (Henry V)
Catherine of Aragorn (Henry VIII)
Catherine Howard (Henry VIII)
Catherine Parr (Henry VIII)
Catherine of Braganza (Charles II)

(before standard spelling there were many variants on the name, and still are, but it's the same name!)

Yes, evidently she would/should use her full christened name. But many people have family nick names or names of endearment from their partners. So I doubt they go around calling each other Catherine and William.

Well observed Frothy, just what I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom