Which name do you prefer for Kate (Catherine) Middleton?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which name do you prefer for Kate(Catherine) Middleton?

• Kate

Votes: 50 35.7%
  • Catherine

Votes: 81 57.9%
  • Katy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katie

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cate

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Kat

• Kitty

• Kit

• Cathy

• Cathie

• Kathie

• other (please specify)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine is a nice name I agree with you in that, but it doesn't suit her at all. So I voted Kate...plain just like Kate herself. ;)

I like Catherine - it's regal.

However, whatever she prefers to be called, and whatever she may be called in private, I think that in the media she will always be 'Kate'. It's like 'Di' 'Wills' and 'Fergie' - once the media brands someone, it rarely changes.

I personally like Kate more but I agree that if she ever becomes queen of England, Catherine is more appropriate.

Catherine
because she is future Queen for British Monarchy

* The poll is now closed *

Members' preferences for Ms Middleton's name:

Catherine - 58%
Kate - 36%
Daylight third.

Thanks to everyone who cast a vote and contributed to the thread. :flowers:

~ ° ~

How about Prince William's supposed name of choice, 'Babykins'? :lol:

We would sooner see the historical proclaimation of HRH, Duchess Wallis of Cornwall.

I've said this before, but I voted for Catherine. 1) Because it's her given name and it's her first name. And 2) Because I've read that she actually prefers to be called by her first name rather than the nickname "Kate". Catherine is a nice name, and it's her actual name. Her middle name is Elizabeth but no one is calling her "Libby" or "Liz" :lol:

TonyaR said:
I've said this before, but I voted for Catherine. 1) Because it's her given name and it's her first name. And 2) Because I've read that she actually prefers to be called by her first name rather than the nickname "Kate". Catherine is a nice name, and it's her actual name. Her middle name is Elizabeth but no one is calling her "Libby" or "Liz" :lol:

Well, that's because for the most part, people aren't addressed by their middle names unless they asked to be addressed that way.

If and when Prince William marries Kate Middleton she will probably be styled (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with this) as Her Royal Highness Catherine The Princess of Wales. But amoung the press she'll probably be known as Princess Catherine, but William, the royal family, her friends and family will probably still call her Kate.

I chose "other."

Princess Consuelo Banana Hammock

Shadiyah2086 said:
If and when Prince William marries Kate Middleton she will probably be styled (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with this) as Her Royal Highness Catherine The Princess of Wales. But amoung the press she'll probably be known as Princess Catherine, but William, the royal family, her friends and family will probably still call her Kate.

If she married William when he is Prince of Wales, she will be styled "Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales"

I just noticed the "Kit" option. I voted for Catherine but I love the "Kit" idea. It's so cute.

Shadiyah2086 said:

First she'd be HRH Princess William of Wales. After William becomes PoW, she'd be HRH The Princess of Wales. I'm sure the media will call her Catherine, Princess of Wales, much like they did Diana when she held that title.

However, the Queen may grant William a dukedom when he marries if she's still alive, and in that case Catherine would be HRH The Duchess of _____.

I think Catherine is a lovely name,and it is her birth name. But she's obviously benn called Kate all her life, so i think she should be called Kate, since thats what everyones probably always called her!

I think William and Catharine compliment each other and sounds regal.

I'd read in several articles that she has actually been called by her given name of Catherine for most of her life, and that she wasn't called "Kate" until either her last year at Marlborough or her first year at St. Andrews.

Either way, if she has decided that she wants to go back to being called Catherine again, then I think her wishes should be respected simply because it's her name. I do think the press will continue to call her 'Kate' though, simply because the press seems to favour short and sweet nicknames. ;)

Its probably a moot point, unless Prince William decides to marry her, which as each day goes by seems very unlikely. Kate was good enough when she planned on being a Princess and future Queen. Its her name, if she wish's a more regal sounding name...go for it.

Ah, lynda. Welcome to the forums and thanks for reminding us to close this thread we had started when Wills and Kate were still dating.

If you want to discuss Kate, there is a thread on Ex-Partners of Royals in the Royal Chitchat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom