When will William marry and what style of wedding?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some phycic said it was at 26 and that he would get the thrown young and charles wouldnt be king

its would must be at 30 years old mostly royals getting married at 30 years old or more over 30's like his dad the Prince of Wales who been married to his mum the Princess Diana in 1981 its LAW! if he would become King MUST!

Sara Boyce

He will probably not get married till he finishes college and gets a few years of royal duty under his belt. Whether he marries Kate or someone else is yet to be seen.

My guess is he probably doesn't want to repeat the mistake of his mother getting married too soon or the mistake of his father of playing around too much. "Shopping" is okay but he has to make a decision one of these days.
If Kate is the right one for him, he should marry her.

Ellie2 said:
at exactly 3:15pm on July 23 2010..who the hell knows
So funny.
What a silly question. Lots of silly questions around here lately.
If we ask when William is going to get married we might as well ask when he is going to go to the bathroom next.

bad_barbarella said:
why cant one get married while at uni?
William cant getting married at university because his grandmother the HM Queen is head of state and church of england you know that!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
William cant getting married at university because his grandmother the HM Queen is head of state and church of england you know that!

Sara Boyce
All his grandmother has to do is to give her permission for him to marry. There isn't a stipulation on WHEN he can marry. If he thinks he's found the love of his life at university and his grandmother approves he can.

his going to marry between the ages of 35-40...to some woman in her 20s...the girl will be some Princess from another country hehehe

omg princess alex of luxembourg... a bit pedifily like his dad and diana hehehehe:D

Please get back on topic here.

If you'd like to make personal and private comments to other members unrelated to this thread's subject, please do so via PM. Please do not disrupt an entire thread of relevant discussion to insert private jokes.

i think he will marry an aussie girl caz thats what the womans weekly physic said

whenever he wishes!!!!what a question!!!!even william himself doesnt know the answer

The Tony Blair government is going to change the law of sucession, because It says that all member of the royal family are forbidden to marry with a catholic person. So that the government is going to change it if William choose a catholic. Is to avoid the discrimination between religions. GOOD IDEA Tony Blair. :)

rchainho said:
The Tony Blair government is going to change the law of sucession, because It says that all member of the royal family are forbidden to marry with a catholic person. So that the government is going to change it if William choose a catholic. Is to avoid the discrimination between religions. GOOD IDEA Tony Blair. :)
Where did you get this information?

So that mean that William can marry with any gril without need to worry of her religion?

micas said:
William can marry with any gril without need to worry of her religion
I've asked this question before but got no answer for it.what if William marries a girl whith a religion out of christionary?then he wouldnt be able to marry in church and have the religious ceremonies and his children would be considered as illigitimates so cannot succeed the throne!!!!

I am sure the Queen has discussed this with William and Harry.

I know the Queen doesn't want them to marry a Catholic.English law forbids that a Catholic take the throne but I have heard that it could change if Parliament wants it to but that has yet to be seen.My personal feeling is that Catholics should still be refused the crown. (This is my personal feeling do not take offense. You can disagree but please no personal attacks)

If the Queen wanted Catholics on the throne she would've made steps to do so. Even if the law goes threw I highly doubt we will see a Catholic on the throne in our lifetime.

I don't think the children would be considered illegitimate as long as he was married to the mother but he may forfeit the crown. I am sure the Queen has made her wishes for William known to him and Charles.
If she was a non-religious person I am sure they would want her to put on a good show but other than that is anyones guess.

Last edited:
Cute Girl: Prince William, or anyone in line to the British throne, may, with permission of the monarch, marry anyone of any religion, other than Catholicism and not lose their place in the line of succession. It is merely Catholics who are discriminated against here. Theoretically, a Muslim, Buddhist or Jewish young lady could be the next Princess of Wales, but not a Catholic, under current law.

Prince Charles wants monarchy open to Catholics

Details have been released of a private conversation in which Britain's Prince of Wales expressed his desire to see the Church of England disestablished as the state church, and the possibility of a Catholic monarch.

Details have been released of a private conversation in which Britain's Prince of Wales expressed his desire to see the Church of England disestablished as the state church, and the possibility of a Catholic monarch.

The Daily Telegraph has published details of the conversation which took place five years ago with Liberal Democrat leader Paddy Ashdown, then leader of the Opposition Tony Blair, and Chief Rabbi Jonathan Sacks.

The paper says Ashdown's diary records the Prince asking Sacks: "Are you making an argument for disestablishment?" Mr Ashdown intervened: "Yes, of course, he is and he's right." Mr Ashdown then records: "Charles looked at me, smiled broadly and said, 'I really can't think why we can't have Catholics on the throne'." A St James's Palace spokesman said on Monday night: "Obviously it was a private conversation and sounds to me as if it was a quiet aside. But the Prince has always had a strong sense of the country being for all faiths."

Vicomtesse said:
So funny.
What a silly question. Lots of silly questions around here lately.
If we ask when William is going to get married we might as well ask when he is going to go to the bathroom next.
Why post if you think its such a silly question?

btsnyder said:
Cute Girl: Prince William, or anyone in line to the British throne, may, with permission of the monarch, marry anyone of any religion, other than Catholicism and not lose their place in the line of succession. It is merely Catholics who are discriminated against here. Theoretically, a Muslim, Buddhist or Jewish young lady could be the next Princess of Wales, but not a Catholic, under current law.
Thank you,I wonder about this law,seems strange

To understand this law you need to understand the religious and political context in which it was passed.

It is part of the Act of Settlement of 1701.

In the early 1500s the vast majority of Europeans were Roman Catholic in faith with a very small minority of Jews. No one really claimed to be non-religious.

In the early 1500s various people, including Martin Luther, challenged the authority of the Roman Catholic Church. In England Henry VIII argued in support of the Pope and Roman Catholicism for which the Pope of the day rewarded him with the title Defender of the Faith (a title still held by the Queen today).

In the 1530s Henry VIII split from the Roman Catholic Church, ostensibly over the right to divorce his wife to get a male heir but also due to his desire to acquire the wealth of the church naming this church as the Church in England. He was actually bankrupt so the wealth of the church was an attractive proposition.

When he died his son establised the Church of England but his sister tried to return the English to Roman Catholicism. Elizabeth I then established her religious settlement which established the Church of England as the church of the country.

In the 1600 the Stuarts were more in tune with the Roman Catholic Church, especially Charles I, who lost his head one January morning and his second son James II.

The majority of the people however had been converted to the Church of England and were fearful of a return to the authority of Roman Catholicism.

When James II succeeded to the throne his heirs were his two daughters and all seemed well as these two young ladies were definitely Anglican. Had James not remarried and his wife had a son he may very well have remained on the throne.

However when the son was born the people in power feared a return to Roman Catholicism with an RC king and an heir that would be raised in that faith. These men then forced James to flee and to take his son with him. This is the famous Glorious Revolution of 1688.

The parliament then invited James' eldest daughter Mary II to become Queen and she shared the throne with her husband William III. When they both died the younger daughter became Queen as Queen Anne.

During her reign she had many children but none survived childhood so the government had to decide on a successor. One thing they didn't want was a Roman Catholic as fear of the power of the Pope interferring in the government was still quite strong. They decided to pass an act that passed the throne to the next non-Roman Catholic heir - the Electress Sophie of Hannover.

Religion was still very important to people and their were all sorts of restrictions placed on Roman Catholics such as they couldn't be members of Parliament or officers in the army. These restrictions were lifted in the 1820s.

I believe there were 57 or so people with better claims to the throne than her but they were Roman Catholic.

In addition they didn't want a repeat of the situation in 1688 or the 1630s and 1640s where the Queen Consort was Roman Catholic and therefore any heir would possibly be raised in that faith so they included a clause that said that anyone marrying a Roman Catholic, or converting to Roman Catholicism was to be ineligible for the throne.

It was a long time ago but is still an active Act of Parliament as it has seen Prince Michael of Kent and one or two of his nephews relinquish their place in the succession due to their marriage or conversion.

At the time in which the Act was passed it was not conceived that a Christian would marry a non-Christian which is why today William etc can marry a Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, Satanist etc and not lose their position in the succession but marriage to a Roman Catholic would cost them that position.

Personally I think the Act needs to be modified but....

Sorry if this seems long winded but as an history teacher by trade I think understanding the historical context is easier than simply being told this is the case without a real explanation behind it.

Last edited:
i want him to marry paris so all those stupid royal rules would go down the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom