When will William marry and what style of wedding?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are asking about Lady Sarah Chatto (aka Lady Sarah Princess Margaret's child), I think has been married for awhile and has at least two children.

Lady Jane Fellows has been married awhile and has several children of her own.

Are these the two women you are wondering about?

I was wondering about Lady Sarah (Diana older sister) but I couldn't remember her last name (it's McCorquodale). I know that both of her sisters have children around William and Harry age so I was wondering if any of there children were married.

I don't know if any of Diana's sisters' children are married, but I'm fairly certain the oldest one is only 25 or 26, which seems young to me. I doubt in this day and age William will be married before his late 20s or early 30s.

margotantoinette said:
I don't know if any of Diana's sisters' children are married, but I'm fairly certain the oldest one is only 25 or 26, which seems young to me.
Both of Diana's sisters are married, and each has three children. Lady Sarah was born in 1955 and Lady Jane was born in 1957.
Here is a link to the Spencer Family. There is a PDF file Family Tree at the bottom left of that page.

If William and Kare Marry in The Queens Lifetime and Become Lets Say Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and have 4 Children Arthur , Helena, Fraces, George. what will the children be styled??

US Weekly is reporting this week that Harry will pop the question to Chelsy...but his aides are nervous about how she'll handle the media attention.

If William and Kare Marry in The Queens Lifetime and Become Lets Say Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and have 4 Children Arthur , Helena, Fraces, George. what will the children be styled??

Under the current Letters Patent issued in 1917 Arthur would be HRH Prince Arthur of Cambridge while Helena, Frances and George would be styled as the sons of a Duke - i.e. Lord/Lady.

The LPs only allow for the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales to have the HRH during the reign of a reigning monarch.

This means that only William's eldest son could have the HRH during the reign of the present Queen, unless she changes to LPs. What would happen if Charles predeceased the Queen (which I certainly hope doesn't happen), these LPs still apply but I suspect that new LPs may be issued in the same way that new ones were issued in 1948 giving the HRH to the children of the present Queen as the 1917 LPs only allows for the children on the sons of a monarch to be HRH. When the then Princess Elizabeth was close to giving birth to Charles LPs were issued to give him and any other children the HRH from birth or otherwise they would have become HRH only in 1952 when their mother became the Queen.

HRH Prince/ss A of Cambridge I imagine. They are the heirs apparent, so definately HRH, yes? Should Charles live to inherit, or for that matter should C predecease QEII, William becomes POW... I dont know if the children's title changes to HRH Prince/ss A of Wales at that point?

HRH Prince/ss A of Cambridge I imagine. They are the heirs apparent, so definately HRH, yes? Should Charles live to inherit, or for that matter should C predecease QEII, William becomes POW... I dont know if the children's title changes to HRH Prince/ss A of Wales at that point?

It will actually change once Prince Charles becomes King. When he does, Prince William titles will be, for example, Prince ?of Wales.

Under the present LPs only the eldest son would be HRH.

The LPs currently restrict the HRH title to the children of the monarch - Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward, male-line grandchildren of the monarch - William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise (I know she isn't using HRH but she is entitled), Duke of Gloucester, Duke of Kent, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra of Kent (these last four are male-line grandchildren of George V just like the Queen and Princess Margaret who were also born HRH due to being male-line grandchildren). The spouses of the males also hold the HRH - thus Camilla, Sophie, Duchess of Gloucester, Duchess of Kent and Princess Michael of Kent are also HRH.

After male-line grandchildren the only other person to have the HRH is the eldest son of the eldest son of the heir to the throne i.e. William's eldest son would get HRH but none of his other children unless new Letters Patent are issued.

As for the Prince of Wales title William will NOT automatically get that title. It will be up to Charles assuming that Charles succeeds his mother.

When the present Queen dies, Charles will automatically become King and William will automatically become Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Rothsay etc. At some time after his accession Charles may decide to create William Prince of Wales. Charles himself had to wait 6 years after becoming heir to the throne. George V waited nine months or so after the death of Queen Victoria before Edward VII created him Prince of Wales. George V was known throughout most of 1901 as Duke of Cornwall and York.

If Charles should predecease the Queen she may decide to create William Prince of Wales but William then won't become either Duke of Cornwall or Rothsay as those titles can only be held by the eldest son of the monarch who is also heir to the throne.

I think Willam will marry if he has the feeling to do that. This could be in the next time, this could be in a further time.

i think it's going to happen pretty soon (maybe next year) considering his relationship...anyway i wish he will marry someone who he really wants and who he can really trust and love and not someone the place or the press or the people say is suited.

He will Marry by 2009 He knows especially now (After what happened with his Younger Brother) That he needs to make Kate an Honest Woman. just my 2 cents

I do not believe Prince William will marry Kate. I believe they will break up if they haven't already and he will find someone else. :angel:

No it will be Kate (settle down everybody lol) and they will last. No Lovers and stuff like Charles and Di.

I love Elizabeth Taylor, even if she is a little scary there!

Perhaps he'll do as Albert of Monaco and NEVER marry. I could do without the illegitimate children though!

OMG what a brilliant find, that Liz Taylor thing. She's brilliant. Classic.

The illegitimate child thing is fine for the Grimaldis, because they seem to accept it and acknowledge the children, which I respect a lot. But the Windsors never acknowledge their illegitimate offspring, do they? I think Mark Phillips acknowledged one of his illegitimate kids, but anyone else?
Well, going way back...... Henry VIII acknowledged the Fitzroy boy, even gave him a title, but probably just because he was so desperate for a son and hoped he could somehow make the boy a suitable heir. Then there was Charles II; he liked to give his illegitimate sons titles, too, right?

Anyway, when will William marry? Or Harry?

I guess the unofficial "official" word is 2009 but I wish he will wait even longer. Kate seems to have some weird hold on him. Probably love. The length of their relationship suggests that they have surpassed the crucial test. By that I mean, they seem to be well beyond the "summer" phase. They have had many "winters" already in their relationship. So that speaks well.

But they have broken up several times, 3 times in four years if you believe the reports, and that I don't think speaks well. Their relationship seems to be, to put it nicely, slightly dysfunctional, imo. I hope that Will doesn't rush into anything. There is no need to, and I really hope he does not let anyone pressure or push him into making a commitment that isn't right. My personal opinion is that he should wait until his 30s to marry.

If kate and William are intending to marry something should be done soon "officiallly" because I'm not sure either kate or william will be able to stand the pressure without protection from the palace. Anyway, it wouldn't be fair to kate in MHO to have to put up with the press for another year

Yeah, good point, daisygoogles. Maybe they could do a Sophie & Edward. I think Sophie had some kind of official girlfriend status before the engagement. I recall that she was officially recognized by the Palace and therefore, joined the family sometimes at Sandringham for Christmas,to church on Christmas Day, even before she was officially engaged. I don't know what that meant as to her security, though.

So... If Kate is the one, why doesn't she have an official girlfriend status so she can join the royal family on some of their family events, Sandringham and church not clubbing at a birthday party (Peter Phillips).

Until there is an engagement announcement, Kate is not the princess-in-waiting the media makes her out to be but rather merely a girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom