The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Prince Harry

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 01:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafhaitian
Can you tell me abut Kate Middleton, is she good for HRH Prince Williams to be a wife? I love to know about her because I can see your comments about disliking Kate Middleton.
Deaf Haitian Aka Yolette,
The best place to read all about Kate is in the various threads which can be found here.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Yes, but if Andrea would end up as Queen of the UK, it's only right that William should be Princess of Monaco, you know.
That's not hardly fair, though! I mean, Andrea would be raising his status tremendously, but poor William would never be Queen. It's just not fair, I tell you!

Old 03-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Nobility

I think that William will marry much sooner that his dad did. I think late 20's. I also think that William will marry the first girl that he REALLY does love. I think that both boys have learned a hard lesson, because of the results of their parents marriage. Lets hope that level heads will come out on top.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone think he will marry after His Coranation or after his Acesssion
Old 03-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Depends how soon he becomes king. If the Queen continues for another 10 years and Charles is king for 10 years after that, I'm sure William will be married before he takes the throne.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

William could be 30 years or more away from the throne. Given the Queen's health, she could reign another 20 years and so could Charles.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

Isn't that a good thing, though? Gives him more time to grow?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Courtier

My guess is he won't even start to think about it until Peter and/or Zara get married. I think once you see close family members your age get married you start to think it might be your time soon.

Question : I know that some of Lady Sarah and Lady Jane children are either the same age or older than William. Does anyone know if they are married ?
Old 03-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Courtier

If you are asking about Lady Sarah Chatto (aka Lady Sarah Princess Margaret's child), I think has been married for awhile and has at least two children.

Lady Jane Fellows has been married awhile and has several children of her own.

Are these the two women you are wondering about?

:)
Old 03-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
My guess is he won't even start to think about it until Peter and/or Zara get married. I think once you see close family members your age get married you start to think it might be your time soon.

Question : I know that some of Lady Sarah and Lady Jane children are either the same age or older than William. Does anyone know if they are married ?
I think he is thinking about it. And, I think there has been some discussion about it behind the scenes and that it has been decided that William needs the uniform before marriage.

And, Kate needs her business before marriage as well. It will give her something to do while William is away, which should help keep the two together unlike Andrew and Sarah during their long time being apart.

:)
Old 03-12-2006, 02:21 AM
Gentry

i think he will marry when he turns 30 or 32.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
If you are asking about Lady Sarah Chatto (aka Lady Sarah Princess Margaret's child), I think has been married for awhile and has at least two children.

Lady Jane Fellows has been married awhile and has several children of her own.

Are these the two women you are wondering about?
I was wondering about Lady Sarah (Diana older sister) but I couldn't remember her last name (it's McCorquodale). I know that both of her sisters have children around William and Harry age so I was wondering if any of there children were married.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Gentry

I don't know if any of Diana's sisters' children are married, but I'm fairly certain the oldest one is only 25 or 26, which seems young to me. I doubt in this day and age William will be married before his late 20s or early 30s.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by margotantoinette
I don't know if any of Diana's sisters' children are married, but I'm fairly certain the oldest one is only 25 or 26, which seems young to me.
Both of Diana's sisters are married, and each has three children. Lady Sarah was born in 1955 and Lady Jane was born in 1957.
Here is a link to the Spencer Family. There is a PDF file Family Tree at the bottom left of that page.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

If William and Kare Marry in The Queens Lifetime and Become Lets Say Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and have 4 Children Arthur , Helena, Fraces, George. what will the children be styled??
Old 11-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Courtier

US Weekly is reporting this week that Harry will pop the question to Chelsy...but his aides are nervous about how she'll handle the media attention.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
If William and Kare Marry in The Queens Lifetime and Become Lets Say Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and have 4 Children Arthur , Helena, Fraces, George. what will the children be styled??

Under the current Letters Patent issued in 1917 Arthur would be HRH Prince Arthur of Cambridge while Helena, Frances and George would be styled as the sons of a Duke - i.e. Lord/Lady.

The LPs only allow for the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales to have the HRH during the reign of a reigning monarch.

This means that only William's eldest son could have the HRH during the reign of the present Queen, unless she changes to LPs. What would happen if Charles predeceased the Queen (which I certainly hope doesn't happen), these LPs still apply but I suspect that new LPs may be issued in the same way that new ones were issued in 1948 giving the HRH to the children of the present Queen as the 1917 LPs only allows for the children on the sons of a monarch to be HRH. When the then Princess Elizabeth was close to giving birth to Charles LPs were issued to give him and any other children the HRH from birth or otherwise they would have become HRH only in 1952 when their mother became the Queen.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
HRH Prince/ss A of Cambridge I imagine. They are the heirs apparent, so definately HRH, yes? Should Charles live to inherit, or for that matter should C predecease QEII, William becomes POW... I dont know if the children's title changes to HRH Prince/ss A of Wales at that point?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
HRH Prince/ss A of Cambridge I imagine. They are the heirs apparent, so definately HRH, yes? Should Charles live to inherit, or for that matter should C predecease QEII, William becomes POW... I dont know if the children's title changes to HRH Prince/ss A of Wales at that point?
It will actually change once Prince Charles becomes King. When he does, Prince William titles will be, for example, Prince ?of Wales.

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 11-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe when he 32 or more old.Maybe he'll marry next year.

Tags
engagement, marriage, prince william, wedding