What if William falls in love with a Catholic girl...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
which if william or harry into a Jewess African is or into one muslimin falls in love

deniz1999 said:
which if william or harry into a Jewess African is or into one muslimin falls in love
That's OK. The Act of Settlement disbars only Roman Catholics.

** and welcome to The Royal Forums deniz1999 **

Last edited:
why may he marry then no catholic??? what are of believe ago?? but Jewess muslimin... it may marry only if believes to change

deniz1999 said:
why may he marry then no catholic??? what are of believe ago?? but Jewess muslimin... it may marry only if believes to change
See branchg's post #146 below.

Which For A Relgiion Has The Quenn Us The Others

deniz1999 said:
Which For A Relgiion Has The Quenn Us The Others
It's a bit hard to understand your question deniz, but Queen Elizabeth is Anglican (ie Church of England), and in England she is the Head of the Church of England.

which for a religion is Anglican. I hear first time

I was reading the other day the official website of the Stewart claimant, it had a lot of constitutional information on the issue of marriage between an Anglican Prince/heir to a catholic person. This rule seems to apply only in England but not in Scotland. So, if William was King o Scotland only, it will be acceptable to marry a catholic person, but in the position of King of England this will disqualify him.

But, what if the lady in question converts before the marriage? :confused:

Toledo said:
But, what if the lady in question converts before the marriage? :confused:
See post #142 below.

branchg said:
I think it is extremely unlikely this will come up as William understands his future role as King and there are plenty of non-Catholics he is likely to encounter and marry at some point in the future.

I agree, branchg. The Royal Family is similar to a lot of upper class families who encourage their children to socialize where they most likely will find a suitable friends and significant others. American parents do that when they push their children to go to one university vs. another. When I was in college we studied an article on the whole fraternity/sorority scene in American colleges as a way of narrowing down the type of people young students were likely to come in contact with.

I think its highly doubtful given the social circles William hangs out in that he would ever get close enough to a Catholic to make it a possibility.

ysbel said:
I think its highly doubtful given the social circles William hangs out in that he would ever get close enough to a Catholic to make it a possibility.

Not true. Consider the family of the Duke of Norfolk... Catholics.

Andrew Parker Bowles dated Princess Anne (and according to some sources they had a passionate love affair)... Catholic.

Of course, he's going to know Catholic girls from "good" families, but William also knows the rules. He might date some, might even fall in love with one, but won't marry one.

iowabelle said:
Not true. Consider the family of the Duke of Norfolk... Catholics.

Andrew Parker Bowles dated Princess Anne (and according to some sources they had a passionate love affair)... Catholic.

Of course, he's going to know Catholic girls from "good" families, but William also knows the rules. He might date some, might even fall in love with one, but won't marry one.

I'm sure William knows plenty of Catholics from the aristocracy and from college, but he's not one to rock the boat. He will marry an appropriate girl when the time comes.

which is if it into one muslimin falls in love???ODER WITH ITS COUSIN

deniz1999 said:
which is if it into one muslimin falls in love???ODER WITH ITS COUSIN

That might be tricky, especially the cousin.

As a roman catholic this discrimination is kind of disappointing....but this was an interesting thread to read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom