The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Prince Harry

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 19th, 2004 - 11:20 pm
Quote:
tiaraprin*  Posted: Jun 19th, 2004 - 10:28 pm

if they remove the ban on Roman Catholics, than the Stuarts can come forward with more of a pressing case that they, not the Hanoverian Windsors, are the true heirs. The Stuarts were removed from the throne for being Roman Catholics ruling a predominantly Protestant nation with the Glorious Revolution of 1688.
The indignity of it all ... can you imagine, if a throne eligible royal could be allowed to marry a Catholic
... a "law-suit" going all the way up to (or starting? at) the "House of Lords" to resolve 316 years of an error-prone rule !!!!!!!!!
I was just quoting the facts King Christian--not passing judgement.

Old 06-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 18th, 2004 - 7:42 pm
of course William is going to fall in love with a Catholic girl, just like he's in love with girls from the Dutch Reformed Church and local gals from Africa with their local religions.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
tiaraprin  Posted: Jun 19th, 2004 - 11:51 pm
Quote:
The indignity of it all ... can you imagine, if a throne eligible royal could be allowed to marry a Catholic
... a "law-suit" going all the way up to (or starting? at) the "House of Lords" to resolve 316 years of an error-prone rule !
I am sorry that I offended you Tiaraprin ..... I was just making conversation. :) :)
Old 06-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 20th, 2004 - 12:03 am
Quote:
tiaraprin*  Posted: Jun 19th, 2004 - 11:51 pm
Quote:
... a "law-suit" going all the way up to (or starting? at) the "House of Lords" to resolve 316 years of an error-prone rule !
I am sorry that I offended you Tiaraprin ..... I was just making conversation. :) :)
Not offended King Christian--just thought that you believed I was passing judgment on it all. I was just trying to state the facts as I know them to be to the best of my knowledge.

Now, since you have started this conversation , Tell me why you talk about 316 years of misrule?? I love a good conversation!!! :P :woot:
Old 06-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
if they remove the ban on Roman Catholics, than the Stuarts can come forward with more of a pressing case that they, not the Hanoverian Windsors, are the true heirs. The Stuarts were removed from the throne for being Roman Catholics ruling a predominantly Protestant nation with the Glorious Revolution of 1688.
.. well, if (some of) the lower courts and the House of Lords found in favour of the Stuarts, then the actions/rule of the Windsors would be ?????
Old 06-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Royal Highness

Does the Stuart line want to return to the throne??? That is an important question!
Old 06-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Royal Highness

Who is the Stuart line ?

Like, have they been discussed at this board?
How prominent are they in English society today?
Old 06-20-2004, 01:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 20th, 2004 - 12:39 am
Who is the Stuart line ?

Like, have they been discussed at this board?
How prominent are they in English society today?
The Stuart line came to the throne in 1603 upon the death of Queen Elizabeth I. King James VI of Scotland was a cousin of the Queen and nearest blood relation. King Henry VII's daughter, Margaret, married into the Scottish royal family and this passed down to Mary, Queen of Scots, and her son, James VI of Scotland.

The Stuart line in Britain officially "ended" in 1714 with the death of Queen Anne. However, Queen Anne had a half brother who was Roman Catholic. The British people did not want a Catholic monarch and that was the reason her father, James II was dethroned during the Glorious Revolution of 1688 after the birth of a son. Many stories were made up that the baby was not the King and Queen's and had been smuggled into the birthing chamber in a bedwarmer. This is the reason there have been witnesses at every royal birth until George VI revoked it in 1948.

Anne's brother was the legitimate heir, but being Catholic, he was barred from the succession and the Hanoverians were called to the British throne. Their claim came from the Electress Sophia of Hanover, whose mother was a British Princess.

The Stuarts made attempts to reclaim the throne in the 1700's but were defeated by George I and George II of England.

Today, you don't hear much of the Stuarts. If anyone has any information, please add it to my posting. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Commoner

the present stuart(jacobite)heir is franz duke of bavaria.he has no children so the stuart claims will interestingly be passed to the crown princess of liechtenstein,his niece.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by kcc@Jul 12th, 2004 - 9:15 am
the present stuart(jacobite)heir is franz duke of bavaria.he has no children so the stuart claims will interestingly be passed to the crown princess of liechtenstein,his niece.
I'm guessing there was some inbreeding going on. :stuart:
Old 07-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Royal Highness

..what&#39;s the consensus about what will happen when William falls in <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>love</span> with a Catholic girl ?
Old 07-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

you know British Royal Families cant married with Catholic&#33; HM Queen Elizabeth 2 told kids and grandchildren dont allowed to married woman and man who are catholic makes more sinner&#33; but my step-father is catholic also&#33; but i cant married with catholic&#33; but my family is Baptist but im allowed to married no matters for me but if i become Crown Princess I will half with Baptist with church of England its examples for me&#33; but not now&#33; because im with Baptist and christian since i was baptism years ago i have approve it&#33;

i think church of England can allowed married with christian or Baptist no matters which religions are you? but im been grew-up as Baptist since i was childhood girl i went church lots in my hometown i went baptist church im really positives for me to have rights&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 07-17-2004, 02:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
..what&#39;s the consensus about what will happen when William falls in love with a Catholic girl ?

Then I guess the government will wish it had done something about the Act of Settlement before being backed into a corner.

It beggars belief that William would have to give up his position in the line of succession if he wanted to marry a Catholic, but he could marry a Satanist with no problem (as far as that particular Act was concerned, at any rate).

If they&#39;re going to have an Established Church, they should require that he marry a member of that church, since she&#39;d be crowned by the Archbishop in a C of E coronation. There&#39;s no reason to discriminate only against one branch of Christianity; in this day and age, when the monarch&#39;s religion doesn&#39;t affect people like it did back in the 17th century and earlier, it&#39;s an insult.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Humble

This British royal family is dull and getting archaic

They need a new blood in the family...
Old 07-22-2004, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

it&#39;s rumored that...

william is going out with an argentinian girl called paulina trotz, daughter of one of the most important private polo players in argentina, ernesto trotz
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-25-2004, 05:35 AM
Aristocracy

That&#39;s interesting news since he was sharing a house or flat with that other girl for quite a long whille. Is that over already?
Old 07-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble@Jul 17th, 2004 - 12:07 pm
This British royal family is dull and getting archaic

They need a new blood in the family...
Well, unless Parliament decides to change the law banning British Royals who marry Catholics to keep their place in the line of succession, then you are not going to see any new Catholic blood through William&#39;s line. I highly doubt he will fall in love with a Catholic girl because he knows that he can not marry a Catholic girl and be king at the same time, and he has come out and said he wishes to do his duty and be king. Now, if the girl he wishes to marry is Catholic, she can always convert and become Anglican and everything will be fine, whether she will be willing to do this is another story. Yet, unless that law is changed (I think it it"s a stupid law, but it&#39;s not high on Parliament&#39;s list to get rid of the law) I doubt William will marry a Catholic girl.

And to answer the question for which the thread is named, if William marries a Catholic girl, and she doesn&#39;t convert and become Protestant, then William wont be king.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

i agree with A.C.C.&#33;

I wanted William to become KING&#33; i dont wanted girls who are catholic get married at him like it&#33; because he is church of England because his grandmother the HM Queen is head of state and church of England but he still as future King of England after his dad and his grandmum.

Sara Boyce
Old 07-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Nobility

That will last about as long as Bush on Jeopardy. As soon as Queenie kicks the bucket, the royals will have to resign from being the heads of the Church of England.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by grecka@Jul 27th, 2004 - 4:54 pm
That will last about as long as Bush on Jeopardy. As soon as Queenie kicks the bucket, the royals will have to resign from being the heads of the Church of England.
It has lasted longer than Bush on Jeopardy (what hasn&#39;t ). The British Monarch has been head of the Church of England for over 500 years since Henry VIII. The British Monarch can&#39;t just "resign" from that job or rather postion, although i do see what you are saying. It would have to take an act of Parliament to remove the British monarch as head of the Church of England. Yet that idea is more than a simple political issue, it would drastically change the Church of England and the way it operates (even though the monarch is head of the church symbolically).

I must say though Grecka that you have some of the funniest posts and you make reading them enjoyable&#33;

Tags
act of settlement, catholicism, church of england, line of succession, prince william