The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2018, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
FYI - you're right. Queen Mathilde and Alex Lubomirski are both descendants of Prince Jozef Lubomirski (1751-1817).
I know! Although with Alexi’s eye for beauty, I can’t believe they didn’t. There is no way he would’ve let that veil go. The two indoors were quite traditional and what people would expect from royal wedding photos. But given that they went outside, there is hope.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I get the sense there are two sets of photos- the overly formal ones that are expected of royal wedding pictures. The first two belong to them.

But Harry and Meghan likely opted for a few personal ones. Especially for Meghan who would be more used to the more candid or at least casual ones.

I get the sense the black and white one may have been released as an after thought. Kind of like when they did the engagement photos, and they had the two traditional photos. And then as a thank you, they released the third photo where we saw the full dress. That the couple decided to share one of their more private photos with the public. I get the sense the black and white, or one like it, is likely the one they will feature most in their home.

Those less traditional I always like the best. My two friends I was maid of honor for, we had a lot of staged and formal ones. But it was some of the more casual ones that were favorites. Including one of my best friend's daughter in her flower girl dress. She had got a hold of one of my high heels I ditched, and was playing phone with it. My other friend, the best photo comes from after the photo shoot was meant to be done. We were waiting for all the guests to leave so we could proceed to the reception for the big entrance, and we were sprawled out on the grass enjoying the sun. The photographer hadn't left and snapped a shot of us which none of us realized. Both photos are framed on my shelf to this day.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:48 AM
Royal Highness

Wonderful photos.
- One Official Pic with the Queen.
- One still official one, but less formal, with a lot of fun (with the pageboys and flower girls)
- One just with the 2
Great job!
BYe Bine
Old 05-22-2018, 01:05 AM
Courtier

Absolutely stunning pics. So refreshing, romantic, full of joy. One can't help but smile. LOVE them!
Old 05-22-2018, 03:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I get the sense the black and white one may have been released as an after thought. Kind of like when they did the engagement photos, and they had the two traditional photos. And then as a thank you, they released the third photo where we saw the full dress. That the couple decided to share one of their more private photos with the public. I get the sense the black and white, or one like it, is likely the one they will feature most in their home.
I don't think so. They did the exact same thing as Prince William did with official photos - one of the close family, one with page boys and girls and one with just the two of them, the difference being the one with just the two of them is rather casual.
Tbh, I would rather see another "official" one, as it would showcase the dress and the veil much better.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Those two strands of hair, IMO, are going to be her signature look.

They'll be less noticeable when her hair is down. However, she'll probably have her hand there unconsciously as it may have become a habit.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:05 PM
Majesty

Not to veer off topic but may I suggest those lamenting the hair take a quick look at the Garden Party, the Sussex first royal engagement.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Not to veer off topic but may I suggest those lamenting the hair take a quick look at the Garden Party, the Sussex first royal engagement.
Yes, she looked stunning at the Garden Party. My favorite look so far.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I don't think so. They did the exact same thing as Prince William did with official photos - one of the close family, one with page boys and girls and one with just the two of them, the difference being the one with just the two of them is rather casual.
Tbh, I would rather see another "official" one, as it would showcase the dress and the veil much better.
I think there was likely a ton of other pictures taken. And more then one with just the couple. Probably a few stiff, formal ones, like the usual royal portraits. I think Harry and Meghan likely saw the black and white, one that was likely intended more for a private photo for their own (maybe friends and family) and decided to release it instead.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Only liked the pic of Harry and Meghan alone; there are too many people in the other ones. I know its customary but I prefer the one of them sitting on the stairs alone.

Tags
meghan markle, prince harry, prince harry of wales, wedding