Old 05-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Commoner

Thank you!

Old 05-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

Wedding of Harry and Meghan: Official Wedding Portraits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yes I realize that but her family tree also reveals relations to the princes Lubomirski.

Anyone closer than Anne Komorowskas great great great grandmother from her mother side?

Old 05-21-2018, 03:21 PM
Majesty

This is not the thread to discuss it, but I don't know and I am not even sure why it matters if it's any closer than that.

My point was that Mathilde's mother has a line of descent from the Lubomirski family and she does, same as the current queen of England has Hanover ancestors.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

all photos unique, very beautiful
Old 05-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I believe it's pretty traditional for pageboys in the UK to be dressed in either military-eque outfits or old fashioned outfits. With the royal men who've married in uniform (Charles, Andrew, William, and now Harry) the pageboy outfit have all been clearly inspired by the uniform that they wore. With Harry's pageboys it's kind of hard to give them colour when his own uniform was lacking in colour.

The TV commentators said the pageboy uniforms were based on the Blues and Royals uniform. I am not an expert in military attire, so I can't tell from the pictures.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The TV commentators said the pageboy uniforms were based on the Blues and Royals uniform. I am not an expert in military attire, so I can't tell from the pictures.

Henry and William were wearing Blues and Royals uniform, that of the household cavalry. Youll notice George has a similar frockcoat to Henry with the black lapels/feathers on the front.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:18 PM
Courtier

In a word? Perfect.

These pictures are absolutely stunning.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yes I realize that but her family tree also reveals relations to the princes Lubomirski.
FYI - you're right. Queen Mathilde and Alex Lubomirski are both descendants of Prince Jozef Lubomirski (1751-1817).
Old 05-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Courtier

I think the photos are very, very beautiful (how could they not be given how head over heals in love the couple look, how stunning the bride was and how adorable the children were) but the indoor ones seem a little dark. Maybe if they had been posed against a lighter background. Charles and Camilla used the White Drawing Room and I think that provided a lighter look to their photos.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:15 PM
Courtier

I'm not sure about the pictures. I find them all a bit too "Vogue" for my taste (dark and sultry and with a lot of contrasting light...).

The family one was the best one. A great picture overall. I like that it was "intimate."It really felt that way. A big "group" picture would have isolated Doria even more. Prince Harry looks great. I know she's the bride but Meghan takes a lot of space (wait, I'm going to explain..!!). What I mean is that I like to see wedding pictures where the bride and groom are equal, presenting themselves as a couple, as a unity, where one doesn't' hide, tower or outshine the other (especially if only 3 pictures are released!!!).

In the one with the pageboys and bridesmaids Prince Harry looks amazing! Really natural. What i didn't like was the unnatural "grins" on some of the children. I know it's hard to photograph little ones but still...Overall a lovely shot.

The one I really dislike is the black and white one. Am I going to get a lot of backlash if I say that it's very conventional and bourgeois? That's how I feel though. Meghan's hair with the two locks are so common. I think 9 out of 10 brides have inexplicably sported that trend for the past 20 years (WHY???). At least they're not ringlets., but so close... The pose is too intimate, yet so staged, again it could come from any ordinary, average couple's wedding book, which maybe is what they wanted but not what I personally like to see when reading about the BRF. My two cents...

But I have to say Prince Harry looks great in all three! Very relaxed and happy!
Old 05-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I'm not sure about the pictures. I find them all a bit too "Vogue" for my taste (dark and sultry and with a lot of contrasting light...).

The family one was the best one. A great picture overall. I like that it was "intimate."It really felt that way. A big "group" picture would have isolated Doria even more. Prince Harry looks great. I know she's the bride but Meghan takes a lot of space (wait, I'm going to explain..!!). What I mean is that I like to see wedding pictures where the bride and groom are equal, presenting themselves as a couple, as a unity, where one doesn't' hide, tower or outshine the other (especially if only 3 pictures are released!!!).

In the one with the pageboys and bridesmaids Prince Harry looks amazing! Really natural. What i didn't like was the unnatural "grins" on some of the children. I know it's hard to photograph little ones but still...Overall a lovely shot.

The one I really dislike is the black and white one. Am I going to get a lot of backlash if I say that it's very conventional and bourgeois? That's how I feel though. Meghan's hair with the two locks are so common. I think 9 out of 10 brides have inexplicably sported that trend for the past 20 years (WHY???). At least they're not ringlets., but so close... The pose is too intimate, yet so staged, again it could come from any ordinary, average couple's wedding book, which maybe is what they wanted but not what I personally like to see when reading about the BRF. My two cents...

But I have to say Prince Harry looks great in all three! Very relaxed and happy!

Those two strands of hair, IMO, are going to be her signature look.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Those two strands of hair, IMO, are going to be her signature look.
Oh Missjersey...I hope you're wrong... I predict she'll ditch them in a year!

Old 05-21-2018, 09:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Oh Missjersey...I hope you're wrong... I predict she'll ditch them in a year!

LOL, Im keeping my fingers crossed for that!
Old 05-21-2018, 10:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Im not sure what you are trying to convey. The bride is always the focus of any wedding, and wedding pictures are always posed and staged for Royal Weddings, so why should this wedding be any different?
Old 05-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Courtier

Billie Holliday started wearing flowers in her hair because one day when she was trying to straighten it, she accidentally burned it off. So it became her signature look.

I dunno, I like the messy hair look, but everyone in my house has messy hair. I love these photos. And I love how affectionate they often are in photos. I think Meghan's affectionate nature is one of the things Harry loves about her.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Billie Holliday started wearing flowers in her hair because one day when she was trying to straighten it, she accidentally burned it off. So it became her signature look.

I dunno, I like the messy hair look, but everyone in my house has messy hair. I love these photos. And I love how affectionate they often are in photos. I think Meghan's affectionate nature is one of the things Harry loves about her.

I'm so used to my daughter's messy bun hair that when we had her graduation photos done, half of them are with her hair down and half with it thrown up into her signature bun--she didn't look like herself with her hair down over her shoulders.

I'm firmly in the camp that brides look better when they wear their hair mostly similar to their normal hairstyles. So Meghan looked just fine to me.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful photographs! I like how Princess Charlotte is sitting on her mother's lap.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good thing about most young women her age, they don't tend to keep a 'signature look' for life. Her style will evolve. I don't think we will see the same 'royal uniform' we have seen with Kate (her style changing almost none since marriage). It will evolve with time and style. I am sure you will be seeing eventually a move from the messy bun. Maybe not soon enough for some.

The photos were amazing. So happy to come home from a long shift to them

The black and white photo is positively stunning. My favorite royal wedding portrait ever.

I love the one with the kids and them. The kids all seem so happy. I love where Ivy and Florence are sharing Florence's bouquet. I bet Ivy felt special she got to carry aunty Meghan's bouquet for her, but she was likely a little sad to not have her own in the photo times.

I don't find Camilla clashed at all. Happy she wasn't in green. Actually I wish if they knew they were doing pictures in a green room, there had been less green. Too much green on green. I think the lovely pink of Camilla and the yellowish of Kate looked great in the room.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:44 PM
Serene Highness

I would really like a formal picture of just the 2 of them standing and with a complete sweep of the veil in front and not cut off. The veil is spectacular and i would love to see all of the detail. (ok... it could just be a picture of her - i really just want to see the veil
Old 05-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I would really like a formal picture of just the 2 of them standing and with a complete sweep of the veil in front and not cut off. The veil is spectacular and i would love to see all of the detail. (ok... it could just be a picture of her - i really just want to see the veil
I'm sure one was taken, and many more. Hopefully we'll get to see more of them eventually. I'd love a better look at the veil!

Tags
meghan markle, prince harry, prince harry of wales, wedding