The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
You are most likely from GB and are very kind but I just think that the Royal Family deep inside does not want taint their blood with an American woman much less a woman who is black as Harry's wife.

I wonder if he has ever dated an American?
Other than Chelsy Davy, we do not know who else Henry has dated, or if he has for that matter.
I am from the UK, but that has no bearing on my words. The BRF aren't as backward as everyone thinks they are, you can take one look at the shows, the films, the pictures to notice they are first and foremost a family that love and support each other above everything else. If Henry chose to marry an American, then she would be welcomed into the family, if he chose to marry a black woman she would be welcomed into the family.

It doesn't really matter who they marry, as long as they can handle royal life.
May I enquire as to why you keep asking if he's dated an American? What is so significant about Henry dating someone from that continent?

Also - you've created the same post twice, you can delete the previous post by clicking the edit button.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Other than Chelsy Davy, we do not know who else Henry has dated, or if he has for that matter.
I am from the UK, but that has no bearing on my words. The BRF aren't as backward as everyone thinks they are, you can take one look at the shows, the films, the pictures to notice they are first and foremost a family that love and support each other above everything else. If Henry chose to marry an American, then she would be welcomed into the family, if he chose to marry a black woman she would be welcomed into the family.

It doesn't really matter who they marry, as long as they can handle royal life.
May I enquire as to why you keep asking if he's dated an American? What is so significant about Henry dating someone from that continent?

Also - you've created the same post twice, you can delete the previous post by clicking the edit button.
I did not realize I created the same post twice sorry about that. Regarding Harry marrying an American, I just think it would be awesome to see Harry marry out of norm and hearing about his family's reaction to her. It just would be something different of sorts.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post

I did not realize I created the same post twice sorry about that. Regarding Harry marrying an American, I just think it would be awesome to see Harry marry out of norm and hearing about his family's reaction to her. It just would be something different of sorts.
You would never hear a family reaction, ever. If they didn't like it, they're not going to show it. They are possibility the most emotionally controlled people this side of Vulcans.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You would never hear a family reaction, ever. If they didn't like it, they're not going to show it. They are possibility the most emotionally controlled people this side of Vulcans.
But you say that Harry can marry an American as long as she is not Catholic and the family would be fine with it. That is great to know.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Nobility

.. and when the new legislation is passed, he can also marry a catholic women ...
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Nobility

Prince Harry, like his father, will have tasted the fruits of every land, but in the end, he will do what he feels the family expects of him as far as his choice of a bride.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
.. and when the new legislation is passed, he can also marry a catholic women ...
Hopefully when he marries it will be for love,the persons faith or no faith won't matter to him.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Majesty

I don't see why anyone would think that the royal family would have a problem with a person from outside the UK. Peter married a Canadian who was a RC until a few weeks before the wedding, along with a number of others who were born outside the UK, including Philip.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I don't see why anyone would think that the royal family would have a problem with a person from outside the UK. Peter married a Canadian who was a RC until a few weeks before the wedding, along with a number of others who were born outside the UK, including Philip.
Well exactly. Marion Stein an Austrian Jew was married to the Queens first cousin George, Earl of Harewood in a wedding attended by most members of the BRF. The Earl of St Andrews is married to a Canadian Roman Catholic. The Duchess of Gloucester is a Dane and her daughter married a New Zealander of Maori descent. I can't imagine that marriage to an American would be that big a deal as long as she was able to fit into the working royal family.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Gentry

I dare say they'd be far more concerned with an American prospective bride's family's ability to keep their mouths shut to the press, than skin color or nation of origin.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Courtier

I just wanted to ask if something changes in case Harry is only married when Charles is king.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
I just wanted to ask if something changes in case Harry is only married when Charles is king.
Like what? The only thing I can think of would be that children born during the current reign would not necessarily be born as HRHs but as Lord or Lady. Other that the marriage of a Kings son is a bigger deal than the marriage of a Queens grandson.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Nobility

The Duke of Windsor title needs come back to the House of Windsor. I don't think that KGVI ever intended it to die in one generation.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Majesty

I think The Duke of Windsor title was a brilliant creation. It sounds so grand and important. I also think the Dukedom should be re-created.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO that will never happen. Th history attached to that title is too painful and too recent (in royal terms) Give it 150 years plus and maybe

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt KGVI really cared whether or not it died in one generation. In fact, given the general feelings toward Wallis Simpson, I really doubt that KGVI or QEQM was all that disappointed to see that it didn't continue on.

There's a part of me that would like to see Harry become a Duke of York - he is, after all going to be the younger son of the monarch, and that's the traditional title associated with that role.

This of course would mean that Harry would be created an Earl at his marriage and a Duke following the death of Andrew, similar to the plan for Edward and the duchy of Edinburgh. It would also hinge on Andrew not remarrying and having a son, but does anyone actually expect that at this point?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
The Duke of Windsor title needs come back to the House of Windsor. I don't think that KGVI ever intended it to die in one generation.
Well, actually he did. It was assumed at the time of the Abdication that due to Wallis' age, it was highly unlikely any children would be produced. That's probably why there were no subsidiary titles created with the Dukedom.

I highly doubt it will ever return as an extant Dukedom due to the negative association with the Abdication, but you never know.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
There's a part of me that would like to see Harry become a Duke of York - he is, after all going to be the younger son of the monarch, and that's the traditional title associated with that role.

This of course would mean that Harry would be created an Earl at his marriage and a Duke following the death of Andrew, similar to the plan for Edward and the duchy of Edinburgh. It would also hinge on Andrew not remarrying and having a son, but does anyone actually expect that at this point?
It's unlikely Andrew would remarry at this point and produce a son, but never say never. In any case, Harry will probably marry long before Andrew's death and be created a Duke by his grandmother or his father.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post

It's unlikely Andrew would remarry at this point and produce a son, but never say never. In any case, Harry will probably marry long before Andrew's death and be created a Duke by his grandmother or his father.
Not necessarily. Edward was created an Earl with the expectation that he will one day be the Duke of Edinburgh (once the title reverts to the crown). Why not create Harry an Earl upon his marriage, with the expectation that he will be created Duke of York once the title becomes extinct?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Not necessarily. Edward was created an Earl with the expectation that he will one day be the Duke of Edinburgh (once the title reverts to the crown). Why not create Harry an Earl upon his marriage, with the expectation that he will be created Duke of York once the title becomes extinct?
I don't think so.

I read that the Queen will give the Dukedom of Sussex to Prince Harry, upon his marriage.

Also, Prince Andrew is young and can live for many decades. The Dukedom of York will, probably, be given to Prince William's second son (or, perhaps, to his oldest son who isn't the firstborn child, taking the new succession rules in consideration).

Tags
prince harry, prince william, styles and titles