The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren said:
I don't want to think we've invested all that time, effort and carry-on for 20 current events threads on someone who may turn out to be a non-starter. :lol:
Totally agree Warren. Spoiled and selfish of them not to consider all we've invested in this relationship. It's all about them, isn't it???:bang: Shame!!:lol: :lol:

I keep seeing comments about people saying this is a rumor...they don't believe it. I can understand your point of view if it was an article or two but HELLO!!!... it has been on CNN HEADLINE NEWS for a couple of days now, not to mention on news all over the world so I think it is accurate information. As far as them getting back together in the future, who knows??? but for now they seem to be over...

christinacg said:
He'll find another girlfriend that I like sometime in the future I'm sure, but I really hope he stays single for awhile.
Without sounding like too much of sour grapes, I hope he stays single for a long time, although the women will continue to throw themselves at him shamelessly. No self-respecting woman in her right mind should want to get involved with this kind of situation. What Kate has endured is humiliating, though she does bear responsibilty for gambling and going for broke, putting her life on hold. I'm a big fan of hers, but I think this was a fatal mistake on her part. I really hope her fancy friends, rather William's fancy friends, don't desert her now. Won't that be awkward at future dinner parties if the two of them remain in the same social circles invited to the same parties. I hope she remains strong and rebuffs any future advances by him. I would. I would avoid him like the plague, and she would be wise to do the same....If this is really legit. I still have my suspicions.

If any of the information about why "ladies-man" William split off with Catherine is true, he doesn't deserve a nice girl like her. Being Royal is one thing, being no gentleman another.

Luv2Cruise said:
Totally agree Warren. Spoiled and selfish of them not to consider all we've invested in this relationship. It's all about them, isn't it???:bang: Shame!!:lol: :lol:

Good point. :lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol:

My opionion:

First of all, Clarence House hasn't confirmed it and the newspapers and other sources are all quoting 'The Sun,' which isn't that reliable, so it could be untrue.

Second of all, it could also just be that they fake the end of their relationship while William is in the army. It would make it easier (paparazzi) for Kate and William can stick to his word that he won't marry before he's around 30. Ofcourse they could see eachother if there is no press present. It will also kill the pressure to get married. After a few years, who knows, they might suprise us all with an engagement.

And third, if it is true, it is always a possibility that they get back togeter. I'd also like to add to this that Kate is/was Prince William's first real girlfriend, with that in mind, it doesn't really strike as a suprise to me.

Ofcourse that doesn't mean that I'm not disappointed.

Cheers,
Josette

Warren said:
Yes, all the reports refer back to the Sun. Either news editors don't want to be left behind, and we have the media reporting on the media as "news", or the story has been confirmed through private sources and so they are confident it is true.

Where to from here? Will he make the same mistake as his father and pass up his "true love?" Will his upcoming war experience give him a new perspective, and change his mind about Kate? Will she wait? And if the relationship is over, what woman, after observing what Kate Middleton has endured, will willingly put herself in the same position? Who wants paparazzi camped outside their front door? From William's perspective, the longer he takes to find Ms Right, the greater the expectation and pressure, as experienced by his father.

I think there'd still be alot of women who'll be prepared to go thru what Kate endured with the media in order to date Wills. Probably because they will be unaware of what the media instrusion can really be like.

And yes, the media expectation on Wills is IMO too much. The problem i guess with WillKat is that because they had gone out for so long, some people particularly expected them to marry. Too much pressure for two people so young. Also Kate was the 'perfect' Royal girlfriend, pretty, discreet and from the right sort of breakground. If she didn't exist the media couldn't have made her up. They (the media) are desperate for another glamouros princess in the vein of Diana.

Alot of papers in England are saying that they split up because Wills wanted to concentrate on his army career - dunno if that is true or not though.

Anyway i'll miss Kate, she did add a touch of glamour whenever she appeared with Wills and the Royal Family.

Last edited:
jspate said:
I keep seeing comments about people saying this is a rumor...they don't believe it. I can understand your point of view if it was an article or two but HELLO!!!... it has been on CNN HEADLINE NEWS for a couple of days now, not to mention on news all over the world so I think it is accurate information. As far as them getting back together in the future, who knows??? but for now they seem to be over...

There is speculation that they maybe faking their split and that the relationship is on and that they may get back together in the future, but who knows...and yes you are correct. I believe that they have split because like you said not only have CNN run with this story but the BBC as well. Today all the papers have this story as their headline. The media are loving this.

An Australian Newspaper states.. IT'S OVER - Why Kate dumped Prince William!

Tabloids can never seem to stick to the same story :ROFLMAO:

jspate said:

But the whole point that MUST be considered is that ALL these different reports are basing their reports on the article in THE SUN which is hardly the most reliable of sources.

In other words - there is really only ONE report and all the other news agencies have picked it up and run with it. Many are acknowledging The Sun as the source of the report.

Whether the relationship is over or not we will know, if and when, we see William and/or Kate with another partner. Until then - it is a report from the same newspaper that only a month or so ago was telling us that they were going to be annoucing their engagement any day soon - and then the other news agencies picked up these stories from The Sun as well. The reports from The Sun, and consequently the other news agencies (including CNN) were wrong then and could be wrong again.

Prince William was apparently boozing, less than 24 hours after the split, reportedly saying he is now free and there are pictures of his night out. Just goes to show how sensitive and nice a guy he really is. He needs to GROW UP and have some respect for the girl who spent 4 years by his side. It's shamelessly disrespectful to Kate and their 4-year relationship. By all accounts Kate has behaved with far more class and dignity than the 2nd in line to the throne! I have lost any semblance of respect for him that I had, not that I had much any way. Yes, he may not have been ready for marriage but getting drunk so publicly after the split was made is just so ironically low class. His behavior the day the split was announced is simply appalling and insensitive.

Last edited:
kaffir said:
Definitely for the best, no? I mean she's spent four years with this guy, and it was going nowhere. She will no doubt end up marrying well--she'll still be in that upper crust social circle, don't you think?

i agree she'll probably end up marrying well. what i'm curious about (and i'm not saying that your point of view is wrong, just wondering how you came to it) is why you think it's not for the best. would you rather that they'd given in to media/public pressure, married and ended up divorcing? regardless of the length of time they were together if one, or both, were unhappy in the relationship for whatever reason, then ending it is for the best.

Last edited:
Izzysamos said:
Speaking of bunk, I think it's an insult to imply that she wasn't "fit" to be a queen, or to "bear heirs". I can think of a LOT of worse people William could have chosen/will choose to wed, so I think that's unfair to say about her.

Hear! Hear! I'm with you Izzysamos!

So Now What?

not sure where this should actually go but i'll start it here.

we all know that history repeats itself so let's consider this:

for all who are saying that william is too young to marry (he'll actually be 25 this june) what happens if he takes the same road his father took? the longer his father waited the more pressure he was under to find a "suitable" bride. it finally came down to him marrying someone that was so completely unsuitable that...well we all know that story. has anyone considered that the if he waits too long he could face the same thing? 25 is definitely not too young to marry, and his military career aside, shouldn't he start considering marriage sooner rather than later? the "powers that be" knew, as soon as charles and diana had a son, that he grow up, go to school, join the military, etc, etc so i'm sure that his advisers have discussed with him about beginning to make plans for this.

Now I admit I have only had time for a quick look through the comments on the alleged split on this forum, but what is strange is that most seem to believe that William dropped Catherine and not the other way around. Perhaps she was upset by his inability to drive up to London at the weekends to see her, probably making the excuse of training, (it's a little hard to explain what training had to do with hanging out in the local bar).

Today we seem to have progressed from the assumption that Willian did the breaking up, to who was behind it. One paper puts the blame in Charles' lap, another The Queen, what about the senior courtiers who said he shouldn't be pressured (are they the same ones the papers said were pressuring him a couple of weeks ago)? This one just gives a basic breakdown of who it might have been, with the added spice of 'close friends', 'royal sources', etc, etc.

Whoever made the decision, William, Catherine or uncle Tom Cobbly, after a long term relationship, if they have split up, they will both be upset, in their own way. I feel very sorry for them both.

Now we're already presure on his shoulders again, by asking these questions. He has to take his time, find the right person, that's what matters.

I don't think it's up to you or me or anyone else to decide when Wills will be ready to get married except for him. I think 25 is young in this day and age, but that doesn't mean there aren't people out there who get married this young. I think there was alot of pressure on his father to find the perfect woman. He ended up choosing someone that he knew everyone else would love but unfortunatly he didn't feel the same way.

I think we should just be patient and know that William has a good head on his shoulders and he knows the mistakes his parents made and is just carefull with his own decision. Let's wait for him to tell us when he's ready and with whom he plans to share his life with.

when he thinks he is ready to get married & when he finds the right person than he will pop the question. Th more pressure he is under, the chances are that he will not make the right choice. Cant they leave him alone.

well said, Niki.I think William should make his own choice.He should not be pressed into a marriage by the media, the public opinion, or his family. Charles is different because Amenda Knatchbull and Jane Weslley refused to marry him before he proposed to Diana. If Ameneda said yes, things will be much different.

Yes, but his behaviour at the bar the night the split was announced to the world is appalling. It definitely shows that he needs to grow up. If he is silly enough to carry on his partying ways with little regard to how hurt his Kate may be it shows how insensitive he is and it wouldn't be a fairy-tale to be engaged to him for sure.

About Will: think about that what happen and why it happen? Find new love, get married and don't give up to the pressure.

About us:waite and see what would happen? Any statement or smth like that about that what happen? Waiting for a new person in Wills live. etc.

Last edited:
big mistake

If this news is to be believed then I hope William realizes what he's doing.
She would've been a wonderful companion for him quiet,beautiful,discreet
bright and sporty... a woman fit to a be queen and support him through all ups and downs. Really sad!​

love_cc said:
well said, Niki.I think William should make his own choice.He should not be pressed into a marriage by the media, the public opinion, or his family. Charles is different because Amenda Knatchbull and Jane Weslley refused to marry him before he proposed to Diana. If Ameneda said yes, things will be much different.

I don't remember hearing about Amenda! What's the story behind them love_CC?

This is such an interesting question Duchess and this is my ten cents worth, MPO.
I like to think that when William is ready he will pop the question to the right girl, but, and I wonder how big a but this is, how much pressure is he under from his own family to make a choice that is right for Prince William, future King of England (the establishment) and not for Wills. I think that the British Royal family has stayed true to it's conviction throughout the decades (I applaud them for that) and for that reason will make sure that William marry a girl who will be, in their opinion, perfect for the job not so much perfect for William. Things went terribly and tragically pear shaped for Charles and Diana, so I hope that the 'powers that be' will leave William to marry a girl he is in love with.

crisscross1 said:
This is such an interesting question Duchess and this is my ten cents worth, MPO.
I like to think that when William is ready he will pop the question to the right girl, but, and I wonder how big a but this is, how much pressure is he under from his own family to make a choice that is right for Prince William, future King of England (the establishment) and not for Wills. I think that the British Royal family has stayed true to it's conviction throughout the decades (I applaud them for that) and for that reason will make sure that William marry a girl who will be, in their opinion, perfect for the job not so much perfect for William. Things went terribly and tragically pear shaped for Charles and Diana, so I hope that the 'powers that be' will leave William to marry a girl he is in love with.

excellent point! there's 2 very different definitions of "the right girl".

Yes, that's true
- the right girl for the family and people
- and the right girl for the man.

Isn't it similar as it was in Mette-Marit, Letizia, Maxima and Mary's cases? They were "the right girls" for the princes and not always for their families and for the people.

i'm with skydragon on this. also, who says we need to feel sorry for catherine. yes she's with her family but we have no reason to believe that she's the one taking it worse. afterall, it's william who was out drinking. catherine had the good sense to stay out of the public eye and save herself the aggrevation of the media. if william throws a fit because of the intrusion at what should be a "very private issue" then he's brought this one on himself.

William must take his time and I think we all agree with that. The presure Charles felt when he was young shouldn't happen to his son(s). As crisscross1 said it turned out terribly wrong between Charles and Diana and it would be very sad if it happened to Will.

Maybe they are doing what JFK jr and Caroline Bessett did? Staging a breakup for the benefit of the press to throw them off the scent?

If William wasn't ready to settle down then it didn't mean they needed to split. Sure there is pressure to marry here and now but if he isn't ready and Kate is willing to wait then let everyone else wait too. It isn't their future at stake.

However if they truly did just drift apart and the relationship did run its course I wish them the best. I hope Kate moves on and leads a normal life and that William will resist pressure and find his perfect woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom