The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprincess
Good point. I read an article which suggested the Prince William owed something to Kate because they dated for so long. But I disagree. If like you said Prince William and Kate seriously discussed marriage and then he broke up with her, then what he did wasn't right. However, just because they went out for a long time doesn't mean anything. As hard as it would be, someone who is dating such a high profile figure needs to realize that sacrificing themselves for another person rarely ends well. That said, we will obviosuly never know what really happened and it really isn't anybody elses business.

I agree about the sacrificing part. Kate obviously gave up quite a bit of her privacy and for someone who was not immersed in that kind of life from the start, it can be difficult to adjust, even for the most well-adjusted person. That said, all relationships require sacrifice in one form or another. She was obviously willing to make the sacrifice or else the relationship either would never have started or ended long before it did. My gut tells me that he was behind the break-up, not her. Either he wasn't 100% clear about his plans and ideas about marriage or there was something else going on that we are not privy to. I think Kate is the kind of person who would fight to keep him, if it was something minor or insignificant. For them to have split, especially after it appeared she was making ins with the family, it had to have been big.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Laha magazine about the breakup on page 1

http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/04-2007/344People03.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 04-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Joumana, since that isn't an English-language article, please could you give us an English summary of what it's saying?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

Duty Calls For William's Ex Kate
The Royalist - Duty Calls For William's Ex Kate

Kate Is William's Sexiest Ex
The Royalist - Kate Is William's Sexiest Ex
Old 04-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
That said, if he in any way led Kate to believe that he would marry her one day and then backed out of that for whatever reason, I think that's really, really low and he should be ashamed.
I think what may be closer to the truth was that everybody around Kate, her family, the Royal Family, the press, her friends, everybody but William was saying that she was the perfect bride for him, and on the other hand, William was saying he didn't want to get married until he was 30. It hardly mattered if she was the perfect bride if he wasn't ready to get married.

I don't know if he exactly lied to her but I imagine he didn't spend too much time and energy reminding her that he wasn't ready to get married when all this marriage talk was going around.

If so, he wouldn't be the first guy to avoid a difficult conversation so he could keep seeing his girl.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Kate went to Boujis... more party.

Kate doesn't need a Prince to go to Boujis | the Daily Mail

other thing...

Revealed: The renovated estate that was meant to be Prince William and Kate's lovenest | News | This is London
Old 04-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Commoner

I must say that on the pictures we have seen of Kate since the break-up, she looks more beautiful than before. Sleek, smiling, with outfits that fits her age, looking rather relaxed.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I think what may be closer to the truth was that everybody around Kate, her family, the Royal Family, the press, her friends, everybody but William was saying that she was the perfect bride for him, and on the other hand, William was saying he didn't want to get married until he was 30. It hardly mattered if she was the perfect bride if he wasn't ready to get married.
Exactly, Prince William is only 25 and has only really had 1 serious girlfriend. So it is not suprising that he has expressed his desire to wait until he is a bit older to marry, especially given his position. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't all the current Crown Princes get married in their mid-30s (Frederick, Fillipe, Willem-Alexander ...). It seems that there is a trend of princes, just like most people, waiting until they are older to marry.

I know a lot the media had speculated pre-breakup that P. Willam and Kate would marry by the end of next year (2008), but that was mostly likely a just way for them to sell more newspapers. But now looking back and even a bit at the time, it seemed very unlikely that Prince William would choose to marry so young and before he has started to take on full-time royal duties. Sadly, I do think Kate would have been a good member of the royal family, but the problem is that she meet William way too young. I can't help but wonder if had they met and started dating when they were both in their late 20s or early 30s, if things would have been different. IMHO, the timing was off more than anything. Not trying to start a debate about, 'what ifs' here. But I think the issue of timing could have been a factor in the breakup.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

KATE: I BLAME CHARLES

KATE Middleton blames Prince Charles for her split with William.
Upset Kate, 25, blurted out to workmates days after the dramatic end of her four-year affair: "It's because of his daddy."

Colleague Philip Higgs probably received payment for this 'exclusive', although I doubt Catherine would have said such a thing. Still Master Higgs got the 5 minutes of fame he craved.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
IF it is true, and William sought his father's advice, and Charles gave the advice described, while saying he would not pressure William into doing anything he didn't want to do, it seems like very sound and considerate advice to me.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Royal Highness

"IF" it's true that charles advice was to either propose or end the relationship then good for him and good for william/catherine for ending it rather than give in to public pressure and marry when one of them wasn't ready. it shows that he had the interests of both william AND catherine in mind.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
"IF" it's true that charles advice was to either propose or end the relationship then good for him and good for william/catherine for ending it rather than give in to public pressure and marry when one of them wasn't ready. it shows that he had the interests of both william AND catherine in mind.
Well said, you said what I think.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Royal Highness

thanks maymay. imo there's no one better to give that kind of advice than charles, having been thru that whole scenario before.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Whether Charles said what he is alleged to have said the advice apparently given is certainly wise advice in the circumstances.

The longer they remained as an unofficial couple (official only once an engagement had been announced) the pressure from the press would have continued to grow, until they gave in.

This way they both have a chance to experience more of life and who knows.... maybe get back together or maybe not.

We certainly don't want 'another Diana' (the words allegedly said by the Queen) as in someone who was proposed to when the proposer wasn't sure but the pressure from the press became too great - in that context the Queen's alleged comments are truly appropriate - if William wasn't/isn't sure then break it off now rather than marry someone who turns out to be the wrong person just because of the press.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Aristocracy

On the french Royal magazine Point de Vue, they say that William would be in love with Isabella. Is this true?

link - POINT DE VUE
Point de vue
Old 04-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

KATE Middleton blames Prince Charles for her split with William.
Upset Kate, 25, blurted out to workmates days after the dramatic end of her four-year affair: "It's because of his daddy."

Colleague Philip Higgs probably received payment for this 'exclusive', although I doubt Catherine would have said such a thing. Still Master Higgs got they 5 minutes of fame he craved.
.....one more reason not to share your personal life with coworkers.
But if its, true, I wouldn't blame Prince Charles for it. If the William didn't wan't to break up with Kate, he wouldn't have done it.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
thanks maymay. imo there's no one better to give that kind of advice than charles, having been thru that whole scenario before.
I totally agree with you Duchess. Charles is the person to give William advice in the field of "love" and where it might or might not advance to.

I also have been thinking that perhaps William didn't feel that Kate "looked" the part of a Queen and that she should been more glamourous looking. We may feel that she is "pretty", but IMO I don't think she meets the "beautiful" look of a Queen (Boy am I going to get it now ). Some of the European womern that are being discussed in the other thread look more the part; therefore, what I need to elaborate on belongs in the other thread and not this one.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think Prince Charles is to blame. If Prince William wanted to marry Kate nothing would have stop him. I think Prince William has always maintain that he has a lot to do before getting married. I think he was upfront with Kate all along and the media made his relationship more than he was ready for. The media needed another Diana.

If Kate made that comment at work then she was hitting back for her MOTHER. I also think that coworker who spilled the news might not have a job at Jigsaw for very long.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
I also think that coworker who spilled the news might not have a job at Jigsaw for very long.
I wondered how much that person received for their "information".
Old 04-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I wondered how much that person received for their "information".
True, I bet a lot HRH Kimetha.

Does anybody else see that Kate goes out Thursday nights. I wonder if that is because she does not want to run into William?

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships