The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasedtomeetyou
As far as Kate is concerned, I am surprised that quite a lot of people close to William appear to be quite supportive of her. I read in one of the papers that Guy Pelly and Holly Branson are keeping contact with her and one of the tabloids even reports that Zara Philipps is busy organizing a girls' weekend for Kate in Brighton - quite unusal for a cousin of one's ex-lover. ....
Many couples break up and then months down the road get back together after having taken a break from each other...time away long enough to realize they want to be together. Perhaps the same could happen with William and Kate.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:22 PM

It seems like Miss Middleton became friends with lots of people in PW's circle, so I suppose many or some of them stay in touch and show her support. The reports of the breakup all have various claims, but all seem to agree the breakup was amiable, so I imagine that the friends are not split in different camps. The friends can show support for both and be friends on both sides, I imagine.
She does seem to be good friends with some in particular: Branson who invited her to that South Africa party, Pelly of course, Meade, Tom van S.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
It seems like Miss Middleton became friends with lots of people in PW's circle, so I suppose many or some of them stay in touch and show her support. The reports of the breakup all have various claims, but all seem to agree the breakup was amiable, so I imagine that the friends are not split in different camps. The friends can show support for both and be friends on both sides, I imagine.
She does seem to be good friends with some in particular: Branson who invited her to that South Africa party, Pelly of course, Meade, Tom van S.
Or they could close ranks with William to leave Kate out. It depends on who was whose friend first. I assume those part of the William/Harry circle will remain loyal to their kin and Kate will slowly find other places and people to hang out with.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Commoner

CasiraghiTrio: But the thing about Charles and Camila is that Charles already had a heir and his divorce from Diana was the worst thing that could happen to the BRF, it couldn't get any lower.

And about the SRF, I agree with you. After Eva and the way Felipe seemed to be in love with her,Letizia (and I do't mean she isn't a good princess) was better than becoming a second Albert of Monaco.

By the way, if only the BRF had the same influence over the press that the SRF does, we wouldn't be discussing it by now.

Anyway, for whom it may concern, I'm sorry if i sound like someone who was bashing Letizia and Maxima.

I'm so glad here in Brazil we don't have a rouyal family (but i sure miss having a princess as beautiful as Caroline from Monaco or such a lovely couple like Mary and Frederik).

About Kate, I do like her, and I think her story was similar to Mary Donaldson. Just hope she can move on and achieve great things in her life.

For William, i hope he finds someone that can be suitable and nice to him.

I guess if there was a soundtrack for this break up, it would be "Ordinary People" by John Legend. What do you think?

Which is the break up song for Wills and Kate? Anything cheesy?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by karolandrade
Which is the break up song for Wills and Kate? Anything cheesy?
How about "Breaking Up is So Hard to Do" especially when several million are watching you!
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Commoner

Great choice ysbel!!! :)
Old 04-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
How about "Breaking Up is So Hard to Do" especially when several million are watching you!
If you really want cheesy- then how about Abba- "Knowing Me Knowing You"

Old 04-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

While we're with ABBA, there's always "The Winner Takes it All".
Old 04-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
While we're with ABBA, there's always "The Winner Takes it All".
But then the question becomes "Who's the winner?"
Old 04-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB
I have to vote for Kate because no matter what else she does with her life she will be successful. At least judging by the way in which she has conducted herself not only during their romance but most importantly after it. And who knows they still might get back together once William finds out how many girls just want to go out with him for the tiara!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB
Definately Kate. She gets spared of joining 'the circus'.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Definately Kate. She gets spared of joining 'the circus'.
May I ask what you mean by the term circus?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

When I said 'circus' I was referring to a quote tht one of Charles' ex girlfriends referred to the Royal family as. A circus, as in a place where its all a show etc. (intensive media, protocol etc)
Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Nobility

Definitely Kate! Though we lose by not getting her as POW.
I think Australian is trying to point out that those who are members of the RF pay a price for their status and are expected to "perform" and definitely give up a good deal of their privacy. They do essentially live in a "circus".

I keep wondering at the media who print these stories about Kate not being blue blooded enough. Who exactly are these people if not regular blokes themselves. Sophie, Sara Ferguson, Camilla, Tim, Mark Phillips, Tony Armstrong- Jones are not what you'd call upper class folks and they seemed to do just fine for the RF. These stories are just plain insulting to the average Joe or Jane and can only serve to do great damage to the RF in the long run.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qui mal y pense
I think Australian is trying to point out that those who are members of the RF pay a price for their status and are expected to "perform" and definitely give up a good deal of their privacy. They do essentially live in a "circus".
quote]
Yes that was what i was meaning. Apparently one of Charles' girlfriends compared the Royal family to that of a circus so I just used her quote- i think it summs it up nicely, sweet and short
Old 04-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Courtier

Yet another, but with additional "possible" reasons why the split with more of an emphasis on Kate possibly ending the romance. Like with all tabloids and "news" reports, this should be taken lightly until we hear of something different, of course.

Did royal interference cause Prince William and Kate Middleton's split?

A secret royal marriage deal was the real reason behind Britain's Prince William and Kate Middleton's split, it has been reported.
The couple allegedly reassessed their relationship when they discovered their future was being decided for them, with their engagement talked about as a "done deal".

According to reports, Queen Elizabeth was keen for the pair to wed, as it would help improve the public face of the royal family.

Did royal interference cause Prince William and Kate Middleton's split? | 24dash.com - Showbiz & Slap Dash
Old 04-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

You know, my opinion of all KATE/WILLIAM relationship is that everything we say here is pure speculation and that we don't know anything for sure!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Yet another, but with additional "possible" reasons why the split with more of an emphasis on Kate possibly ending the romance. Like with all tabloids and "news" reports, this should be taken lightly until we hear of something different, of course.
Did royal interference cause Prince William and Kate Middleton's split?
This one's good, and bears some analysis. From the top:

24dash.com - Showbiz & Slap Dash
"it has been reported..."
"According to reports..."
"A royal source..."
"...Britain's Grazia magazine..."
"Kate was said to have..."
"The source added..."
"Another source revealed..."
"Copyright BANG Royal2007"

The website's 'About Us' page claims it is a "news site run by professional journalists".
Is this what they teach in journalism schools these days?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wish it wasn't, but I do wonder sometimes.

Somehow I doubt the claim "Queen Elizabeth was keen for the pair to wed, as it would help improve the public face of the royal family." since I assume the Queen is smart enough to know that family pressure to get married doesn't guarantee a successful marriage and that the fallout of an unsuccessful rushed marriage is highly detrimental to the public face of the royal family and a great deal more besides. You'd think she might remember what happened to Charles, after all.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Courtier

I was planning to post into Kate's forums but closed oh well

Kate Middleton to work for Tom Ford..

Kate Middleton | Frillr

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships